Delta

Selling colourful Pokemon to Celadon Game Corner
RE: Delta's Magical Art Factory - Demi-Fiend's Disapproval

Lines and base colours finished!

tumblr_nmerw8tqOZ1snsyxqo1_1280.png

Delta

So that demon is called a Pallas Athena but I decided to change it to an Isis because that shield is too complicated. 6 hours later and my hands hurt.

tumblr_nmge09RPLw1snsyxqo1_1280.png

Delta

A certain little cat is preventing me from working so here's a colour update. And for some reason it isn't proper resolution despite trying multiple upload sites.

Isabeau%20and%20Isislandscape.png

Delta

Redraws redraws and more redraws. So after about 7-8 days of working on this and only this I got it done.

Problems? Buildings are pretty bland. Could have spent a bit more time on those although I was getting a bit fed up by the end of it. General poses are a little simple. The Isis demon could have looked a lot more flamboyant given its design. Colour is also a big thing here. I want to show more colour in the shading in future things. I suppose subject matter comes into that a little bit. After all this is fanart of an underground Tokyo in the midst of a mass demon immigration. I also forgot the 'Item' text above the chest because I'm blind apparently.

After I finish my CaC entry I want to work on more dynamic poses with flashy colours. It might be a little difficult since most of what I draw is fantasy but that's all the more reason to study Etrian Odyssey art.

tokyo_times_by_smokedroplet-d8pau4v.png

Delta

RE: Delta's Magical Art Factory - Tokyo Times

CaC sketching!

tumblr_nmpsn5KDO31snsyxqo1_1280.png

Delta

CaC colouring! Lorelei's Dewgong!

CCgQiIHW8AAAlTH.png:large

Delta

I’ve looked at this for so long it doesn’t even look like Pokemon fanart anymore. Just a weird amalgamation of shapes and shades. Trying to figure something out with this Dewgong. The shading looks good but it looks off. I also don’t know if I’m trying too hard to fill the empty space. I don’t know if the wispy clouds clash with the hard defined shadows…

I just wanna give this to someone else to finish. Any thoughts would be great.

tumblr_nmtq3sbPYz1snsyxqo2_1280.png

tumblr_nmtq3sbPYz1snsyxqo1_1280.png

Delta

Been away for a while. Need to get to work on my CaC. Sketches below!

tumblr_nn9t0xXpBR1snsyxqo1_1280.png

tumblr_nn9t0xXpBR1snsyxqo2_1280.png

tumblr_nmye7cxQ1o1snsyxqo1_1280.png

tumblr_nmv1q0IH0L1snsyxqo1_1280.png

tumblr_nmvduxqxkH1snsyxqo1_540.png

Delta

Resketched and lined over this and added base colours for tomorrow. CaC deadlines! Hahaha...heh...

tumblr_nnbyxp3VLc1snsyxqo1_1280.png

Delta

Looks okay for what it’s going to be in. Nothing too offensive or off about this, just that it would look better with better techniques and lines. More of a filler painting I guess. Might add some highlights for when I actually put it in the card.

crobat_flight_by_smokedroplet-d8qzoxa.png

EDIT:
Also here are the lines for the Dewgong if anyone wants to experiment or mess around with them.
dewgong___free_lineart_by_smokedroplet-d8ptinl.png

Delta

Now that the high class swanky time Xenforo is finally here it's time to start posting "quality" content again!
Here are some sketches that I may or may not want to take forward.

tumblr_nnu2ypwEOc1snsyxqo1_540.png

tumblr_nnulnhZz581snsyxqo1_1280.png

tumblr_nnom02AiE41snsyxqo1_1280.png

tumblr_nnlalsHTlc1snsyxqo1_1280.png

tumblr_nnj0evCkou1snsyxqo1_1280.png

tumblr_nnfkbqZKsR1snsyxqo1_1280.png

tumblr_nnahygHzeU1snsyxqo1_1280.png

Oh, indexes show images in threads. Looks good in CW.

Delta

Sketching out a kind of Royal Bird Bodyguard concept.

tumblr_nnyab5hUsH1snsyxqo1_1280.png

Delta

Expanded on above and gave names. Amelia and Yeward. Don’t know if I want the background to be a sort of parade or battlefield.

tumblr_no6pcwsFFc1snsyxqo1_1280.png

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Really digging that bodyguard bird design you came up with. I can see this in some sort of manga where people raise their own birds and decide to travel and battle other birds. lol

Looking forward to seeing how you develop the piece (if you decide to) and other fantastic designs like these.

Delta

@Ice Arceus: Thank you! This is starting to sound a little like Skyward Sword. I'll hopefully be finishing this in my usual way and another with a little more whimsy. Maybe a little chalk like. I'll see what I can experiment with.

@safariblade: I'm still sticking with SAI and still learning new things with it. Very versatile. Apparently there is a SAI 2 with rulers and text support but I'm not so fussed.

Approaching colours!
tumblr_noctoyPFFO1snsyxqo1_1280.png

Delta

Been away again playing SMT and BlazBlue. Picked up Izayoi and doodled her down when I got back.

tumblr_nolfjx91kb1snsyxqo1_1280.png

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I know it's a bit older, but... I really love that Crobat art that you have in your OP. It feels like it would make awesome art work for a children's book or something. :p Now I'm trying to think of a good kid's book that could be about Crobat, maybe him trying to find friends at night or something when everyone else is asleep. xD

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
While on the topic of the awesome Crobat, how did you actually put the lines (and other patterns) on the picture?

Delta

@Athena: Thank you! That thought went through my mind as well.
14t7cia.jpg

And speaking of storybooks, I would really like to adapt the bird and girl story into a series of illustrations.

@bbninjas: I downloaded a popular texture pack for SAI and played around with screentones. I can't remember where I got it but screentone textures are pretty easy to find on deviantAart. Especially the ones I used.