News 'Dark Order,' Japan's October Mini-Set!

Josney26

Aspiring Trainer
Psychic Pokémon vs Aegislash with a Klefki and a metal goggles attached is actually doing no damage good lord

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
So are we just gonna ignore the fact that Ampharos does a consistent 150 for a single energy barring a Judge, and has consistent setup thanks to Blitzle? Yes? K...

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
WOO Jasmine is busted af. Looks like a looooot of steel-type decks are going to see some action!

My only concern is that Lillie might actually be more worthwhile in certain decks :/ hmmm....

Graven

Eminem TTGX
As a Metal/Lightning Deck lover, I am going to just say this:

ABOUT HECCING TIME.

Lightning Gushes: Ampharos GX is all I ever wanted and more (might even be my new favourite Stage 2 deck after Solgaleo GX), and Tapu Koko <*> is genuinely amazing. Also Blitzle and Electropower. Might play these over Zeraora GX. :3

Metal Gushes:...where do I begin? Oh right: Jirachi, Cobalion GX, Aegislash, Klefki, Metal Goggles and Jasmine. I'm putting Hitachi and Klefki in my Solgaleo GX deck, and especially Metal Goggles. Cobalion GX and Aegislash are great on their own, but aren't something I would make competitively. Jasmine is just nuts, and with a T1 Lele going Second, that could be an even better Steven's Resolve for Metal Decks.

I am suffiently happy, and can't wait to test Amphy GX (Eeee!) and Solga GX with these new cards.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Doublade is actually legitimately good with Metal Goggles. Plus, Zeraora GX/ Ampharos GX is gonna be good. Reduce retreat to zero, hit for 200 w/Electripower/ Choice Band, switch, then do it again. And Zapados does 130 for one if you have reliable switching (ie. Zeraora) and Electropower/ CB. Quad Zapados/Zeraora GX might be really good.

Graven

Eminem TTGX
Okay, I just realized how broken Amphy GX is w/ Thunder Mountain <*>. Free Electropower from Discard, Free GX that draws 7 Pokemon, and a 1(L) Attack that hits for 150 (180 w/ either Choice Band or Electropower, 210 w/ both Choice Band and Electropower), and the forced energy discard text doesn't really do that much harm since it's only 1(L)!! The fact that it also has 240HP is amazing on it's own right (not even gonna mention Choice Helmet). Combined with Tapu Koko <*>, Blitzle, and Zeraora GX (and maybe a non-GX attacker)...yeah, bye Solgaleo GX. Meet your new overlord.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Beware of Doublade: It can pair with Genesect-GX, which can hold 2 tools. And with multiple Metal damage reducing tools to keep it alive... I could see it working pretty well, and worth testing out.

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
Am I the only one that sees the Alolan Muk/Garb deck potential?

Evolve 3 and you get to look through 18 cards, I mean its pretty busted if there ever becomes a way to pick them back up

Wechselbalg

brb
Beware of Doublade: It can pair with Genesect-GX, which can hold 2 tools. And with multiple Metal damage reducing tools to keep it alive... I could see it working pretty well, and worth testing out.

Yep, Doublade, Genesect, Jasmine (for T1), Frying Pan and Metal Googles sounds like a nice deck - the only problem is that Genesect cannot use DCE so it cannot double as a secondary attacker.

arulz

THE SEEKER
That bronzor with bronzong in expanded looks busted...

Also Tapu Koko prism star is totally busted...

Edit: are we totally sure the bronzong’s translation is correct? That as long as it’s not your first turn going first, you can evolve it right away? Or is it supposed to be only on your first turn going second?

Graven

Eminem TTGX
Okay, final tidbit.

Ampharos GX/Alolan Ninetales GX (Fairy Rise)

Alolan Ninetales GX is straight up a better Blitzle, and the added benefit of Alolan Vulpix is indespensible. While Zeraora GX is theoretically a good complement, Amphy GX doesn't need another GX attacker, and it's playstyle doesnt necessarily revolve around Retreating often. Tapu Koko <*> and Lele GX are still an obvious choice for the deck, but other than finding a non-GX attacker, thats really about it.

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
Okay, I just realized how broken Amphy GX is w/ Thunder Mountain <*>. Free Electropower from Discard, Free GX that draws 7 Pokemon, and a 1(L) Attack that hits for 150 (180 w/ either Choice Band or Electropower, 210 w/ both Choice Band and Electropower), and the forced energy discard text doesn't really do that much harm since it's only 1(L)!! The fact that it also has 240HP is amazing on it's own right (not even gonna mention Choice Helmet). Combined with Tapu Koko <*>, Blitzle, and Zeraora GX (and maybe a non-GX attacker)...yeah, bye Solgaleo GX. Meet your new overlord.
That's even ignoring adding all those electripowers up. With Thunder Mountain you can do 150 each turn for free by playing all 4 electripowers before using the first attack to recycle them over and over.

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
Hang on I'm confused. What part of Electropower is worded in such a way that stops multiple Electropowers from stacking? Because the way I've been reading it, each one adds an additional 30 and I can't figure out why no one else is freaking out over that damage math.

Zzrrdd

Aspiring Trainer
Aegislash with shining celebi with tool drop and genesect gx is going to be crazy! The GXs don't seem too good, but tapu koko prism is a must have in electric decks

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
That Absol is actually really good assuming they stack. The 100 HP sucks though since that means Buzz gets a OHKO on you though.

arulz

THE SEEKER
Hang on I'm confused. What part of Electropower is worded in such a way that stops multiple Electropowers from stacking? Because the way I've been reading it, each one adds an additional 30 and I can't figure out why no one else is freaking out over that damage math.
there's not, it's busted

ABSOLutely

Aspiring Trainer
Sigh... of course the Absol sucks. Why did I even bother to hope for more?

Edit: Thought it only said active. There may be hope after all :)

Graven

Eminem TTGX

There really isn't any text limiting the amount of use for an Electropower on a single Pokemon...

Arceus, is this actually real? God, please let this not be real, because Zeraora GX and the new PikaZek Tag Team GX will be outright disgusting if this is actually true. Ampharos will benefit from this the most (2 Electropowers makes it hit for 210 excluding Choice Band, with the possibility of it only costing 1(L) due to TM Prism Star). At that point, it's all about retrieving the Electropowers from the discard pile with Ampharos' first attack (which, as I said before, is straight up free with TM Prism Star).

Somebody please double-check that. Holy Arceus...

Last edited: