'CoroCoro' and 'Shonen Sunday' Leaks Reveal New Mega Pokémon and Downloadable Demo for OR/AS [9/9]

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
Drohn said:
I love the Mega Gallade and Camerupt! I'm not a huge fan of Sharpedo's design; it's a bit similar to what they did to Garchomp. It's not that bad, though. I'll probably end up using them all in OR/AS. So many nice additions. I'm using a rotation team; if they keep things up like this there will be so many awesome things that I'll end up using every Pokémon in only 2 or 3 battles.

I'm surprised Wally has a Mega Gallade now. Thinking about it, wouldn't it make more sense to have Mega Gallade in XY and keep Mega Gardevoir for Wally, since it was his main Pokémon? I'm not complaining, but I find it noticeable.

I agree. Mega Gallade and Camerupt look great. As for Mega Sharpedo, well, in a way I had this feeling they wouldn't make a Mega Evo in which Sharpedo would extend its back and become a full shark, but like any Mega Evo, would build upon his existing features. To be honest, if anyone still wants a full shark Pokémon at this point...you'd likely need to wait on the next gen of the series, and hope its included there.

At first, I was a bit disappointed with Sharpedo, but after looking more, I can appreciate the design, as when you look closer to it, it now enhances the "torpedo theme" way more than before, and adds features of a sawshark into it as a bonus, and perhaps, seeing the enhanced jaw design and the increased overall size, might have some elements of a Megalodon, who were known for their huge sizes and whose jaws were known for their notorious power, seeing as they were apex predators in ancient history. This might also explain why Sharpedo has Strong Jaw as its ability.

Salamencetrainer34

I am out of smash codes.
Mega gallade - Eh. Looks neat

Wally - That hair ruins it IMO

Mega Camerupt - Looks like a regular camerupts hump became a volcano and camerupt cant supprt the weight so its doing its best to stand

Mega sharpedo - Overdesigned but looks cool.

Could care less for the primal pokemon

Heres my theory: After you beat Maxir/Archies evil plot, they meet you at sootopolis town and talk how they should not have abused pokemon and whats not and you get the mega stone

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Please, staaawp it. I have enjoyed all the m-evos so far, but these new m-evos are ridiculous... M-Sharpedo, I'm ashamed for you.

phinox25

Aspiring Trainer
Those new mega designs look cool but Mega Sharpedo and Camerupt look very different for my liking. I don't know what abilities could have made those two Pokemon better and the stat boosts are interesting besides the lower speed of Mega Camerupt.

Did anyone notice the M on Mega Camerupt and what seems to be a cape on Mega Gallade?

Jaime Runt

Aspiring Trainer
Mmmm.... these megas didn't make it for me... when I first saw them I couldn't help thinking they might be fake even tho I knew they weren't. The one I like the most is gallade but I'm not really thrilled by the artwork so I'll wait to see the models of all three of them to make a better judgment. I hope they make me like these megas some more because I really love sharpedo and would love to give him a chance.

Drohn

Wild War Dance
phinox25 said:
what seems to be a cape on Mega Gallade?
Just like Gardevoir represents wearing a ballroom dress, I think the "cape" represents the male clothing for ballroom dancers.
G&T%20Dance%20Tuxedo%20Antonio%20Black.jpg

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
So Beginning Ocean and Final Earth... wonder how much they increase water and fire type moves. 75%? 100%?! *shudder*

Mitja

veteran smartass
Mega Gallade QQ

It's so perfect!

I just love how they tried to keep the same style they did for Mega Gardevoir.
Making the green bodyparts all white and adding a majestic cape.

Also notice how it's "heart" is almost completely gone, while Mega Gardevoir has a double-heart.
That's some poetry-level stuff, well done.

omg

Drohn said:
I love the Mega Gallade and Camerupt! I'm not a huge fan of Sharpedo's design; it's a bit similar to what they did to Garchomp. It's not that bad, though. I'll probably end up using them all in OR/AS. So many nice additions. I'm using a rotation team; if they keep things up like this there will be so many awesome things that I'll end up using every Pokémon in only 2 or 3 battles.

I'm surprised Wally has a Mega Gallade now. Thinking about it, wouldn't it make more sense to have Mega Gallade in XY and keep Mega Gardevoir for Wally, since it was his main Pokémon? I'm not complaining, but I find it noticeable.

interesting fact: Wallys Gardevoir was male.

Drohn said:
I said a while ago that I wanted the new forms of Groudon and Kyogre to have abilities that cause Rain/Sun that doesn't end after 5 turns. This might be just that. They are the first Pokémon to have those signature abilities, so they deserve a boost to make it more special.

That new attack sounds interesting. Now that Groudon becomes a Ground/Fire type I wonder whether the new attack will also have two types.

They just nerfed the old abilities from having infinite length...it would be silly if the only difference now would be to basically make the new abilities what the old ones did lol.

