Dialga G LV.X from Platinum (#122), 4/6/2010

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
122-dialga-g-lv.x.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
2. What popular metagame decks is it used in?
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
5. How's the artwork?

Posts MUST be several sentences long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted - this forum is to discuss specific cards so other people can learn about their potential in the current metagame.

1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
Indeed yes it is worth being played. It counters Mewtwo X. as can really mess up other pokemons strategies.

read 3.

Garchomp C. and special metals

4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
4.5 out of 5 it's very useful and can last a long time. I guess the only thing it needs to fear is blaziken FB.

5. How's the artwork?
Meh. I don't really like it.

1. Well... to start of this card is a good one from the get go since it is a
lv. x. Taking that aspect out of the way it has an "airlock" ability being a real tide turner even on the bench. Good card.

2. Well airlock decks and supporter use counters about every pokemon with poke-body.

3.Combos? A good combo could be with the Dialga DP making it an all out supporter.

{C}{C}{C} out five (i am not much of a fan)

Awesome and not so awesome, really not that good in expressing it's moves a majesty.

It's a great card to tank with and it shuts down a lot of decks with its body-trainer stadium lock. Garchomp C gave it the need claydol snipe + healing to push it ahead. I'd give it a 4.2-5 only because of its sometimes low damage output and the fact that machamp can OHKO it easily. The art work is nothing special I guess.

1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or has potential?

On its own, Dialga can be fearsome. Run cards like Poketurn and Garchomp C for healing and this card is sure to become an unstoppable force. It even takes advantage of {M} special energies, further turning it into a fearsome tank.

The one deck that is well known for using Dialga G Lv.X is Dialga/Garchomp. Like I mentioned earlier, Garchomp C is used to make Dialga G a real tank, where it heals it, and in the meantime, Dialga G takes advantage of the special metal energies. This deck's strategy made it a really big contender in Cities, as well as States, and likely into Regionals. There is also Dialga/Garchomp/Luxray, which is often referred to as Lady Gaga, that is played in a similar fashion, only you use Luxray as an attacker from time to time.

3. What comboes can you use it with? How so?

Obviously it would Garchomp C. Use Healing Breath to fully heal a heavily damage Dialga G. I would also use {M} special energies to reduce damage from attacks, and they would be attached onto Dialga G. Of course, I would also be running the usual SP support.

4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating.

I would give this Dialga a 4.5/5 in the modified. Dialga, as it seems, has become quite a contender nowadays. It was the most dominant deck in states, and then it went down temporarily because of Luxape. Then, in 2009-2010 cities era, the card has seen its revival. Taking advantage of Metal Energies and Garchomp C, Dialga G has become the greatest tank in the format thus far.

5. How's the artwork?

It looks pretty cool I must say. I kind of like the glowing diamond from Dialga that is sticking out, adding a 3-D effect. I even like the look on Dialga's face too. This is quite a nifty artwork I must say.

I guess it's Ok...
It can deal a blow to the enemy by shutting down all pokebodies and that can certainly Give them a taste.

removal lost Is especially good, because it can get rid of your opponent's energy cards- for good

I 'unno. Ask a tcg rocket scientist. I bet they'll know.

Well, a great combo would be to use that, and then palkia G, It can use it's cyclone pokepower and hydro shot to do 80 damage to another pokemon.

To be continued...
4.Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).

{M}{M}{M}{C}{C} I guess it's ok...

5. How's the artwork?
mitsuhiro is in fact my favorite artist. He really did show off how strong (and evil under cyrus' hold) diaga G is.

1. Of course! The body its self shuts down a couple decks, combine that with the Deafen, Power Spray, and Metal Energy, and you get one of the most effective locks in the metagame.

2. This card even has its own deck! It is so versitile that it can be used in any non-pokebody relying decks in adition to most SP decks.

3. It is so versitile that it can be used in any non-pokebody relying decks in adition to most SP decks

4. 4.5/5 The only draw back is its BIG {C}{C} retreat cost.

5. 4/5 The background looks great, but I'm getting tired of looking at close-ups of Pokemon heads. :D

1. It's great with luxchomp and I think it is going to stay popular until after worlds 2010
2.luxchomp, dialga chomp and any sp deck
3. any thing with steel energy and that needs to get rid of poke bodies
4. 4/5 it did great at states and it is going to do great at regionals
5. the artwork is awesome but I have to give it a 4/5 just because it's not that cool

A. well i wouldint say it stands on its own but it is playable not for me but yes some still countinue to enjoy running this card in there deck(s) so it is playable just it only helps vs some decks shuppet mewtwo gengar switch gliscor switch so yes playable

B. i have no idea well last reginols it was the most popular card here in seniors New England reginols and some people still use it and used it in CC's and S/P/T's but it lost its popularity here

