XY Evolution ideas for what we've seen so far?

Ghost King said:
Like I said in another thread... All new eevee evo. Second pair is strong against the first
• espeon is weak against umbreon
•leafeon is weak against Glaceon
•so syleveon is fairy, that most likely means poison eevee or steel eevee( if rumors are true)

Or we could get a dragon type eeveelution.

I don't want another eeveelution. I feel that whole evolution line has been dragged out too far.

jdivinity said:
I don't want another eeveelution. I feel that whole evolution line has been dragged out too far.

I kinda feel the same way; Eevee should get another one to go with Sylveon this gen.
However, next generation (or whenever it is they make more evolutions to old Pokemon), they round Eevee out by making it's natural, untampered Normal evolution.
I've always thought the Normal one should come last, and by itself, rather than with a Fairy Eeveelution.

DrEspeon said:
P.DelSlayer said:
That is a good point, but I'm actually starting to wonder if the one-strong-against-the-other thing was merely a coincidence... In a sense.
Since Psychic was the best choice to represent the sun, Umbreon (who's Dark type was easily the best choice for the moon), would naturally have the advantage.
With Leaf+Glaceon, these 2 seemed to be rounding out the more elemental types. It was merely a coincidence that there hadn't been a Grass or Ice Eevee yet.

So we could actually see any type to go with Sylveon (altho I would love a disturbingly-appearanced Poison Eevee to contrast Sylvie's overly cute pink appearance).

Actually, I believe that Leafeon and Glaceon were representing Winter vs Summer.

I've noticed Eevee evos in games are used to show off a game feature. I knew it was stones with the first two, day/night + happiness with the second two, but I couldn't figure out what it was exactly with the last two. Seasons was a big deal, so that makes sense!

Lex said:
DrEspeon said:
Actually, I believe that Leafeon and Glaceon were representing Winter vs Summer.

I've noticed Eevee evos in games are used to show off a game feature. I knew it was stones with the first two, day/night + happiness with the second two, but I couldn't figure out what it was exactly with the last two. Seasons was a big deal, so that makes sense!

But they were introduced in gen IV, seasons came in gen V. It would be great if they could remove the moss and icy stones and make eevee evolve when it levels up in winter and summer ( a completely new and better form of evolution).

Continuing with the Eeveelution speculation, I think it's likely that we could see another Eeveelution. Why? Well, we were introduced Sylveon because it was bringing in the new Fairy-type. That's why we weren't shown the second Eeveelution. It's obviously not for sure, but you never know. I think, due to the fact that we are having the whole Creation/Destruction thing, that a Poison-type is most likely. And we don't have a lot of cute Poison-types. We're due for one. And I guess I'm in the minority when I say I want all the Eeveelutions to be cute :p

AdamLambert said:
Continuing with the Eeveelution speculation, I think it's likely that we could see another Eeveelution. Why? Well, we were introduced Sylveon because it was bringing in the new Fairy-type. That's why we weren't shown the second Eeveelution. It's obviously not for sure, but you never know. I think, due to the fact that we are having the whole Creation/Destruction thing, that a Poison-type is most likely. And we don't have a lot of cute Poison-types. We're due for one. And I guess I'm in the minority when I say I want all the Eeveelutions to be cute :p

This. This logic is so much better than "they have to be SE on each other drakeon confirmed"
I'd like a poison eevee as well (toxeon?) Idk why it's just the one I'd most like to see.

P.DelSlayer said:
Ghost King said:
Like I said in another thread... All new eevee evo. Second pair is strong against the first
• espeon is weak against umbreon
•leafeon is weak against Glaceon
•so syleveon is fairy, that most likely means poison eevee or steel eevee( if rumors are true)

That is a good point, but I'm actually starting to wonder if the one-strong-against-the-other thing was merely a coincidence... In a sense.
Since Psychic was the best choice to represent the sun, Umbreon (who's Dark type was easily the best choice for the moon), would naturally have the advantage.
With Leaf+Glaceon, these 2 seemed to be rounding out the more elemental types. It was merely a coincidence that there hadn't been a Grass or Ice Eevee yet.

So we could actually see any type to go with Sylveon (altho I would love a disturbingly-appearanced Poison Eevee to contrast Sylvie's overly cute pink appearance).

Secretly you said it yourself. Sylveon with it's cute design could be overshadowed by a mad Poisontype Eevelution.
Psiana with the theme of the sun and Umbron with the theme of the moon are another example. You can say Sylveon with it's helpful type (Fairytype) is contradicting with the destructive Poisontype Eevelution ( let's name it Toxeon :p ) or with another destructive Pokemontype the Dragontype ( let's name it Drageon haha :D )

Hmm....

Espeon vs umbreon. This may mean light vs night.

Leafeon vs Glaceon. This may mean Summer vs winter

Sylveon vs ???. Maybe the good vs the bad or something?

"eeveelutions are weak to each other"-argument doesn't mean a thing.

