'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
This Haunter was made to be in a deck that favors evolution. Evolve your Gastly on the bench, then evolve your active mon to check your own Confusion.

Which is annoying, because Gallade is the only potential evolved mon revealed so far worthy of being in the Active space. Not entirely sure if Full Heals and Switches make any better use in your deck. This set is kind of hard to justify working together so far...

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
Anyone else still hyped about the Cressellia? It's a freaking 110 HP non-EX with a nearly instant free retreat cost.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
This Haunter was made to be in a deck that favors evolution. Evolve your Gastly on the bench, then evolve your active mon to check your own Confusion.

Which is annoying, because Gallade is the only potential evolved mon revealed so far worthy of being in the Active space. Not entirely sure if Full Heals and Switches make any better use in your deck. This set is kind of hard to justify working together so far...
Sparkling Robe is a good counter.

Empoleon_master

Not if it isn't playable.
It's not meant to be used for its sucky attack, it's meant to be used as a basic you can start with, and not worry about starting with another thing you'd prefer you don't start with. It has a lot of potential for decks that don't have a good starter like Vespiquen, would you rather start with combee or a 110 hp basic that you can retreat into vespiquen the second you play down giant plant forest?

Shiny Xard

'Cuz why not.
It's not meant to be used for its sucky attack, it's meant to be used as a basic you can start with, and not worry about starting with another thing you'd prefer you don't start with. It has a lot of potential for decks that don't have a good starter like Vespiquen, would you rather start with combee or a 110 hp basic that you can retreat into vespiquen the second you play down giant plant forest?
If someone puts something like one in a deck, then most of the time your starting hand wouldn't include it, and Cress would be almost useless at that point.

FlippersMCgee

Aspiring Trainer
You'd need to add 4 copies of Cressellia to reliably start with it, which takes up deck space for something that really, isn't good. At all. It's a terrible card, but like the rest of them, we'll have to wait and seE

Rozureido

Aspiring Trainer
Parallel City is #58. Rainbow Energy is #59. No Special Water or Fire Energy yet again...

What's the hold up TPC?

Also assuming Double Colorless is in Red Flash (Rainbow to help Mega Mewtwo X, DCE to help Mega Mewtwo Y).

Pinecone

A Pinecone on the Beach
They have 2 specials left to hit every type, Fire and Water. The 2 sets are RED flash and BLUE impact. They decide to not print them... o_O

I'm worried we won't get them and the XY special energy set will forever be incomplete.

The Poke Tactics

Just a Pokemon fan.
Gothic Fear ability and Poison Ring for Haunter,these will pump up Machamp-EX , and Rainbow energy,it's good but cool! I hope more things to follow.

Empoleon_master

If someone puts something like one in a deck, then most of the time your starting hand wouldn't include it, and Cress would be almost useless at that point.
It's entire point is for decks that have no good starters and fear being kod if they don't set up instantly or run EXs that aren't called shaymin EX.

CYL

All hail Eevee!
They really can't lose N can they :p
It's the only card so far that can directly affect your hand. Don't blame them, though they could have made it, say, Malva (belonging to the evil organization, high-ranking, although not the boss himself).
Though I'd like to see a card that blocks players from drawing past a certain amount so they won't keep on Shaymin-ing.

Joseph Redd

Been a Gengar fan since Gen 1.
They really can't lose N can they :p
My thoughts exactly. Only this time they put it in an upon evolution ability that only affects your opponent. So I can see how they were trying to balance it out. Not sure yet if I like it or not. I guess time will tell...

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Oooooh, it's been a long time since we've had a Mismagius! I guess there was one in Legendary Treasures but it was only a theme deck release in Japan so I never got it, and before then was HGSS block. I guess I should have expected it since Mismagius is part of the Pokémon Center Halloween promotion, but it's still a nice treat. :D