C. LOL i allways say this i cant name em all ill name the ones i like and that are popular
1# with luxray GL and garchomp C
2# with garchomp C
3# with mesprits LA and other techs
4# with laxray GL and other techs
5# with gyrados
so there are some of the millions of combos

D. EHHHHH well i dont like that card i dont play it nore think about playing it becuase it wouldint have much effect on my metagame and my deck runs fine without it i know some people prefer playing DACHOMP over LuxChomp so he is a well rated card so i give him a (***XX) 3/5 stars

E. not bad its some what odd looks like hes kind of bending his head back i do like the background tho not my FAV artwork but easily one of my FAV backgrouns

so in over all this card is playable and can work just not for me is all

This card is pretty awesome, and i know that much despite never having played it personaly. This and Dialga G itself can ruin so many decks by locking and causing a slow and painful death. It's also pretty good as a tech against body reliant decks like Scizor, not that anyone still plays him :/

SP decks, with Power Spray. It's own deck. And it can be combined with plenty more.

Ruining the opponents set up with deafen and lock down bodies. Means you can set up faster and therefore usually win. Special metals makes this thing a tank.

4 Stars. It loses one for not being that great an attacker, and it's hard to move around.

5. How's the artwork?
Epic win :3

Yes! The card very well does stand on his own nicely! Dialga G's body can easily ruin an opponents deck. Also it's attack is a bonus, 80 for 4 (or 3 {DCE+2Metal, or E.Gain+3Metal) with a chance of sending opponents energy to the lost zone could ruin the next few turns for them. Also being a Level X he can still use Deafen and Second Strike. He's also a perfect Mewtwo counter and can be healed easily. Dialga G is very popular and defiantly worth playing.

Dialga is in a ton of SP variant decks. You are guaranteed to see a few at every tournament you go to. Dialga G is most communally used with Garchomp C and Luxray GL right now. But of course people are still using Toolboxes, and other Sp variants.

As I stated above, Dialga G is good with any SP. If you ran Garchomp C with it you can use Dialga to trainer lock and body lock until you get a Garchomp C built up, let Dialga G tank damage then switch with Garchomp C. Garchomp C will heal all damage from Dialga G and other SP's you have in play, and then Garchomp C could snipe your opponents bench. The you could Poke Turn Garchomp C and send out Dialga G or even a Luxray GL and start again. Dialga G will block Mewtwo's body and allow you to easily kill him. And with his -20 Psychic resistance and if you (which you should ALWAYS) play Special Metals on him, Mewtwo and other psychic types will begin to look rather weak to you. You can also run a SP Toolbox deck and use the old combo with Toxicroak G and Skuntank G. Another possibility would be playing Dialga G in a Palkia G, Luxray GL, and ToxiPromo G deck. If you did run one though you'd only want a 1-1 line because the deck is already full of Pokemon.

Given how often he's used, the many deck possibilities, and how good he is: 4.75/5. Not quite a perfect card, but he's almost there. I would give it a 5/5 if he had just a little more HP and if maybe his attack(on the Lv. X) was slightly better.

5. How's the artwork?

Nothing stands out too much about it unfortunately. Although if you think about it, he looks better than the regular Dialga Lv.X's. It's a clean card though. Nothing special or cool, but nothing really bad about it, very... in the middle.

Dialga G LV X has impacted the competitive game in a big way. Though it's lost some steam since cities, Dialga G remains a popular tech for SP decks, a good tech for some non-SP decks, and it's even used on it's own.

I suspect that Dialga G LV X is a victim of it's own popularity. This card was huge at cities, and it's use led to the decline of pokemon reliant on PokeBodies, and some decks (like Scizor) practically vanished. Since then, many decks considered the possibility of encountering a Dialga G, and the use of pokemon reliant on PokeBodies declined. Thus, Dialga G likewise declined. It was like an intellectual checkmate between PokeBodies and Dialga G, it's mere existence was enough to merit second thought. However, the use of Spiritomb from Arceus is good reason to at least run this card as a tech.

When attacking with this, use Special Metal Energies if you can. Energy Gain will give you a turn one deafen which does 10 and helps to stall your opponent, who probably wanted to play Trainer or Stadium cards. Turn two, play Dialga G LV X, give it another Special Metal Energy, play Crobat G from your hand so the opponent's pokemon has 2 damage counters so you can do 70 more with Second Strike. From the third turn onward, use Remove Lost to do 80 every turn, and the opponent risks losing their precious energy cards... permanently.