Even if the aim was to make the weather last longer, they'd hopefully make it so the ability activates every single time the pokemon uses a move (a face-off between the mascots also makes more sense, rather than the slower ones weather being the one that stays active...).
But I have a feeling they'll make them the hazard versions of RainDance/SunnyDay, do damage like Sandstorm/Hail.

alex020295 said:
I can't wait for Mega Gallade's ability. Mega Gardevoir got Pixilate, maybe he will get the fighting variant of it or Moxie/Speed Boost, since it looks so elegant and he looses a lot of green. OMG what if his shiny turns black...instant fave!

Yeah genuinely curious too. Gallade has been a huge fav of mine ever since it enriched my love for the Ralts-line in gen 4.

It's definitely not gonna be a new ability, ie a Fighting version of Pixilate, as GF insists on not adding new abilities to megas that haven't been in XY already.

I mean, otherwise I would have been hoping for Camerupt to get some heat-concept ability that gave it a Water immunity, but I didn't even get my hopes up, and now it got Sheer Force.

Gallade doesn't have any great abilities, so it can only get better...hopefully something interesting enough to make it worth not to use Life-orb, and not just some "olol it has Justified" nonsense.

NotSeen said:
Now, we still don't have any Mega evolution (except for Mega Gardevoir) in the first half of gen III pokédex (not counting starters). What about Mega Breloom, Mega Slaking or Mega Exploud?
I hope, gen II startesr get their chance, too. Maybe in next remake (how could it only be named? :D)

gen III was already way ahead with the amount of megas before these news.

I know me and everyone still wants a Mega Milotic and Flygon and whatnot...but I really think we need some Machamp and Golem Megas before anything else now...

Windwhip

Aspiring Trainer
Come on! I wanna see the new artwork of Winona and the others! >___<

Also, Wally, yay! Mega Gallade, Mega YAY!

Now, his typing and abilities still remains unknown... hmmm...

JPN Gallade

That dream... make it come true!
My reaction to Mega Gallade's reveal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

This has seriously made my day! I was so upset that Gallade, my favorite Pokemon of all time, didn't get a mega evolution in X/Y while Gardevoir got one, but seeing that Gallade is getting one in OR/AS... I am simply beyond happy! Not only that, I love its design! I was expecting a tuxedo design to match up with Mega Gardevoir's prom dress, but this will perfectly do! He looks like a true hero! Now I am hoping to hear about about what boosts it'll get. Hopefully, it will be good enough so it can be OU again.

Oh yeah, and I love Wally's redesign! Now I'm hoping that he'll be a much prominent rival compared to the originals.

As for Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt? ... meh. There designs don't appeal to me that much, but hopefully, they will receive the right boosts.

Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre also sound promising in terms of what they do, but I at the moment, I'm more curious to see the new artwork for Team Magma and Aqua shown in the scans.

Can't wait to see more updates throughout the day!

MrCoolViking

Aspiring Trainer
I like Mega Gallade and Mega Sharpedo.
Mega Camerupt was a bit unusual, but I know I eventually will like it...! :)

Lanturnman

Lanturn is not even my favorite pokemon....
Mega Sharpedo has too much going on for my taste, I would have loved something a little more simple. Mega Camerupt reminds of West Sea Shellos for some reason, but I still somewhat like it.

Mega Galade is gorgeous, definitely one of my favorite Mega Evolution designs.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I love Mega Gallade and Mega Camerupt! Mega Sharpedo is meh, I don't like its teeth(?) on its artwork, but I like that they're gone on the ingame-sprite.
Also can't wait to see Mega Gallades official Ken Sugimori artwork! (You can see a little bit of it in the upper left corner ;))

KiryatheDragonite

KNEEL!
Gardevoir is my all-time favorite Pokemon, and I love Mega Gallafe! I've been using an Assault Vest set recently, and I can't wait to see this guys stats. Giving Wally a Gallade now (he didn't exist in gen 3) is such a great idea, even though I like male Gardevoir. In fact, my Mega Gardevoir is male, and is named Dionysis, after the pretty, effeminate god of ecstatic madness himself, who dressed in flowing white dresses :). Wally is a sickly little kid who benefits from his Pokemon making him strong, and so Gardy is a good choice as his partner, but Gallade is just as supportive. I hope he gets Adaptability, like Lucario. If his Attack stat is anything like Gardy's, then he's going to be everywhere.

OMGxShante

Umbreon is Life ♥
Mega Gallade!!!! *Does Happy Dance* now I just need my Mega Flygon and all my OR/AS dreams will have came true. I'm glad Camerupt and Sharpeedo got Megas because it would suck so much if they didn't given they are Maxie and Archie main pokemon.

Drohn

Wild War Dance
KiryatheDragonite said:
Gardevoir is my all-time favorite Pokemon, and I love Mega Gallafe! I've been using an Assault Vest set recently, and I can't wait to see this guys stats.
I expect Mega Gallade will have the same stats as Mega Gardevoir except for Attack and Special Attack, which would be switched, like their original forms.

bacon

!!!!!
Mega Sharpedo looks interesting. Between snatching a Speed Boost in its vanillia form and getting a base Speed increase with its mega evolution, it can outspeed pretty much everything without even trying. I don't think it will be top tier though. As it has no notable boosting moves, I don't think it will be able to break through common OU Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Azumarill. It also rolls over and dies to many priority moves (although it could run Aqua Jet to beat Talonflame).