'Emerald Break' Beginning to Leak! [3/11]

Water Pokémon Master said:
Okay, everything is up now! Both the set and its deck's cards. Let us know if you find any errors, there's probably a few.
I think Wide Angle Lens is a Pokemon Tool, not just an item. It's got that box similar to the Spirit Links.

Wow, I'm digging the Gallade and M-Gallade.
Thundurus-EX FA - 10/10 I love it!
Gallade EX FA - 7.9/10
M Gallade EX FA 8/10 A bit too much going on
Latios-EX FA - 6.5/10 I don't like how the back is towards us.
M Latios EX FA - 10/10 BEST MEGA FULL ART
Hydregoin EX FA- When I zoom in, it turns into M Latios
Rayquaza EX FA-9/10 Looks pretty badass
M Rayquaza EX FA- "EMERALD BREAK" Covers most of the card, which I don't like.
Shaymin EX FA- 11/10 OMG ITS SO DIFFERENT SO AWESOME
Winona FA- Sexy asf
Wally FA- Should I say his card looks "sick"... ah...haha... Too soon?
Both shinnies are good choices.

Eh, not really hyped up for this set. The artwork is okay, some are really impressive but most of them are pretty much what we've already seen in recent sets. What does bug me though is the recycled Pokemon EX... Sure Thundurus normal form hasn't been used before but I mean... he already got a normal full art and a Therian EX full art... but that artwork was weird while this is an improvement. Plus now those who have Tornadus EX now have a normal Thundurus EX. So while that does bug me a bit he does have a kind of a purpose.

Shaymin? It's not a new form and the art is actually weaker than the Next Destinies version. Could have been Suicune, or if they wanted a Colorless EX, could have been Lugia, Salamence, Arceus, Braviary, Swellow (but got an Ancient Trait instead), Pidgeot, eh pretty much any one of those could have been a better choice than Shaymin.

The Gallade EX looks better than the promo one, and I do like the Mega Gallade artwork both the normal and full art. I don't the Engrish mudou text on it though.

The Latios EX artwork is better than BW8's version, and the Mega looks cool.

I like Hydreigon's normal artwork but the full art looks like's flopping around, but the background art is sick.

And oh, it's Skarmory. Again. While I do like the Pokemon, I feel like he's popped up quite a bit in the XY sets. Eh, at least it's not the 3 monkeys from Unova.

The artwork for normal Rayquaza isn't great, the BW5 and the deck versions look better.

As for the full arts, the only ones I'm really excited for are

Gallade and M Gallade

Winona

Rayquaza and M Rayquaza

But yea other than a pretty disappointing set. And again, they add gold items as the secret rares, either those are really all the rage and people really want gold item cards or it's cheap and easy to do since they don't need to draw up new shiny Pokemon they can just cover an item card with texture and bling bling...

Mortal_Zachary said:
Hydregoin EX FA- When I zoom in, it turns into M Latios

Load the image in a new tab/window and hit ctrl-f5 to hard refresh the image, or ctrl-f5 the PokéBeach main page to hard refresh all the scans if you like.

This set just rocks.

That Shedinja's a nice gimmicky card that could increase it's HP (and therefore max damage output) with Floette from FF. You could also use it with Mew EX and dimension Valley. Though this also opens up the door for Mega Gengar to do up to 10500 damage with Phantom Gate.

Articuno might be the best Pokemon with Delta Plus. It's attack is actually decent and can increase it's odds of hitting better numbers with Fliptini or Trick Coin.

Voltorb is the most broken card in the set and possibly all of Pokemon. I mean, it blows up the table. How is that not OP? ;)

That Deoxys is really good, especially with Dimension Valley.

That Gliscor could be a decent spreader as it's attack cost is just one colorless.

Absol is brings back Sinister Hand. Easier to use, but not as broken. We'll have to see.

Salamance has 3 attacks. Too bad only 1 of them is any good. (though maybe Double Dragon Energy could improve it).

That Unfezant (not the ancient trait one) might be the first decent Unfezant card. Though I wonder if turbulence applies to all cards attached to all Pokemon or just the active.

Good to see Revive is back. Should be fun to try out with Wally in format.

As for the EXes

Thundurus is average at best. Neither attack stands out as being particularly good or useful, but they aren't terrible either.

Gallade is unique. It maxes out at 170 and will always hit for at least 70. 3 Psychic energy is a hefty cost, but I guess you could always mega evolve, mega turbo, and then use Memory Shrine or Celebi EX to use the basic's attack. Though Mega Gallade's attack is nothing to scoff at either (possible combo with Forrettress?).

Latias: Ugh. This is not going to be good for evolution decks which rely on weak basics. Not sure what to think about the Mega.

Hydreigon: This could be part of an energy acceleration engine with Reshiram. Just use Reshiram's power to get an additional energy in play and then use double dragon energy. With a stadium in play, and Hydreigon benched, Reshiram can retreat into what ever you want to attack with. Most Dragon Pokemon (including Hydreigon itself) have attacks which require 2 different types of energy and a colorless. The fire can provide the colorless while double dragon takes care of the complicated part.

Rayquaza: Nice to see a splashable fighting resistant Pokemon. Rising burn alone might make this worth a spot. The mega is just broken with Skyfield. Wouldn't be surprised if it becomes BDIF.

Shaymin is another game changer. Actually much better than Jirachi. You can use the ability and still play your draw supporter. And the attack is actually useful.

Final verdict: Cool set. A lot of fun strategies are opened up with this.

I am actually really excited for some Ninjask sillyness from this set.