One popular pokemon to use with this card is... Actually, it can fit well in nearly any SP deck, but my own favorite is Garchomp C. Dialga G is often used as a main attacker. When this is the case, it tends to pile up damage counters. Thankfully, it gets the benefit of Special Metal Energy, and it can take less damage from attacks. When Dialga G LV X is close to biting the dust, retreat or use a Switch (or Warp Point), and level up Garchomp C. Healing Breath takes care of all the damage. If you were to use a PokeTurn, you'd have to play all that energy again, but with Garchomp C, Dialga G remains a constant threat.

Alright, now let's kill this card. Dialga G does not like Blaziken FB. Blaziken's attack makes it active and burns it, which Dialga G probably won't like. With a retreat cost of 2, Dialga G isn't likely getting away, and if it is, the opponent is discarding 2 energy to do so. And on the next turn, Blaziken FB levels up and kills it. If the opponent has a water type (like Palkia G) in play, Vapor Kick will do it. If not, you'll need Jet Shoot if Dialga G hasn't taken enough burn damage. Charizard from Arceus would have to use Burning Tail. Dialga G would shut off it's Fire Formation PokeBody, so Fire Wing would not be enough in most cases. For killing Dialga G outright, Ninetales from Mysterious Treasures is my favorite card, which also takes care of Mewtwo LV X (so does Dialga G, incidentally).

Dialga G LV X, for providing a powerful tool for cheesy PokeBodies, gets a score of 4 out of 5.

If the most popular decks in the Modified format were more dependent on PokeBodies, I would have rated Dialga G LV X higher. But then, Dialga G LV X is the main reason why most of those decks aren't being played. So in that sense, Dialga G LV X will continue impacting the game until the day it is rotated out.

1. I think its attack is good unless luck isn't on your side like me. It's HP is good and it's poke-body is bad news for a lot o' decks. If you have good SP deck material you should use it.
2. It's used with Garchomp C LV.X.
3.Sometimes with Palkia G LV.X and Garchomp C LV.X. Of course you need techs like Cladol and Uxie.
4.I give it 4 out o' 5. I think it should have a little more HP and maybe one less energy to use it's attack.
5.The artwork is awesome! :)

seboextreme200 said:
1. Well... to start of this card is a good one from the get go since it is a
lv. x. Taking that aspect out of the way it has an "airlock" ability being a real tide turner even on the bench. Good card.

2. Well airlock decks and supporter use counters about every pokemon with poke-body.

3.Combos? A good combo could be with the Dialga DP making it an all out supporter.

{C}{C}{C} out five (i am not much of a fan)

Awesome and not so awesome, really not that good in expressing it's moves a majesty.
For some reason when I se your post with all that stuff, i get really bored and read slow.

Stay on track with the Card Rate...

dmaster out.

Dialga G Lv.X is a beast. The card on its own can bash through any deck, and is definitely above and beyond "Good". It is definitely worth being played.

DialgaChomp, Lady GaGa, and is a very nice and popular tech.

DialgaChomp all the way! I run 4 DCE's and a Champion's Room, so I can use Dialga G Lv.X when I need a tank or to take down a highly energized pokemon, and Garchomp to snipe off whatever I need to. I also put in 3 Honchkrow G's, because with Crobat G and Garchomp C to snipe, then have Dialga G Lv.X to clean it up, nothing on the field is safe from my wrath! *Mwahahahaaaa!!!*

Out of 5 Stars, let's give it a FIVE!!! *****, Five Stars, Two Thumbs Up, it's amazing no matter how you express it!!!

5. How's the artwork?

When I first saw this card, the artwork blew me away. It is very well-drawn, and extremely creative. I applaud the artist.

The Wii Man1234 said:
1. Of course! The body its self shuts down a couple decks, combine that with the Deafen, Power Spray, and Metal Energy, and you get one of the most effective locks in the metagame.

2. This card even has its own deck! It is so versitile that it can be used in any non-pokebody relying decks in adition to most SP decks.

3. It is so versitile that it can be used in any non-pokebody relying decks in adition to most SP decks

4. 4.5/5 The only draw back is its BIG {C}{C} retreat cost.

5. 4/5 The background looks great, but I'm getting tired of looking at close-ups of Pokemon heads. :D

If you have a DP #8 Magnezone, its magnetize pokebody allows you to erase its retreat cost, but you'll need some way to get around dialga's pokebody. You can also use a trainer that switches it, but it's a bit of a waste. Better off having garchomp C to heal it.

My Ratings:
1.It's Worth Being Played For The Attacks
2.Pokemon World Championships 2009 Crowned Tiger
3.You Could Retreat it After Using Time Crystal (Discard 2 Cards) For The Opponent's x2 Weakness (If The Opponent Has A Poke-Body).
4.{C}{C}{C}{C} It Is Worth The Play For 80 Damage But The x2 {R} Weakness isn't Good.
5.Excellent! {C}{C}{C}{C}{C} It's Truly Epic!

I Happen To Own 2 Of These Cards! :D

Back