579.gif
@ Leftovers
Magic Guard / Bold
252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Special Attack
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Easily survives even a +2 Sucker Punch and OHKOs with Psyshock. If Reuniclus doesn't switch into Swords Dance, you are even safer, but you should probably just attack to avoid potential mind games later.

Detailed Result:
252 +2 Atk Toxicroak (+Atk) Sucker Punch vs 252 HP/252 Def Reuniclus (+Def) : 67.92% - 80.19%
2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

RE: Counter That Pokemon! - Round 14

No Life Orb? That's lame; Dry Skin is perfect to negate the recoil. Plus I want to see PMJ get mad that Reuniclus fails now.

[animate]jellicent[/animate]
Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Resist everything except for Sucker Punch (which will never hit you), WoW to actually do damage to Toxicroak, and Recover just so you're healthy to tackle the next Pokemon. Unfortunately you do have to stall it out since Dry Skin negates burn damage. Thankfully Jellicent should be able to do this assuming neither have used moves until now.

TDL said:
No Life Orb? That's lame;
I ran the calculation again and kinda ended up getting next to nothing that was a solid counter, which is why I changed the item from Life Orb to Black Sludge.

If you wanna try to counter Life Orb though, go ahead! =)

Challenge accepted:

637.gif
@ Leftovers
Flame Body / Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Speed
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Hurricane

Switch in, Roost up if you switch into rocks, and then use Hurricane; good night. Even though Toxicroak outspeeds you initially, you will survive a +2 Drain Punch if you come into rocks.

Detailed Result:
252 +2 Atk Toxicroak (+Atk) Drain Punch vs 252 HP/252 Def Volcarona (+Def) : 29.41% - 34.49%
Entry hazards damage: 187
After entry hazards: 297 - 316 (79.41% - 84.49%)
2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Detailed Result:
0 SpAtk Volcarona Hurricane vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Toxicroak: 102.6% - 121.43%
Guaranteed OHKO

Gyarados @ Leftovers
176 HP/128 Att/204 Spe
Adamant
Intimidate

- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Bounce

Toxicroak can only 3HKO with Sucker Punch at +1, while Gyarados easily OHKOs with Bounce, even unboosted. I know Bounce is pretty easy to switch into, but Gyarados can still use Croak as set up fodder.

Thing is with Bounce is that you've still technically caused it to switch out. I would say that's a counter.

TPO3 gets two points for best defensive counter. Skarmory is pretty much the only defensive Pokemon that beats Toxicroak one-on-one.
PMJ gets a point for his Volcarona counter. It's a bit complicated of a counter, as you need to Roost up to avoid sucker punch beating you, but it works.
TDL gets two points for also having a best defensive counter. Toxicroak can't touch you, but you don't touch it. You win a PP Stall war though, as much as those suck.
Chillarmy gets a point for the best offensive counter. Bounce easily scares Toxicroak out, even though it's a two turn move.

Round 15

[animate]celebi[/animate]
Celebi @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Ice
- Earth Power

No weather is up.

RE: Counter That Pokemon! - Round 15

[animate]kyurem[/animate] @Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
Modest nature
52 HP/220 SpAtk/236 Spe
~Substitute
~Roost
~Ice Beam
~Earth Power

Resists Giga Drain, neutral to the other two which aren't STABs. It can hit back with super effective Ice Beam, or it can Roost off damage that is eventualy racked up by Stealth Rock.

437.png

Item: Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Sassy
252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD
  • Gyro Ball
  • Protect
  • HP Ice
  • Stealth Rock

Bronzong is about as good as you can get, it doesn't fear any of Celebi's attacks (resisting all of them) and deals respectable damage with Gyro Ball. There's not a whole heck of a lot to say since a lot of it is self-explanatory.

094.gif
@ Life Orb
Levitate / Timid
252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 SpDef
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Pain Split

Shadow Ball does 99% minimum, so you will always win. If you switch into Nasty Plot, use Substitute. If you switch into an attack, use Shadow Ball. Either way, Celebi is boned after it launches a single offensive attack.

Detailed Result:
252 SpAtk Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs 0 HP/4 SpDef Celebi: 99.41% - 117.01%
93.75% chance to OHKO

212.png

Scizor @ Choice Scarf
Technician | Jolly
72 Atk / 184 SpD / 252 Spe
-U-Turn
-Iron Head
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Fairly self explanatory. Scizor tanks a +2 Earth Power from Celebi and out speeds using Choice Scarf, killing it with U-Turn. The other moves are filler, but Scizor is a good Scarfed user IMO. Speed can be traded for power here as long as Scizor still out speeds.

