'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
Hmmm... I might be wrong here, but were missing something. This card is as ideal as N to 1, but in reality it can be quite hard to pull that off. It doesn't have that drawback of N (when both players had 1 prize left) because it's an ability, but how can someone use that card?

1) Level ball? Needs pre-evo on bench and to have survived long enough.
2) Can someone really have this card in his hand to play it right away? A year ago I would run 4 Genesect EX and still wouldn't draw one for 2 turns even after sycamore.
3) IF we say we run 1-1 line... it can be prized. Then this card backfires and it shows it is a liability.
4) Requires extra bench space.

MY conclusion: Great tech, with no real playability (don't get me wrong, people will definitely try it) as the problems to pull that combo off are too big.

Shiny Xard

'Cuz why not.
Parallel City is #58. Rainbow Energy is #59. No Special Water or Fire Energy yet again...

What's the hold up TPC?

Also assuming Double Colorless is in Red Flash (Rainbow to help Mega Mewtwo X, DCE to help Mega Mewtwo Y).
This most likely will not happen, but maybe the Special Energies will be released in the English set and not the Japanese?

asdjklghty

-------------
Hmmm... I might be wrong here, but were missing something. This card is as ideal as N to 1, but in reality it can be quite hard to pull that off. It doesn't have that drawback of N (when both players had 1 prize left) because it's an ability, but how can someone use that card?

1) Level ball? Needs pre-evo on bench and to have survived long enough.
2) Can someone really have this card in his hand to play it right away? A year ago I would run 4 Genesect EX and still wouldn't draw one for 2 turns even after sycamore.
3) IF we say we run 1-1 line... it can be prized. Then this card backfires and it shows it is a liability.
4) Requires extra bench space.

MY conclusion: Great tech, with no real playability (don't get me wrong, people will definitely try it) as the problems to pull that combo off are too big.
Agreed. At least of now, it doesn't look like it'll have as big an impact as intended. Limiting your opponent's hand is great but without getting a new hand, that mostly does nothing to help you come back.

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Might be good for Bunnelby...gives you a degree of hand disruption while you mill the opponent.

T1meshift

Aspiring Trainer
I can see this going well with most deck just for the tech support. With with the Hoopa-shaymin combo allowing you to draw like a bat from hell, I can see its doing good against fast paced decks, such as mega ray.

The Poke Tactics

Just a Pokemon fan.
Wow! Mismagius is an "auto-N"(except if this ability is blocked). With the Curse Deeply attack of its , this will "hunger" Mega Tyranitar because of the damage

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
This most likely will not happen, but maybe the Special Energies will be released in the English set and not the Japanese?

That or whichever of the two Japanese sets Rainbow was revealed from has one of them that just comes later alphabetically?

To be honest I see the special energies more likely coming in a Volcanion set. But who knows when that will be.

Crasher

VGC Player
Looks like it could be interesting in a phsychic control deck. It might be good with trevanant or something like that.

redsky22

Aspiring Trainer
I saw its ability and though ok a reprint of spooky whirlpool but then I saw it was prize cards at least hex maniac can shut it off for a turn

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
Oh Mismagius, how thee is copying N so closely. I feel like Pokémon is trying to make disruption decks a big thing again.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I'm kind of disappointed, if I'm being honest. I don't really care for the design of the new BREAK cards, at least what we've seen so far (I'm hoping they'll be better in person), and the addition of yet another "higher than rare" thing in sets is going to make many of these cards harder to pull. Of course, they could fix that by getting rid of another RR+ type of card, but I don't see EXes or M EXes going anywhere, so the only candidates for removal would be Gold Item URs, Shiny Pokémon URs, or FAs. If they get rid of FAs, though, I will be so sad.

NOTE: I am speaking from a purely collector's standpoint, since I no longer play.