Facebook "Destroyed" Nov 5th

Do you use Facebook?

• Yes

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • No

Votes: 34 47.2%

• Total voters
I'm kind of all for it. Mostly because I'm bitter about the "friends" I've been stuck with but yea I am kind of sick of everyone... I mean this is my experience, some might have had more positive experiences. For me, it went from a way to communicate with your friends online to a way to see how whiny and how much your friends really care about you, and how your impression of them has suddenly shifted because of their need to constantly use facebook for things.

1) Some people update statuses constantly about stupid things and it's really annoying. "Arghhh.... sleep where are you... heading to work soon for 8 hours... and straight to bed" 30 minutes later "so tired waiting for the train..." 2 hours later "gonna pass out... customers are annoying,,," It goes on till he finally goes home and then updates about watching televsion and eating something... I just want to type stfu so badly. You get people who either complain about their day or how excited they are, I mean... who cares? Unless you're meeting someone famous or going to see a new movie to tell us if it sucked or not, it's not very amusing.

2) The like button... Many examples of this can be made... it just shows how poorly some people communicate on facebook... you want to create a conversation or you have a question for them but they only answer with a like...

You post your status as "Hey I need some help getting some credit card apps at my job so if you think you want to apply for one, come on down!"
They hit the like button. What's to like?!

You ask someone a question such as "hey how much do you make at Trader Joe's?" He hits the like button, not answering you. Wha?

You post sad news. "My Aunt Clara passed away from lung cancer, we're all very sorry she had to suffer so much." Joyce Kinney Likes This. I had something similar, it was actually about me catching a fever and losing my cat. Thanks guys, it's a... not really something to like you know...

There was even one time when I was accusing this girl who was supposed to be a famous Japan singer as an imposter and she liked the comment! But then told me that her band members were mad at me, and how glad she was that her fans were there to "defend" her. All I said was "Are you sure you're really Aimi?" Not really an attack just testing the waters, really...

Then you got those people who write specific message to draw attention and likes... such as... "new pictures!!! sexy?!!?!" or "I don't think I'm that pretty in this one..." or the most recent ones... the people who pretend to be sad about 9/11... if you really cared, you would try to contribute in some way, unless you're a kid which then is understandable... but some kids are pretty extraordinary and find some way to contribute and not clutter their facebook about it.

And last of all... you got interaction... They're nicer in person, and they're fun to work with but online communicating with them is rather frustrating and can bruise your self esteem... you see someone post something about how stressed out they are. You try to reach and cheer them up a little. They don't answer. You ask questions that take like a 10 second answer, but you get none. You post a controversial video to see how they react, you don't get one. You see a conversation going on and you try to spice up but it gets dead. Oop looks like you just killed it! And for some reason when you're talking to people you're always the last one... even when your last comment still has an unanswered question, it's ignored. And... eventually you start doing this to other people creating the cycle again as you will get that one person who's always trying to talk to you but you really don't want to.

So yea... I'd like to see if Facebook can be brought down. I wanna see how all of them cry about it on my Twitter!

Back