'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

I'm kind of disappointed, if I'm being honest. I don't really care for the design of the new BREAK cards, at least what we've seen so far (I'm hoping they'll be better in person), and the addition of yet another "higher than rare" thing in sets is going to make many of these cards harder to pull. Of course, they could fix that by getting rid of another RR+ type of card, but I don't see EXes or M EXes going anywhere, so the only candidates for removal would be Gold Item URs, Shiny Pokémon URs, or FAs. If they get rid of FAs, though, I will be so sad.

NOTE: I am speaking from a purely collector's standpoint, since I no longer play.

That art! Sadly it's a stage 2, but I get the feeling we've got a bit of Stage 2 support left to come in this set...

This card looks like it has a lot of potential with a good attack and low retreat the only problem I see is getting it out. But it is great to see my favourite pokemon return.

Well, I have found my new XY-On deck. Besides the fact that it will actually be a viable deck, Gengar is my favorite pokemon and I have been trying to find a great pairing for dimension valley and Bats that doesn't revolve around an EX and that isn't Nightmarch.

Crobat+Gengar+Mega Tyranitar (for Destroyer King)=Awesome Combination!

Very awesome attack for its debut in a BW card format along w/ Gastly and Haunter.

I call the Gengar and Crobat deck as HALLOWEEN DECK!

Last edited by a moderator:
His face says it all, another great stage 2 Pokemon. Now, it would be nice if we got some new stage support.

Crobat+Gengar+Mega Tyranitar (for Destroyer King)=Awesome Combination!

They have practically the same role, K.O the opponent's Pokemon after you spread damage counters with Crobat. I would choose either Gengar or Tyranitar or else It's going to be very clunky.

I was hoping for something that made Theta Stop actually useful, but... Erm... Not like this, though I do like straight knockout attacks with some sort of gimmick. This is too easy, though.

That art is amazing!

And that card is... amazing! So much potential for synergy with all sorts of damage spreaders. Gengar / Bats / Absol is going to be a huge pain in the keister.

How about with Noivern for 30 damage to everything. Or if you don't wanna evolve it Kyurem EX can also do 30 to everything

Oh, this makes me happy. I love playing Noivern and this is going to make it viable against high HP Ex's. Even Wailord will be scared of this.

I wonder if this card will become meta enough for me to start wanting to run wonder energy in my fairy deck.

Back