'Emerald Break' Beginning to Leak! [3/11]

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Okay, everything is up now! Both the set and its deck's cards. Let us know if you find any errors, there's probably a few.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Hmmmmm
I really hope there are going to be some more stadiums and Pokemon tools. And item reprints. Definitely another one of them.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Okay, Hydreigon EX FA is sweet, too. That one wasn't showing right before, but it's awesome.

starocean01

Aspiring Trainer
oh wow i really like the jirachi in this set...
cant wait for eng release so i can build mega ray.deck~

thanks for the quick scans!!

sainsaw

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for the scans and translations.

Small error I see in the energy cost of Bagon and Shelgon, list [F] instead of [R].

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, there are more cards I want in this set than I thought...wait a minute, why would they print an awesome milling card like Ninjask when Lysandre's Trump Card exists? Do they want to torture me? I JUST WANT TO MAKE A MILL DECK.

DevinTheWelf

A Mach Punch User
This set doesn't bring a lot to the metagame besides making Circle Circuit more playable with that new stadium (I could see it in its own deck). Besides that the set is probably the worse XY yet. The number of trainers and their useability is pathetic. I think the card that I like the most in this set is the Plus Articuno.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, we got like no Colorless support beyond Winona. (And Altaria. Pfft.) I'm disappointed. Most of the Colorless stuff, despite being a focus of this set, isn't even very good.

The Ancient Trait Pokemon in this set have a lot less variance than Primal Clash's. Why are both Dustox Grass? And why isn't one of the Unfezants female?

Overall, this is a fairly disappointing set that had a ton of potential. The only one I think has potential (if the translation is accurate) is regular Unfezant. For the brief period where we still have Mew-EX, this will be neat, A bit slow after that, though. The only cards I even looked at twice are Beautifly (which is still rather bad), Ancient Trait Dustox (eh, probably not good enough), Articuno (probably not quite good enough), Natu (not good, but I am looking SO forward to this knocking something out at some point), regular Banette (I'm glad this exists, but it's probably not worth using yet), Deoxys (this is promising, and I'm looking forward to more similar cards in future), Togekiss (could be decent I guess, we'll see, I'm not convinced it's better than Milotic, though), Rayquaza/M Rayquaza (obligatory gimmicky cards that will see a little play but won't do that much), Double Dragon Energy, and the trainers. (Which there aren't a lot of.) I'm glad Revive's back, but it coming back was obvious and not too important, and Trainer's Post, Skyfield and Wally (especially Wally) are probably the only terribly relevant trainers. Wide Lens is neat and all, but it likely won't matter. Still glad we have it, though.

Blui

lv85 paladin
Rayquaza/M Rayquaza (obligatory gimmicky cards that will see a little play but won't do that much)

What makes you think that Ray is gimmicky and only see a little bit of play? It has everything going for it, acceleration, Spirit Link, strong attacks, amazing Stadium, ability to remove weakness, Delta Evolution, etc. It's just a crazy card, the ability to hit as hard as it can as quickly as it can is frightening, I can only think of a few cards that puts it in its place.

On a side note, Reshiram still amazes me. Such potential right there, being able to drop 4 Energy on a Dragon turn 1 for little cost is amazing.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Mega Rayquaza takes a LOT of work to set up, and is far, FAR too reliant on the Stadium Card. (Without Ninetales, you will lose Pokemon faster than you can realistically expect to replace them. Every deck in existence runs Stadiums now.) Winona and Mega Turbo help Mega Rayquaza immensely, but you still need a total of 10 cards to one-shot EX's. Also, being able to attack turn 1 isn't that useful when it takes 3 energy and will probably be capping out at like 90 damage or something turn 1. (Which isn't bad, but isn't a huge selling point, and things like Seismitoad slow that way down.) Like I said, I see Rayquaza as one of those gimmicks that will see limited success. It's just not going to be at the top. Not even close.

Reshiram... I'll admit I didn't give quite enough credit. But with Float Stone going out of format in the near future, it's not going to be nearly as good.

On another note, I forgot to mention how great Exeggutor is. (Not from a playability standpoint, in that regard it is rather bad, and will likely not see any real play unless I'm horribly wrong about Rayquaza. Though even then, I'd imagine a lot of their bench sitters won't be Colorless.) Its art is amazing, and its anti-bird attack is neat. Overall a brilliant idea.

Hexogen

Merc W140
im disapointed too... I hope that we get the other 2 Rays in our sets though. Winona FA is just gorgeous and Vs Seeker gold.. finally! I just want professors letter and the mailbox in gold too!! :'DD

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Another Fletchling line?! We've had 4 now, and I'd like to see some other Kalosian Pokemon please.

Also Skarmory is missing its top attack name and regular Togekiss' Aura Sphere Attack says [F][C] instead of [Y][Y][C]