Competitive VG Simple Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Competitive Battling Questions Thread

Electro said:
i was wondering dose the IVs on a poke change in evolution

No. Once they've been determined, IVs can not be (legally) changed, no matter what.
BlueEyedSteelix said:
Can the Rotom alternate formes be used on Wi-Fi legally in the 5th gen?

My mind is saying that they are, but I'm not at all sure about this.

Lets say I use Calm Mind. What would you multiply the boosted stat by? And also for cases like Nasty Plot (+2) and Tail Glow (+3)? I have a feeling that +1 is x1.5, +2 is x2, +3 is x2.5, and so on, but I just wanted to make sure.

+1 is 1.5
+2 is double
+3 is 2.5
+4 is triple
+5 is 3.5
+6 is quadruple
^^That's that Hatman. :p

Also, for BlueEyed Steelix, I believe the answer is no. iirc, rotom formes change back to regular rotom once the match begins. They can be used if you were to go in the Colloseum rather than WiFi (which is why they could be used in VGC Matches), but not over wifi. That's if I remember right.

If a mr mime or alakazam uses role play on a pokemon with forecast/zen mode/flower gift, what does it transform into? The pokemon's alternate form, a strange new form (shudders at thought of zen mode mr mime), or does it not change at all.

It doesn't change at all because those abilities will only affect the pokemon that is supposed to have forecast/zen mode/flower gift

@ charliblaze

o ok i throught so
Please improve your spelling and grammar.~de

How do you find the Hidden Power of the Pokemon??
Please Help

You need to know the IVs of your Pokemon. You can search for one of those then use the iVs you get from it to calculate it.

Ok Cheers Drago, but ive tried it on the calculator im using but it dosent load the Hidden Power section.

If I have a female Solosis and a Ditto, which one should I attach the Everstone to so I can pass down the nature?

You would attach it to the parent who has the nature you want. Gender doesn't matter in 5th Gen, as it did in 4th Gen.

Hypothetical situation time!

Ok, so both I and my opponent have out Espeon with the ability Magic Bounce. My opponent uses Toxic. What happens? Would the status move deflect back and forth forever?

It would simply poison your opponent without any other effects. To back this up, Bulbapedia's Magic Bounce page includes the answer:

Bulbapedia's Magic Bounce page said:
If two opposing Pokémon have this ability only the target's Magic Bounce will reflect the move (i.e. the move will only be reflected once).

More hypothetical situations! Lets say my opponent has a Gyarados with Moxie out. I switch into a Pokemon that gets killed by Entry Hazard damage (Stealth Rocks and Spikes). Would the Moxie on Gyarados activate?

Also, in a double battle, my opponent has a Gyarados with Moxie and something else. His non-Gyarados Pokemon KOs one of mine. Would Gyarados get the Moxie boost?

Again, the answer is on Bulbapedia (I've bolded parts for emphasis):

Bulbapedia's Moxie page said:
When a Pokémon with Moxie causes another Pokémon to faint through direct damage, its Attack rises by one stage.

Is their anything wrong with theses pokemons witch do you think is a lead and late gamer and items you think would be suited for them.

Scrafty....

Unfrezant....

chandelure....

Well Hello Today I Was Thinking What Move Would Annoy The heck Out Of My Opponents And It Is TAUNT Who Would Of Guessed And The Pokemon I Want To Use It Is Unfezant So The Build set I Came Up With Is Taunt Based.

Unfezant@Toxic Orb
Nature-Jolly Spd-252/Hp-4/Attack-252
Ability-Super Luck
Moves:
-Roost
-Taunt
-Hypnosis
-Facade

Now Lets Go On

With Super Luck Critical Hits Are Bound To Happen More Right?. Taunt Is To Anti Lead On Set Ups Or Entry Hazzards Right?. Hypnosis Is To Annoy The Opponent To Stop Them Getting Damage On You For A Bit And Even Force Switch Outs Right?. Now This Is Where Toxic Orb Lands Its Self It Inflicts Self Poisoning That Stop It Getting Any Other Status Condition And Allows Facade To Be Used To The Max Wiith Stab Right?. Roost Heals Back The Hp Lost Form Posion And Damage Right And Takes Away The Weakness To Rocks Or Thunder For That 1 Turn Right?.

Thanks For The Replies Good On You Mate.

Um, ok, Noob question of the year, but I was wondering:

I notice a lot of people have tons of information on the VGC meta, and what's good and what's not. Where do they get their information? I would love to know, thank you. :)

@Terry Blaze: Can you please not capitalize every word? It looks really dumb and unprofessional. kthxbai

Unfezant really isn't a great Pokemon. His typing is really, really horrible. His stats are really lackluster. 105 Attack really isn't going to be hitting too hard, 93 Speed isn't that fast, and his defensive stats won't let him take a hit. IMO, your set really doesn't look too good. It looses to any Ghost type in the game. Swellow does the job as a Facade user so much better since he has Guts to boost his attacks. Unfezant, however, is just a slower Swellow that can't hit as hard. I'm not saying Swellow is a good Pokemon; I'm only mentioning him because Unfezant and him are similar and Swellow is the only Facade user I can think of atm. ;P

Also, all sets should be posted in 5th Gen Competitive Movesets and Metagame thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back