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Celebi Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 184 SpD Scizor: 207-244 (73.66 - 86.83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

72 Atk Scizor U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 408-480 (119.64 - 140.76%) -- guaranteed OHKO

598.gif

Ferrothorn @ Choice Band
Iron Barbs | Brave
0 Spe. IVs
188 HP / 92 Att / 124 SDef. / 104 Def.
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Claw
- Stealth Rocks

92 Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn (+Atk) Gyro Ball vs 0 HP/0 Def Celebi: 82.86% - 98.29%
2 hits to KO

92 Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn (+Atk) Shadow Claw vs 0 HP/0 Def Celebi: 52.57% - 62.86%
2 hits to KO
-----------------------------------------------------
252 SpAtk Life Orb Celebi Earth Power vs 188 HP/124 SpDef Ferrothorn: 26.01% - 30.64%
4 hits to KO

252 +2 SpAtk Life Orb Celebi Earth Power vs 188 HP/124 SpDef Ferrothorn: 51.45% - 60.69%
2 hits to KO

252 +4 SpAtk Life Orb Celebi Earth Power vs 188 HP/124 SpDef Ferrothorn: 76.3% - 90.17%
2 hits to KO

Ferro seems to be fairly sturdy, not caring too much about +2 Celebi and returning the KO to it via Gyro Ball. if the opponent hasn't set up yet, then you could easily switch out Ferro if you suspect they'll do so or use HP Ice / Earth Power instead.

Red Striker, that set isn't a counter. If you come in as Celebi Nasty Plots, a +2 Earth Power will 2HKO you. Sure you 2HKO Celebi, but it outspeeds you and KOs as well.

Turn 2: You switch in Ferrothorn. Celebi Nasty Plots.
Turn 3: Celebi uses Earth Power. You take 51% damage. You use Gyro Ball. Celebi takes 82% damage,
Turn 4. Celebi uses Earth Power. You take another 51% damage. 51+51 = 102. Ferrothorn is KOed.

Oh.... Well, I tried at least. I guess I'll just have to wait for Round 16 to start.

Hi

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
248 HP / 24 SpA / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Overheat
- Pain Split

Blah blah blah, I know this set got nerfed with the ban of genesect but whatever, it does its job, checks sun teams pretty hard, and the Celebi, too.
24 SpA Rotom-H Overheat vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Celebi: 320-380 (93.84 - 111.43%) -- 68.75% chance to OHKO
after 1 round of LO recoil, it kills so.
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Celebi Giga Drain vs. 248 HP / 232+ SpD Rotom-H: 94-110 (31.02 - 36.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

safe from its attacks mostly

Whoops, meant to post the new round yesterday. My bad.

TPO3 gets two points for best offensive counter. It should be pretty obvious as to why haha.
Pride gets two points for best defensive counter. Blissey rivals Bronzong, but Celebi can beat Blissey since Blissey poses no threat to a +6 Celebi.
PMJ gets one point.
Yoshi gets one point.
doublenikesocks gets one point.

Round 16
[animate]keldeo[/animate]
Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power Ghost
- Calm Mind

and it's raining, so assume that.

RE: Counter That Pokemon! - Round 16

[animate]tentacruel[/animate] @Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
Impish nature
252 HP/240 Def/16 Spe
~Substitute
~Toxic
~Rapid Spin
~Scald

Tentacruel resists both Hydro Pump and Secret Sword, and is neutral to HP Ghost. Defensive EVs because with 80 HP/120 SpDef, you don't really need to EV special defense very much. Its typing comes in handy for resisting special attacks anyways (see: Fire Blast, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam.) The Defense comes in handy for fighting-types (sacred sword???) Substitute on a Calm Mind, otherwise just Toxic it to death. You get extra HP too since it's raining ^_^. I'd put Protect on here but I'm not cool like Pride I can't find a move to take off. Maybe Substitute but then it's no longer SubToxic :p

RE: Counter That Pokemon! - Round 9

The Yoshi said:
I'd like to revive this and see where it goes. Maybe just for one round ;D. If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work. But for now:

647.gif

Keldeo @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid (-Atk, +Spe)
-Calm Mind
-Hydro Pump
-Secret Sword
-HP Ice

You may not use Jellicent as a counter in this round. Good luck if this works.

Edit: Also assume Rain.

Parasect @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
252 HP/252 Spe/4 Def
Dry Skin

- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Spore
- Seed Bomb

I suppose one could argue that Parasect isn't OU viable, but it is an effective Keldeo counter. Even at +1, Keldeo fails to 2HKO Parasect, while Parasect can set up on Keldeo by either beginning to Subseed, Spore, or 2HKO Keldeo with Seed Bomb. Really you don't need Seed Bomb, I just enjoy overkill.

Derp on a stick, I recorded the set wrong in the OP.

[animate]mamoswine[/animate]
Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adament Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Shard

Counter this instead.

I see how it is, Bippa. >:[