XY Do You Care to Complete the Pokédex?

Krusiv said:
I do now that I've gotten back into Pokemon. I didn't really care about it before. The only dex I completed was the first on Blue back in the day. I almost have my X Pokedex completed; just need a handful of legendaries at this point.

If you just need a few legends type them in on the GTS after your scroll down to the bottom of the list. You can also request not seen Pokemon as well. Look for a thing at the bottom of the list that says What Pokemon? Tap that and then you can type the names of your missing Pokemon to complete your dex that way.:) As for as caring goes you get a better trainer card if you do it too.:)

xxashxx said:
Krusiv said:
I do now that I've gotten back into Pokemon. I didn't really care about it before. The only dex I completed was the first on Blue back in the day. I almost have my X Pokedex completed; just need a handful of legendaries at this point.

If you just need a few legends type them in on the GTS after your scroll down to the bottom of the list. You can also request not seen Pokemon as well. Look for a thing at the bottom of the list that says What Pokemon? Tap that and then you can type the names of your missing Pokemon to complete your dex that way.:) As for as caring goes you get a better trainer card if you do it too.:)
Yeah I've been trading Unowns for the legendaries I need but it's a slow process. I'd rather not chain-trade my legendaries away because I want to own them all.

There is a much faster way. Trade a level 100 Pokemon you don't really use and ask for a legend. Then chain trade that legend for the Pokemon you are trading or the legends you are trying to get. Then trade that legend for another legend. Then trade that legend for another legend you need and keep doing this until your legends are done. I did it like this and I got them all in like 24 hours.:)

I wanted to complete my Living Dex when XY were announced, since I could transfer all of my Pokemon from Emerald on into XY. I kinda gave up on that, and I'm now trading off some of my Living Dex to help other people out, and I'm just trying to complete the National Dex for the Shiny Charm.

I care to see every Pokémon in the regional Pokédex's. I find it annoying when a lot non-legendaries don't get used, like how in GSC you don't see a lot of trainer-owned Johto Pokémon.
It also bugs me when you don't get to see some Pokémon without trading (again, excluding legendaries), especially if they're Pokémon you'd expect in-game trainers to use, like Ursaring and Donphan in GSC.

I know I've been using GSC as a reference, but so many Pokémon got missed out on, including all of the baby Pokémon.

I have never completed a pokedex, except maybe yellow back in the day. But I'm currently trying to go for a living dex from scratch minus legendaries. I don't have any previous games to do any transfers so this may take a while..

Guys what is a living dex? Do you mean the international dex or the national dex? Makes no sense XD.:)

Sometimes I do. I came close to completing the Pokedex in FRLG, but I was missing a few. Same with Black, but that's just a matter of transferring a few Pokemon over from 4th gen and then I'm done. I did succeed in completing the National Dex in Platinum, though.

xxashxx said:
Guys what is a living dex? Do you mean the international dex or the national dex? Makes no sense XD.:)
I was wondering what that meant too. And since there's a living dex, is there also a dead dex? XD

Seven is a Color said:
xxashxx said:
I was wondering what that meant too. And since there's a living dex, is there also a dead dex? XD

A living Dex is simply put, every single Pokémon from Bulbasaur to Zygarde kept in PC boxes (or PokéBank). It is a living catalog of every single Pokémon, capable of being transferred between games and generations, and allowing Dex entries to be effortlessly completed, as once you have a living Dex, you only ever need to capture new Pokémon once.

WHAT?? I have never heard of this before. Having 718 pokemon in your boxes? If they are all event Pokemon I am interested if they are all legit XD. If they are not event Pokemon I would reserve the space for that reason XD.:)

xxashxx said:
WHAT?? I have never heard of this before. Having 718 pokemon in your boxes? If they are all event Pokemon I am interested if they are all legit XD. If they are not event Pokemon I would reserve the space for that reason XD.:)

I do have the event Pokémon (Arceus, Mew, Celebi, etc.) And as far as I can tell/remember they are all Legit. And they barely take up 24 boxes, so about a quarter of Bank space. And sorry, I don't trade Legendaries for anything.

Eh no thanks. I have close to 2,000 events and looking for ones I don't have. Thanks anyway man. Anyhow that is a lot of space that could have been used for events. I can see it if you are not an event collector but I am serious about events so that is how I see it from my view. Thanks anyway.:)

xxashxx said:
Eh no thanks. I have close to 2,000 events and looking for ones I don't have. Thanks anyway man. Anyhow that is a lot of space that could have been used for events. I can see it if you are not an event collector but I am serious about events so that is how I see it from my view. Thanks anyway.:)

Ah, well I don't go out for events other than really rare Pokémon for the Dex. Well, to each his own, have fun with you collecting!

Completing the PokéDex was my main goal in Pokémon Y. I'm happy I could bring up the patience to actually complete it, but online trading really has made it a lot easier than it used to be (my last completed PokéDex before X/Y was back in Sapphire).

The fast way to complete your dex is clone the Pokemon on B/W before you transfer them through bank. This is much faster than trading on Wi-Fi or searching the GTS XD.:)

I really hope I can complete the Pokemon X pokedex because in two of the previous games Black and Platinum I have never been able to finish it because I couldn't get the wifi to work properly ,but with Pokemon x now I'm able to trade with others im half way to finishing the Coastal Kalos and Central Kalos pokedex.

Oh yeah you can't get on Wi-Fi in those game now. Nintendo Shut down thw Wi-Fi for all those games back on May 20th this year XD. I was able to complete all dex's on all games before they did that and my X is complete. Took about 10 weeks of trading XD.:)

I'm really close to completing mine however I just recently lost my Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection on my 3DS XL since my family got a new Internet Server so it will be awhile til I get it fixed since I was planning on trying to get the last Pokemon I need on GTS or just IV breed it like I did with Pangoro.

Edit: Got my Wi-Fi Internet Connection back on my 3DS XL so it's all good.

Back