Art Gallery Delta's Magical Art Factory - Amelia & Yeward

Delta

Selling colourful Pokemon to Celadon Game Corner
Sketching more Hero Academia.

tumblr_npyjl3IMiw1snsyxqo1_1280.png

And some form of Magic Grappler type character.
tumblr_npy2hyGBYW1snsyxqo1_1280.png

Aoki

Aspiring Trainer
Impressive use of screentones on the Crobat. It's been a while since I've been to this thread but I can see that you have improved tremendously. ^_^

Delta

Thank you! It's been slowly but steadily improving. Well I'd hope so because I can look at some things from a few weeks back without cringing.

I learned how to gif sorta! Transparency comes out weird in the render. Sightseeing process here we go!
tumblr_nq3lqfI8iH1snsyxqo1_540.gif

Also wipping up more JoJo's.
tumblr_nq3vs66paX1snsyxqo1_1280.png

Delta

Return sketches. I got a new sketchbook so I could bring it with me, not leave it behind. A few small scenery thumbnails and named them. I thought ‘His Point’ was kinda clever but now it sounds funny to me.

tumblr_nqej57vK4n1snsyxqo1_1280.png

Might also continue with Jolyne when I fix anatomy.
tumblr_nq5phfUyL41snsyxqo1_1280.png

Delta

Drawing Terra on a chocobo again. Except this time it looks alright. I want to draw more people smiling, generally when I draw people they a sad or angry monotone look. Will take this to a higher resolution maybe when I get a background.

tumblr_nqgjsmWRE21snsyxqo1_540.png

Delta

Updated TerraChoc. Background is a big problem as usual. Trying to find a fitting esper and utilize the rule of thirds. Like Kirin or Valigarmanda. Alexander would be metal as heck. *Flexes FF6 knowledge*

tumblr_nqi98luT671snsyxqo1_1280.png

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
Wow, you only get better and better! Those last few sketches have such an unique style. They remind me a lot of Metal Gear Solid promotional artwork. Loving especially the expression of the characters from you last Hero Academia sketch.

Delta

Thanks Zygarde! Comments on my progress I take to heart. Always good to hear anything on that.

I wanted to put Gogo next to Terra here but he's 5'5". The Amano art makes him look like he's 7 foot. I don't know whatamgonnado.
Before I go on with this I'm going to (I type gonna a lot) go practice hands and feet. Extremities take up way too much time.

CIc4JVsXAAAGz7u.png:large

Also felt sketching!
tumblr_nqioa5sOWl1snsyxqo1_1280.jpg

Delta

Magic hands!

tumblr_nqm4de1SsQ1snsyxqo1_1280.png

TerraChoc update. Still backgrounding.
tumblr_nqmgzczj8e1snsyxqo1_1280.png

Delta

This is a right old mess. Might do as much as I can tomorrow and leave it there.

tumblr_nqobjwRfxH1snsyxqo1_1280.png

Delta

This is as far as I took it today. Fiddled around more with changing the line colours and using multiple shading layers for better depth. I could have gone and made this into a clean big image with a proper background and everything but the things I wanted to do as a background would require to change poses and scrap all the colour I had done already and honestly I lke what I already had. Will certainly do more FF6 friends in the future. Process coming in the next couple of days, probably tomorrow.

I completely forgot to draw that other hand HAHA LOL OOPS.
messy_terra_by_smokedroplet-d8z8fg4.png

Delta

Just a few sketches in a heat wave. I seem to like to draw round people stating that there is an absence of potions. I always make myself laugh whenever I think about it.

tumblr_nqrmhqNUwl1snsyxqo1_1280.png

tumblr_nqtuvmcRFX1snsyxqo1_1280.png

tumblr_nqsxa4Pa391snsyxqo1_1280.jpg

Delta

Redesigning Medusa as a summon. Not sure whether to have snakes on her head. The snake imagery is already pretty obvious. Petrification has always been one of my favourite effects so I always wanted to draw something that has that ability.

tumblr_nr0rzmJW1t1snsyxqo1_1280.png

tumblr_nr1897Jdq01snsyxqo1_1280.png

Delta

Thought about abandoning this but eh, it looks alright. The sketch underlay makes it look a lot better. I think I’ll add some Borderlands/JoJo kind of definition and see how it is.
tumblr_nr4ox7kfP11snsyxqo1_1280.png

JiJi-T

ID [ Dream ] We all are living in a dream!
Thank you! It's been slowly but steadily improving. Well I'd hope so because I can look at some things from a few weeks back without cringing.

I learned how to gif sorta! Transparency comes out weird in the render. Sightseeing process here we go!
tumblr_nq3lqfI8iH1snsyxqo1_540.gif

Also wipping up more JoJo's.
tumblr_nq3vs66paX1snsyxqo1_1280.png
I am back! lol... I like this process that you show us (all). And the last (final one) is nice! :)

Thought about abandoning this but eh, it looks alright. The sketch underlay makes it look a lot better. I think I’ll add some Borderlands/JoJo kind of definition and see how it is.
tumblr_nr4ox7kfP11snsyxqo1_1280.png
He/She is a Jinjuriki!!! Haha this one is nice too! I like the position from the human!

Last edited by a moderator:

Delta

Thanks JiJi! I'm dropping the snake though. Huge pain to deal with and the design is coming up with problems. I like how far I got with the shading. If it were skin it may have come up a lot better. Got the line art below if anyone wants to mess around with it.

tumblr_nr5117vM371snsyxqo2_1280.png

tumblr_nr5117vM371snsyxqo1_1280.png

I may have said in this thread that I want to draw a crossbow-guy. If I didn't, I do. Designing it now and -hopefully- I'll get the position and background I want down.
tumblr_nr6e2pH3so1snsyxqo1_1280.png

tumblr_nr6p5njEh31snsyxqo1_1280.png

Delta

Turned this into some concept art piece. I might stick colours and shades on to it. Nothing big though. Damn I need sleep and to stop drawing. I’m seeing things.

tumblr_nr8z2u4Vor1snsyxqo1_1280.png

Delta

Spent most of today working on a simple Toxicroak set.

tumblr_nramrpnrRE1snsyxqo1_1280.png

tumblr_nramrpnrRE1snsyxqo2_1280.png

Delta

I do take pride in my facial expressions.

Just a few 20-30 minute flat environment sketches.
tumblr_nrceuaddY31snsyxqo1_1280.png

tumblr_nrcl2xfp6e1snsyxqo1_1280.png

Delta

A more detailed oceanic landscape of a marketplace. Makes me want to do something with it. I’d have to get a bunch of specific references for it though.

tumblr_nre2wwfrTl1snsyxqo2_1280.png

And I swear I can get some kind of Pokemon fusion out of this.
tumblr_nre2wwfrTl1snsyxqo1_1280.png