TCG Fakes Faking Resources and Help - How to Make Your Own Pokemon Cards!

Luplayz

The Master of bad Pokemon
Here are some custom type backgrounds for types that aren't officially in the TCG. You can see some of them in action in my custom Evolutions-esque cards- click the banner in my sig. They are the ones on the right, the backgrounds for my custom blank are completely custom. The resolutions are a bit inconsistent, but they should fit fine on most print-res blanks. Most are basically just recolours + slight edits to offical type textures, but others (Most notably Bug and Ice) were made from scratch.

-Bug
-Flying
-Ghost
-Ground
-Ice
-Poison
-Rock
my MacBook Air won't open the images on safari. although I'm using images for the July Create a Card.

IvanAipom93

Ice/Electric type member
I am currently working on a full set of Pokemon Templates for MSE (Magic Set Editor). They can be found at http://magicseteditor.boards.net/thread/256/pokemon-thread.

I'd appreciate any constructive feedback.

Hi @ImpSpiritGuide . Thanks for your work! I'm looking for a good Pokémon TCG Card Maker since a long time (heh I know Photoshop does exist, but I just can't learn it only to make cards!). I remember spending time waiting for some card makers, like Aschefield's one, but they were discontinued. I used to use Deckromancy's one (that was decent) but the site is now dead. I'm currently trying MSE, which I totally didn't know, with your resources. And it looks great! I'm still not able to use it properly but I guess I have to read that very long PDF. The program looks complicated but it also looks complete. If you wish, I can give you some feedback about stuff, as soon as I learn how to use it all!

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
I have a weirdly specific request can I get a large picture of the background effect of metal type cards if that makes sense

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Updated some of the textures on my Gym, Japanese Neo, and Hybrid Neo-Gym templates: http://fav.me/dczk4bv

rkq1F5I.png

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I've updated the OP thread with the many resources that were created last year. Full list below. Also updated the formatting / layout slightly.

- SUNLAVA™ Holosheet (SM-Era) -- @aschefield101
- Added an "available upon request" note for Tag Team blanks.
- Added bonus Dragon + Fairy + Mega + UB blanks for the DPPt-era -- @The Ωmega One, @AwesomeEevee
- Added Rainbow Rocket Custom Blanks for the SM-era -- bartyboy6
- Added Splattered Dual-Type Blanks for the SM-era -- bartyboy6
- Added Ripple and Star Rings custom holosheets -- @Nekoban Ryo
- Added Classic Holofoil for use on printed custom cards -- Nekoban Ryo
- Added Custom Glossy Energy Icons -- Nekoban Ryo
- Updated the official SM-era Rule Book (Edition #9)

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Oh I forgot that Metagross made a variety of custom type blanks! If you search his DeviantArt page @SneaselGenesis , you should find more custom type blanks for the ex-era, such as Ice and Bug. Keep in mind that this does not use the official [Y]-type symbol. You might like to replace the unofficial symbol with the official one designed by CMP [link], it is in roughly the same style as other ex-era Energy symbols.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Is anyone else having problems installing the font pack? I keep getting an Unspecified Error when trying to extract them from the folder.

I was able to find another folder with the fonts, if it is needed this page has them: https://www.deviantart.com/p0kelegends/art/Pokemon-Ultimate-Card-Creator-Pack-497149383
What did you use to extract them? For some reason, the native windows unzipper doesn't work with that font pack, you have to use a free program like 7-Zip, which is a quite useful upgrade in itself.

SneaselGenesis

Aspiring Trainer
What did you use to extract them? For some reason, the native windows unzipper doesn't work with that font pack, you have to use a free program like 7-Zip, which is a quite useful upgrade in itself.

Yeah I was using the Windows unzipper. Thanks for the info. :)

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I'm not sure how useful this will be, but here's something I added to the resources group a week ago: a retro-style texture editor (mainly for unofficial types).

I was inspired to make this PSD after realizing that Fire and Psychic shared the same base texture. In theory, this should be more versatile than recoloring official textures (for example, you can add textures/patterns under the clouds; think Link monsters from YGO) and give you more control over the exact colors. I may add other texture styles later but, until then, you can try emulating those with a Spatter effect.

Notes and Tips:
* Cloud Hue and Cloud Color layers (optional) should use the same color, which should be something close to the Base Color (like blues or pinks for purples).
* Opacity and blending mode of the Shadows layer may need adjusting on some base colors.
* You can make the clouds look a bit more vibrant by upping the opacity of the Optional layer under Cloud Color to 25% (I don't recommend exceeding that).
* For darker textures that would have white text, you can either decrease the opacity of the Clouds layer or change its blending mode to Multiply and hide the Shadows layer.

You might be able to recreate some of the official textures with this, but I suggest doing this only for custom blanks since they may not turn out perfectly. Maybe you could do something similar to Sun & Moon where every Type shares the same base texture? EDIT: I did the latter here!

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Beta-Inspired Classic Template is live!

http://fav.me/dd3y62t

I was trying to figure out why the Colorless Energy symbols were arranged in a T-shape, until I realised that they're just placeholders for the Weakness and Resistance. xD

We've already some beta-inspired blanks of yours in the OP (these ones)! Are these new ones much different? Are they new blanks more of a revamped version of the previous ones, or are they completely new?

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I was trying to figure out why the Colorless Energy symbols were arranged in a T-shape, until I realised that they're just placeholders for the Weakness and Resistance. xD

We've already some beta-inspired blanks of yours in the OP (these ones)! Are these new ones much different? Are they new blanks more of a revamped version of the previous ones, or are they completely new?
The old beta blanks were based more directly on the prototype cards. The base cloud texture was different, the cards were longer, and they were Japanese. The new ones are a re-imagining of what our classic English cards could've looked like if most of these prototype features were retained, but with dimensions, fonts, and textures closer to the end result. New ones are also print-res and include all TCG Types, not just those from the classic sets.

EDIT: Updated the template.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
@AwesomeEevee / Metagross101 has recently released some custom type blanks for the DPPt-era, so I've added them to the OP. You can also find them here: