'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

If someone puts something like one in a deck, then most of the time your starting hand wouldn't include it, and Cress would be almost useless at that point.
It's entire point is for decks that have no good starters and fear being kod if they don't set up instantly or run EXs that aren't called shaymin EX.

They really can't lose N can they :p
It's the only card so far that can directly affect your hand. Don't blame them, though they could have made it, say, Malva (belonging to the evil organization, high-ranking, although not the boss himself).
Though I'd like to see a card that blocks players from drawing past a certain amount so they won't keep on Shaymin-ing.

They really can't lose N can they :p
My thoughts exactly. Only this time they put it in an upon evolution ability that only affects your opponent. So I can see how they were trying to balance it out. Not sure yet if I like it or not. I guess time will tell...

Oooooh, it's been a long time since we've had a Mismagius! I guess there was one in Legendary Treasures but it was only a theme deck release in Japan so I never got it, and before then was HGSS block. I guess I should have expected it since Mismagius is part of the Pokémon Center Halloween promotion, but it's still a nice treat. :D

Hmmm... I might be wrong here, but were missing something. This card is as ideal as N to 1, but in reality it can be quite hard to pull that off. It doesn't have that drawback of N (when both players had 1 prize left) because it's an ability, but how can someone use that card?

1) Level ball? Needs pre-evo on bench and to have survived long enough.
2) Can someone really have this card in his hand to play it right away? A year ago I would run 4 Genesect EX and still wouldn't draw one for 2 turns even after sycamore.
3) IF we say we run 1-1 line... it can be prized. Then this card backfires and it shows it is a liability.
4) Requires extra bench space.

MY conclusion: Great tech, with no real playability (don't get me wrong, people will definitely try it) as the problems to pull that combo off are too big.

Parallel City is #58. Rainbow Energy is #59. No Special Water or Fire Energy yet again...

What's the hold up TPC?

Also assuming Double Colorless is in Red Flash (Rainbow to help Mega Mewtwo X, DCE to help Mega Mewtwo Y).
This most likely will not happen, but maybe the Special Energies will be released in the English set and not the Japanese?

Hmmm... I might be wrong here, but were missing something. This card is as ideal as N to 1, but in reality it can be quite hard to pull that off. It doesn't have that drawback of N (when both players had 1 prize left) because it's an ability, but how can someone use that card?

1) Level ball? Needs pre-evo on bench and to have survived long enough.
2) Can someone really have this card in his hand to play it right away? A year ago I would run 4 Genesect EX and still wouldn't draw one for 2 turns even after sycamore.
3) IF we say we run 1-1 line... it can be prized. Then this card backfires and it shows it is a liability.
4) Requires extra bench space.

MY conclusion: Great tech, with no real playability (don't get me wrong, people will definitely try it) as the problems to pull that combo off are too big.
Agreed. At least of now, it doesn't look like it'll have as big an impact as intended. Limiting your opponent's hand is great but without getting a new hand, that mostly does nothing to help you come back.

Might be good for Bunnelby...gives you a degree of hand disruption while you mill the opponent.

I can see this going well with most deck just for the tech support. With with the Hoopa-shaymin combo allowing you to draw like a bat from hell, I can see its doing good against fast paced decks, such as mega ray.

Wow! Mismagius is an "auto-N"(except if this ability is blocked). With the Curse Deeply attack of its , this will "hunger" Mega Tyranitar because of the damage

This most likely will not happen, but maybe the Special Energies will be released in the English set and not the Japanese?

That or whichever of the two Japanese sets Rainbow was revealed from has one of them that just comes later alphabetically?

To be honest I see the special energies more likely coming in a Volcanion set. But who knows when that will be.

Looks like it could be interesting in a phsychic control deck. It might be good with trevanant or something like that.

I saw its ability and though ok a reprint of spooky whirlpool but then I saw it was prize cards at least hex maniac can shut it off for a turn

Oh Mismagius, how thee is copying N so closely. I feel like Pokémon is trying to make disruption decks a big thing again.

Back