'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

Very creative art and card which I always like and I think this will become a meta deck atleast trying. :)

Sadly though M Sceptile is not gonna make it easy for Gengar

Maybe they will make a stadium just for physics to evolve the 1st turn like they do for grass pokemon

Imagining that with Bats sends a chill down my spine...

"Bench Zubat, evolve to Golbat, 20 damage, evolve to Crobat, 30 damage"
"AZ, repeat"
"Super Scoop Up, Heads"

*you have lost connection to your opponent*

3u1NaOw.png

BLEEEHHHHHH!!!!

This card seems to have synergy with Gengar EX. Or maybe Virbank in Expanded? I think Crobat would be extremely clunky here considering these are both Stage 2s. The only perk of Gengar/Crobat is that pretty much every Pokémon would have free retreat.

Unless of course we get Psychic evo support, in which case, Bats would become a huge problem (especially with Toad)

So, first they were revealing pretty much all water-types (although they revealed a bunch grass types before that too), now it's the psychic-types... I hope the fire and the dragons are next...

I can read the kana enough to know that it's called "Burning Energy" but that's all I've got. WPM should have a good translation up as soon as he has it. :)

I can read the kana enough to know that it's called "Burning Energy" but that's all I've got. WPM should have a good translation up as soon as he has it. :)

I thought it was something that could be recycled, used endlessly or something...

Good. Finally the special Fire energy... though I was already expecting it to be called Burning Energy, it was kinda obvious. I really want to know what it does.

I'm betting the Fire Mega is Houndoom.

It's strange that they included the Special fire energy but not a special Water energy in Blue Impact... My guess is that the card will appear in the PalkiaEX + Golduck BREAK deck... or maybe the next set will focus/include a more relevant or popular Water-type Mega than Glalie, like Gyarados...

When I thought of this card I imagined it would go 2 ways.

Either:
-The effect would have something to do with the Burn condition. Like auto-burn, or making burn damage always land. But we already have Dangerous Energy with its effect of placing 2 damage counters (which is very similar to burn), so the other ideia I had was:

-Making it work like Recycle Energy from Neo Genesis (remember that?) seeing as most Fire pokémon have attacks that discard energy.

Looks like I guessed right except they made it better than Recycle Energy as that one sended the energy to the hand instead of going back to the pokémon.

This will be useful for a lot of Fire-type attackers for sure and combined with Flareon (I wasn't even remembering that possibility) the pool only expands, and I expect the Fire-type Mega from this set will make good work of it.

Would you be able to Blacksmith them?
Nope, as the special energy states that it is only a fire energy while its attached to a fire pokemon already.

Therefore it is technically not a fire energy while its not attached to anything, (Including when its in the discard pile)

Back