Pick two types. Chances are one of them will be weak to the other (especially if thy are similar kind of elements).

Type match-ups have NO relevance in gamefreak picking types for new eeveelutions, I assure you. Everything else is more relevant.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Hmm....

Espeon vs umbreon. This may mean light vs night.

Leafeon vs Glaceon. This may mean Summer vs winter

Sylveon vs ???. Maybe the good vs the bad or something?

In that case they'd have to be a trio... you are missing the ugly.

I think poison is the most doable eevee right now. It's reasoning is simple: he has unstable DNA which can easily be harmed and permanently altered by toxins. Maybe the pollution of the city air, trash everywhere, and dirty water has caused eevee to become the pollution itself in order to survive. The design would have purple and green colors, but his appearance is up to imagination. He could go in the direction of muk and become slime. Or he could travel down the same road as koffing and be gaseous. I personally think a living toxic cloud eevee would be the coolest yet. Maybe have some solid elements in his feet and head but body and tail be dangerous toxic gas that could kill if inhaled. Maybe he lived near a power plant (going of the city theme i mentioned).

Ohman177 said:
I think poison is the most doable eevee right now. It's reasoning is simple: he has unstable DNA which can easily be harmed and permanently altered by toxins. Maybe the pollution of the city air, trash everywhere, and dirty water has caused eevee to become the pollution itself in order to survive. The design would have purple and green colors, but his appearance is up to imagination. He could go in the direction of muk and become slime. Or he could travel down the same road as koffing and be gaseous. I personally think a living toxic cloud eevee would be the coolest yet. Maybe have some solid elements in his feet and head but body and tail be dangerous toxic gas that could kill if inhaled. Maybe he lived near a power plant (going of the city theme i mentioned).

I think a Poisontype Eevelution fits in perfectly because Kalos theme is beauty and what could be the best opposite to beauty be? Right a deadly Pokemon which evolves in a Region where "everywhere" should be beauty. :D

Eh. If GF had made another Eeveelution this generation, they would have revealed it alongside Sylveon and just kept the types of both secret, just like they did with Xerneas and Yveltal. A surprise twist Eeveelution isn't going to happen.

DorianBlack said:
Eh. If GF had made another Eeveelution this generation, they would have revealed it alongside Sylveon and just kept the types of both secret, just like they did with Xerneas and Yveltal. A surprise twist Eeveelution isn't going to happen.

If GF is so predictable like you suggest , why do we always and in every generation got/get surprised with new mechanics, new pokemon ,new things? :D

kayko said:
Ohman177 said:

I think a Poisontype Eevelution fits in perfectly because Kalos theme is beauty and what could be the best opposite to beauty be? Right a deadly Pokemon which evolves in a Region where "everywhere" should be beauty. :D

It could be like the hidden uglyness. For a city to be so beautiful, it has to have a dark, dirty side. Maybe hidden. Cause nothing's perfect so maybe they just pretend to be but really have all types of pollution.

It seems like so many threads here have descended into Eeveelution speculation threads. Oh well :p

I really hope Skrelp keeps going with it's seadragon theme, and turns into something like this:
http://www.animalspot.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Leafy-Seadragon-Images.jpg

A gigantic poison sea dragon that either sticks with the Water/Poison typing or becomes Dragon/Poison. Now THAT is something I'd like on my team!

Tatertot said:
It seems like so many threads here have descended into Eeveelution speculation threads. Oh well :p

I really hope Skrelp keeps going with it's seadragon theme, and turns into something like this:

A gigantic poison sea dragon that either sticks with the Water/Poison typing or becomes Dragon/Poison. Now THAT is something I'd like on my team!

That is the thing that Skrelp really should become.
It could keep the color scheme, and then have rotting kelp on its body.

I can see it keeping Poison/Water, but at the same time Poison/Dragon would be a nice change.
A type that isn't /Water would be different. I really want more non-water aquatic Pokemon.
(I wouldn't complain if it was Poison/Water tho)

(but then there would be the whiners who complain that we already have Kingdra as a Dragon type sea dragon but they can shut up)

[private] Removed "bitchy" from "bitchy whiners" because another mod removed it from the post below and PMed but not here *Drohn [/private]

P.DelSlayer said:
Tatertot said:

That is the thing that Skrelp really should become.
It could keep the color scheme, and then have rotting kelp on its body.

I can see it keeping Poison/Water, but at the same time Poison/Dragon would be a nice change.
A type that isn't /Water would be different. I really want more non-water aquatic Pokemon.
(I wouldn't complain if it was Poison/Water tho)

(but then there would be the bitchy whiners who complain that we already have Kingdra as a Dragon type sea dragon but they can shut up)

Kingdra and this Skrelp evo would be completely different species of seahorse, with completely different design bases. So hopefully the whiners will be shut up with that. Or, else we'll get into the whole "WE NEED MOAR ORIGINAL DEZIGNS NOW" argument again...

[private]Deleted the word 'bitchy'. PM'ing[/private]

Back