Playthrough DNA's Choose-My-Team Run-Through of Pokémon Pearl! Finished!

RE: DNA's Choose-My-Team Run-Through of Pokémon Pearl!

I reccommend naming the Turtwig, Yggdrassi. I also recommend a Shinx named either Zeus or Thor and a Zubat named Terror.

Instead of Mismagius, I'm going to recommend you use Gengar named Cheshire, Geist, Nirvana, or something better someone else might be able to come up with. Now you can save your Dusk Stone for a Murkrow traded over named Big Boss.

>considering naming Torterra anything other than torTERROR
<3 Gengar
Most likely going to use one, then. Also, are you suggesting I use Honchkrow AND Gengar on this run-through?

...and hey, all three of those are great nickname choices for Torterra, you must admit. I'm honestly torn as for which one to pick.

I also recommend a Shinx named either Zeus or Thor and a Zubat named Terror.
Possible. Though, I've used Luxray before and it usually turns out disappointing. Crobat is rarely bad, though.

Your team so far could really use a Fire-ty-

... oh, wait, this is Diamond and Pearl.

unsheathed said:
Your team so far could really use a Fire-ty-

... oh, wait, this is Diamond and Pearl.
lolyeah. Electric types have the same problem.

Reggie McGigas said:
how about a Magneton named Sparky?
Magneton & friends are post-game. I'd have to trade one over.

How about...

Magikarp/Gyarados- Nickname= Censored (Yes, call it censored, this wasn't really censored at all.)

I happened to see you were still short quite a few, so I thought up a whole bunch of suggestions and made up names and cases for all of them to give you some good choices... but then I remembered that you only wanted 3 per person. >_______>

Since I've already suggested two, I guess I'll just pick my personal favourite out of the ones I had readyfor this post, so...

Bronzor/Bronzong: Have you ever read the legend this Pokémon was based on? Actually pretty cool. I'd read the Kwaidan book before I knew there was a story in there associated with Pokémon, only learning the connection from the "Origin of Species" article collection. Anyway, had king of an extra fondness for this guy since then, and he has a cool type combination (and new to your team). Plus, this is 4th gen, so you still only take normal damage from Dark and Ghost. Name: Mugen-kane ("Bell of Mugen") from the story.

Reshiwott said:
How about...

Magikarp/Gyarados- Nickname= Censored (Yes, call it censored, this wasn't really censored at all.)
Maybe, but I already have a Water type (Gastrodon) so I'll have to think about it. But Gastrodon is immune to Gyarados' 4x weakness, so it's a possible.

Artemis said:
Bronzor/Bronzong: Have you ever read the legend this Pokémon was based on? Actually pretty cool. I'd read the Kwaidan book before I knew there was a story in there associated with Pokémon, only learning the connection from the "Origin of Species" article collection. Anyway, had king of an extra fondness for this guy since then, and he has a cool type combination (and new to your team). Plus, this is 4th gen, so you still only take normal damage from Dark and Ghost. Name: Mugen-kane ("Bell of Mugen") from the story.
Bronzong is an old and dear friend of mine from my first run of Diamond! And this is the game where Hypnosis has 70% accuracy, so this could be doable! I shall mark it as a possible.

I have quite a few possibles at this point so I'll need to look over them now and move some of them up. I want to try and nab one with a Fire-type move, because lol D/P and Fire-types.

Edit: note to self - Someone suggest something that gets Fire Fang or Flamethrower.

For what it's worth,. Gyarados can learn Flamethrower, and he's already been suggested. (So can two of my alternate suggestions from my last post that didn't make the cut: Garchomp line and Rampardos line)

Garchomp I've done before in Platinum, but...it's Garchomp. It's kinda cheap.
And I'd suggest Rampardos too, but this is Pearl. Rampardos is a Diamond exclusive. =/

The other ones I know that I'm aware of are Steelix, Skuntank (oh wait it's another Diamond exclusive), and Hippowdon.
Now that I think about it, Hippowdon sounds pretty cool...

Ugh, I'd forgotten that Rampardos was exclusive, silly fossils. Hippowdon is a pretty cool dude, though.

Please use a Rapadash and name it Arion (male) or HOT HOT HOT (female).

Rapidash is out on account of it being completely lame.

If it's a female Hippowdon, name it Gaia (Gaea) (whichever spelling you prefer. Both are correct)

Also, if Terror doesn't work for Crobat, you could name it Thantos. (Greek god of Death)

>:0 no twisted turtwig? YOU MONSTER, FRISBIE!

Also, I expect you to obtain a Deoxys postgame and/or manage to get Claydol in the game. If you don't do either, then I cannot take you seriously as DNA anymore.
Also, a Whismur named Pumbloom.

>I have the GameStop Deoxys event in my Diamond already
>Baltoy and Claydol cannot be captured wild in D/P
>And neither can Whismur

Thus, since I'm currently going by the no trade-ins policy, I cannot fulfill any of your requests.

DNA said:
Rapidash is out on account of it being completely lame.

Fine have a lucario and a raichu and name them Luke and shocker respectively.

I shall mark both of those as possibles, though couldn't the nicknames be better?

Can I still suggest nicknames for Pokémon?

I think you should name Hippowdon Pangaea. In my opinion it fits pretty well. (the same might also work for Torterra. :3)

Back