Facebook "Destroyed" Nov 5th

Do you use Facebook?

• Yes

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • No

Votes: 34 47.2%

• Total voters
Haha! Excellent. Read this elsewhere and thought it was a hoax or a troll. Still, reading the updates of the article does kill my buzz but still. Although I do use facebook, I am not on it 24/7 I use it to talk to friends who don't have skype or MSN, or I have something important to tell them.

If this act goes through (and I hope it does) then it will literally mean NOTHING for the internet...and I mean nothing. Whiny teenagers will just whine like they do for a week, go back to myspace and the guy who created facebook will sit on his riches. Anonymous are doing a favour, they actually are helping other people.

I never thought I would say this but I support anonymous on this occasion. I want all these ffffffflanels to shut up about facebook and get on with their lifes. Nov 5th will become my most awaited day of the year, better than christmas.

Who puts their information on the internet? Postcode and address? Are people idiots or what? Why would you want to put your address and privacy details on FACEBOOK. It's not that important. Only those idiotic enough to put there private details on facebook (jesus christ) are going to get hit hard by this.

Although if it doesn't go through I will go back into my hidey whole and hate everyone forever.

LegosLock said:
Pfft, i hope they do it.

Facebook is getting so old and boring.
Why the hate on a mere website? Once Facebook is "old and boring," then it will just be like Myspace: a has-been. Anon. no doubt has brillant hackers that could possibly break through Facebook and screw with the servers. There's little point in anyone to talk about it, except for the facebook staff that might want to consider their security vulnerabilities. That's all to it. The hype/hate over Facebook is ridiculous.

I really, really, really hope it happens. (Friends have been bugging me ever since I was 12 to get a Facebook. I was too young then anyway.)

Ah yes the "destroy it because I never use it anyways" theory. Isn't that why public transit is so underfunded?

For every two people who don't really care about facebook there is at least one person who has benefited from it in some way. Would I still be friends with people from my old neighborhood without facebook? Definitely not.

Sure if facebook were to go down nobody would really care. I know I wouldn't really care, I'd just lose contact with some friends. But still taking down something like facebook would only cause people to go somewhere else, and once that site gets enough traffic they are going to start exploiting your information as well. Just keep facebook so I don't have to waste my time making another account on some random site just so I can talk to a friend from Turkey.

Did most or anyone read the the clickable update 2 thing on the article? It's not exactly Anonymous, well, not all of them but a few.

Facebook "Destroyed" people's real lives /stopsmakingfunoftitleinlongsentencewithnospaces

Unlikely. People vow these things all the time.

Honestly, I could care less if Facebook is destroyed by now. I was on it most of the time when I first got one, but 2-3 months later, I just kinda had it there and hardly use it. Now, i just check it usually when people message me but I'm pretty reliant on my phone now for the most part. However, to the people that say that people have become obsessed, you shouldn't really care anyway. Unless they're your parents or friends that are on it 24/7 (exaggeration obviously) and are just forgetting that life exists or neglecting people and important things, you shouldn't really care as it doesn't affect you. I pretty much agree with everything DawnOfXatu already posted. If they destroy Facebook, someone will create a new site or possibly flock to Twitter.

I really hope they don't destroy Facebook. It's the only way I can keep in touch with my best friend. But given the fact that they are like pro-hackers, there's a high chance that the hackers can pull it off. But why Facebook? Why not Twitter(no offense to those who use it)? Regardless, of what they said, we won't be able to tell if it's true or a scam. So when November 5th rolls around we can see what happens.

I heard about this not too long ago, the hackers known as "Anonymous" who also released a book about President Obama are probably working with WikiLeaks and Julian Assange. If they are working together then that wouldn't surprise me too much considering what happened not too long ago with WikiLeaks spoiling classified information about the
U.S. Government and all.

Facebook was part of the reason why the Arab Spring started in Tunisia and Egypt this year and helped for democracy in that region of the Middle East. It also helped with us checking up on Japanese people who may have been effected by the Earthquake/Tsunami disaster in Japan last March. Unless If someone can give me a good reason to shutdown Facebook other than being a non-private website to chat on, then I still think it has its uses.

reshiram36 said:
Oh great Anonymous.....I hate these guys, they love to make other peoples lives miserable

But it is pretty awesome, how amazing someone's power can be just because they can't be caught.

Guys, I think Operation Facebook has started... I can't log in to Facebook to post that one video to see how many people freak out lol

Hatman said:
But it is pretty awesome, how amazing someone's power can be just because they can't be caught.

Guys, I think Operation Facebook has started... I can't log in to Facebook to post that one video to see how many people freak out lol

Maybe because Facebook has blocked it?

But what video are you talking about?

I think it's going to happen. The reason being is Anonymous is made up of thousands and thousands of hacktivists. Most of them have no lives and really excel at hacking, but of course there's ones who pledge to be an Anon but don't know anything. Anyways, they have many elite hackers and I'm sure they could do this. They've brought down many government sites, took down PSN, sites such as Amazon (not sure, could have been Newegg or something along the sorts), along with many many others. Facebook overall is a pretty secure site, but if they just DDoS it then it will most likely be down for quite a while due to the amount of hackers all DDoS'ing, and many of them have botnets I'm sure. Anyways, I definitely think this is a plausible thing for them. Facebook will probably come back up though, so I don't think they will completely destroy it. They can't if they don't have access to offline servers, but it could take a long time to restore all the information considering there's over 700 million users.

Actually, it appears only a few members of Anonymous are involved with this plot to take down Facebook. The leaders of the group have denied having anything to do with this operation.

Facebook probily fix it after a few days
@Hackers do it when they got the hackers cup where you can win $$$$

Let's All Sign Up For Google+ now

Back