You could run Exeggutor / Ninjask which would be hilarious. You lock down supporters because of Exeggutor so they can't use trump card. Then you just continually use Exeggcute's propogation ability to bring it back so you just continually mill your opponent down with the help of Ninjask. While it won't be super competitive it will definitely be hilarious and fun!

I kind of figured this set would be a waste with so many remade ex's. Overall the only cards I really like are Full Art Winona, Full Art Gallade and some of the commons/uncommons. But the artwork overall is kind of boring.

I already have Rayquaza, Shaymin, Thundurus, Latios from previous sets, at least with Primal Clash I didn't have Groudon or Kyorge and Dark Explorers is hard to find, I can find Next Destinies and Dragons Exalted at my local Walmart.

It probably isn't worth the money collecting this set with so many filler ex's. Kind of a wasted opportunity to not feature new Pokemon as Ex's.

Also what the heck is a Mudou Blade, sounds like it's the worst attack name ever on an ex card to me. At least on the English cards the large text will be in Japanese.

I don't know why some are so upset about this set hahaha i honestly think this set and primal clash have been a step up from some previous sets!! I mean ,finally got our mega full arts , they are throwing in more ultra rares every set , the pull rates are getting insane and if you ask me , it's okay to remake some old ex's in light of the new megas.

I actually prefer alternate artworks of rayquaza and thundurous! ( although the DRX rayquaza ex full art has better art work IMO because this one just looks weird hahaha but still sick!!) Ecspecially thundurous though because it was a team plasma full art last time we got him so im glad to get a normal version of him!!

I would like a remake of lugia ex to because the team plasma one wasn't that great artwork wise.
From a hardcore collectors standpoint i can't ignore the awesomeness that has been in the last two sets lol and from a guy who has to have every ex full art ever made
Hahaha thats why i just ordered 5 boxes of emerald break! !!

That mega rayquaza full art i must have!!!!

MasterGallade said:
aw really only Winona? how underwhelming :C
I'm pretty sure the next set is focused on Hoopa and I don't think Zinnia would be relevant in there so I guess we're just not getting her which is really disappointing ;_;

Unless Mega Salamence was in the set, then they would maybe have a reason, it may annoy people though if there were 2 sets in a row, with a total of 3 dragon mega evolutions. But meh, I wouldn't mind :p

Also, anyone else think they should've replaced Thundurus with something like Luxray and Shaymin with maybe with Swanna or Togekiss (especially if it wasn't in the set).

Thinking M Gallade + Crobat could be interesting next format. Could be interesting with Absol too if Absol moves one damage counter at a time as opposed to groups of three. It could be a nice Landorus-EX replacement as it's likely rotating out come next season.

Best card in the set is undeniably Shaymin-EX and it's going to change how the game is going to be played. With it, more decks will be able to use search supporters (Winona, Wally, etc.), other support supporters (Lysandre, Trump Card, AZ, Xerosic, etc.) as opposed to draw supporters (Sycamore, Shauna, Birch, etc.). Could make VS Seeker engines really interesting too as the opportunity cost of using a non-draw supporter is going to decrease with Shaymin. I won't be surprised to see it as a 3-4 of staple in most decks.

Fixed errors / minor errors / typos on Ninjask, Talonflame, Shuppet, Banette, Gligar, Togekiss, Skarmory, Ray-EX, and M Ray-EX.

Lots of cool ideas to emerge from this set. Lots of love to Stage 2 and Megas!

Gold VS Seeker and Energy Switch hype!

I love the art in this set. It's great that they went for an ex-set style on some of the cards' art, makes me feel kinda nostalgic :p

But that Thundurus... it kinda scares me.

Energy Switch looks great. The Lightning energy make it look like gold energy too. Protection Cube+Thundurus EX could be good too.

Exeggcutor's first attack is kind of nice, just due to this sets extensive amount of them.

Interestingly I believe this is our first grass Dustox since the DP era.

Again would it have killed them to make Nincada a ground type? I mean it already has a colorless attack.

Out of six XY sets three if them have had Talonflame lines, so again would it have killed them to make this line colorless?

I'm glad Thundurus EX is regular forme instead of therian. Makes up for Tornadus EX. Now bring us Suicune EX.

Deoxys is rather cool.

I would have preferred a fighting Gallade EX. We already got a promo psychic one. This one is more useful I think.

I kind of like the regular Dragonite in this set.

I hope Zekrom is holo personally.

I thick with Spearow and Fearow in this set we'all see the ancient trait Fearow in Roaring Skies.

I personally suspect Latias/M. Latias will be in XY7.

Shedinja with transient cry + floette flower veil could be interesting. Maybe even run the new sky stadium. (forgot the actual name) think about it. If you some how manage to get all four floette out, you'll need to run 4 evosoda and 4 wally to have a chance of course, but if you did that makes a 110 non-ex shedinja. With transient cry doing 50x each damage counter it could potentially do 500 damage for one energy!!! Its a lot to get out, I know but it could be fun.

Reckshalent said:
Shedinja with transient cry + floette flower veil could be interesting. Maybe even run the new sky stadium. (forgot the actual name) think about it. If you some how manage to get all four floette out, you'll need to run 4 evosoda and 4 wally to have a chance of course, but if you did that makes a 110 non-ex shedinja. With transient cry doing 50x each damage counter it could potentially do 500 damage for one energy!!! Its a lot to get out, I know but it could be fun.

*slaps down silent lab*

Correction ~ I guess i should know the card before I use it? Lol. Still, I'd love to use Garbodor for countering it.

Problem they have got themselves into and the reason IMO why we don't see many pokemons getting the ground/fighting/Rock typing now is the support is too powerful for them.
Like in the past when darkness energy existed all dark pokemon were slightly weaker to make up for it. I fell now the same is happening and for good reason to fighting types.

Back