Facebook "Destroyed" Nov 5th

Do you use Facebook?

• Yes

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • No

Votes: 34 47.2%

• Total voters
I wouldn't put anything past Anonymous. I bet it is going to happen. After reading what they said, I kinda of agree on their views. Of course, I am not on Facebook, people who care might feel differently.

Here is the actual video.

I don't know if their info about Facebook using private info is true, but I doubt they will be able to shut Facebook down. I understand they are an advanced group, capable of hacking and being undetected by the best software or whatever, but I'm pretty sure that Facebook is backed up multiple times in multiple physical locations. It won't be down for long if they do succeed.

I think they're pathetic, and just trying to whip up some buzz and conspiracy and some attention. The fifth of November? How cheesy could they be?

This is interesting. As an advance hacking group, known for doing very big things in the past, this is obviously an issue. They also seem a little confident, maybe to confident, so it'll be interesting to see what will happen, and how this will end up.

I'm actually pretty excited for Nov. 5th, I really want to see if they can pull it off. I also am in total agreement with Vulpix Yolk, these guys are an incredibly advanced hacking group so I wouldn't doubt that they could destroy FB. They have attacked the Pentagon,News Corp, HBGary Federal, etc and were even able to hack into the once thought impenetrable fortress we know as Sony, so I think these guys could definitely pull this off.

I have a Facebook, and I am well aware that I forfeited a piece of my privacy in order to be able to communicate more effectively with my friends. They say that they are doing us a favor because Facebook is selling information to various government agencies, to which I have to say, who cares? Facebook has my name, my age, and they are well aware of what I "like" and what I do with my time, however I can guarantee that nobody really benefits from knowing any of that information other than some ad agencies (and I'd rather get hit with some smart ads instead of having useless ads thrown in my face). I do not like that the government has access to more information about me, but if they are already reading my emails then what does a little bit more info do?

I do agree that Facebook should address some of their privacy issues, but in the end taking down a website that does little more than help me connect with my future college roommate and let me talk to my grandma without having to pick up the phone isn't going to accomplish much. Oh and Anonymous is creating their own social networking site? So you mean I can give my email address and password directly to the hackers and save them the time of actually having to look for it? No thanks.

If they really wanted to take out facebook they would not have given them a few months warning to back it all up or update security.

Bwaaaa

If you ready Facebook's privacy info, its pretty straightforward.

They have all of the info you give them, and all of the info others may give them.
They also know what you like according to what you 'like' and what stuff you post about. (That's why ads always pertain to you in some way.)

bwaaaa said:
If they really wanted to take out facebook they would not have given them a few months warning to back it all up or update security.

Bwaaaa

What if they want a challenge lol. But seriously they don't need to "destroy" it. That's just messed up. It's other peoples deciscion if they want to be stalked give they're info.

I agree with the person who said Facebook is getting old and boring. Plus, Facebook doesn't have its users' privacy and security as its top priority. I, for one, will be interested in seeing if these hackers can pull this one off.

Now. Anonymous is obviously a very experienced group, capable of pulling off some incredible things. That said, Facebook is really the face (lol) of the internet right now, and I doubt that Zuckerburg and the rest of the folks over there are stupid enough to sit idly by and let it happen.
Also, unless you have some really, really important stuff on Facebook, it's not that big a deal. Nonetheless, I will probably temporarily disable my account because I don't want to go through the trouble of making a new one should it get hacked.
Anonymous is good, and at the least Facebook will be having a lot of trouble defending against the attack (it will probably run really, really, slow), but I don't think that an internet superpower like Facebook will be down for long.

I can't say I disagree wholeheartedly with their views regarding Facebook. I mean, people rely on it way too much. However, I'm not sure hacking it is the right way to go about it -- I'm curious to see what will happen, because I'm sure Facebook is backed up multiple times on multiple servers. If it goes down, I doubt it'll be down for long.

CMP said:
I can't say I disagree wholeheartedly with their views regarding Facebook. I mean, people rely on it way too much.

I agree with this. This is the main reason I hate Facebook as people are so obsessed with it, they couldn't even go any amount of time without logging in.

I hope they do get rid of it :D

I heard about this, this morning...interesting. I never had or will have a Facebook account. Facebook gets on my nerves for no reason...and people that obsess over it bug me more. Would be awesome if they got rid of it :p

...I agree with everyone else. Lolz my sisters have an obsession (Not a big or small one)
But seriously, my ex-friend made me a Facebook account, but I deleted it instantly. Erm, it´s actually boring, and I also agree that people rely on it too much.

(I´m not sure if I should show the article to my sisters :p)

LegosLock said:
Pfft, i hope they do it.

Facebook is getting so old and boring.

^^^. But seriously, I don't think our privacy is endangered. They don't do it to steal private stuff apparently.

Back