BW/BW2 Black 2 and White 2 Discussion Thread

Wish dream radar was free. I'm also hoping for a 5th gen battle revolution. I'm very much looking forward to the games and im not going to spoil it like i did for the originals. That ruined the fun. Hopefully there will be a good aftergame. Personally there wasn't much there for me in the original BW.

reshiramdude said:
Wish dream radar was free. I'm also hoping for a 5th gen battle revolution. I'm very much looking forward to the games and im not going to spoil it like i did for the originals. That ruined the fun. Hopefully there will be a good aftergame. Personally there wasn't much there for me in the original BW.

It's weird we haven't gotten a gen 5 version of Pokemon stadium. I think they should leave this gen alone but eh.....I wouldn't care if it came out or not

Small piece of news:
Homika is confirmed to be the 2nd Gym Leader, and gives out the Toxic Badge.
Not really surprising since she was one of the first revealed, and I guess Shizui will be 3rd/4th Gym Leader.

@ Paddy185, and Homika uses a Koffing in the game, which means that we can almost confirm Weezing. *Weeze-ing*

I'm not really sure what to expect with Homika's team, since in the anime she is shown to have a Scolipede, Garbodor, and Koffing. These Pokemon (with the exception of Koffing) are more likely to be seen later in game, so could this be a hint towards Gym Leader rematches?
She is also confirmed to have two Pokemon (iirc), so I'm thinking something along the lines of Koffing + Venipede/Whirlipede, or Koffing + Trubbish.
Hoping for GL rematches, since that has become a tradition, being in Emerald, Platinum and HG/SS. However, we don't know what could happen, as we've never had direct sequels, and we have the World Tournament which could be a replacement for GL rematches.
Oh, and I want to know what the other Gym Leaders are doing (Unova). Possibly battled in the aftergame, or are we going to have it like the anime; being able to battle whichever Gym Leaders we want to to get our Badges?

Some new info is coming in for Black2 and White2 on Serebii. I just went to it now. Both N and Ghetsis will appear in the games, and N will keep his Zekrom (Black2) or Reshiram (White2) from the previous titles.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcVRR5SEN-0[/video]
[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=_CRRvATNOt8[/video]
[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=yhKSZm2MCkU[/video]

Kangaflora said:
Some new info is coming in for Black2 and White2 on Serebii. I just went to it now. Both N and Ghetsis will appear in the games, and N will keep his Zekrom (Black2) or Reshiram (White2) from the previous titles.

And, most likely, in the first commercial, after we see N's Zekrom (Black 2) and Reshiram (White 2), we then see Black Kyurem and White Kyurem in the game's 3D rendering. Based from what N says, he doesn't seem willing to fuse his Dragon with Ghetis' Kyurem.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NSlaZ8GZJNg[/video]
This trailer show that the guy with the weird hair, is part of Team Plasma.

Edit:
Whoo! 700th Post

PokemonVeteran3280 said:
What is the GameStop Pre Order Bonus?

Hasn't been announced yet.

But have some wild speculation anyway: Download codes for Dream Radar.

Quick news: Keldeo might be having a new forme. A piece of merchandise has Keldeo listed as its 'usual forme'. This indicates a new forme might be coming.

Today, one of the Japanese Pokémon voice actors accidentally revealed Keldeo's new forme as Resolution Forme, alongside it's already discovered "Usual Forme".

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but if the names are really "Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem" that would exceed the character limit. Or are these just the new form names and they'll still be called "Kyurem", like Giratina didn't change its name to "Giratina Origin Forme"...

Kangaflora said:
Today, one of the Japanese Pokémon voice actors accidentally revealed Keldeo's new forme as Resolution Forme, alongside it's already discovered "Usual Forme".

Yup.

Pokeplayer44 said:
Or are these just the new form names and they'll still be called "Kyurem", like Giratina didn't change its name to "Giratina Origin Forme"...

That would be my assumption.

The eight Gym Leaders that you'll face in B2W2 are:
*Cheren
*Roxie
*Burgh
*Elesa
*Clay
*Skyla
*Drayden
*Marlon

EDIT: All eight Gym Leaders are now placed in the order that they will be battled.
EDIT 2: The English names for Homika and Shizui have been revealed as Roxie and Marlon respectively.

It's only for Japanese copies of the games. If the WiFi is English and the game is Japanese, you will be able to download it.

Something very interesting I noticed about Akuroma's Battle Music:

In the song, as you should know, you can hear a countdown in different parts of the song, going "5...4...3...2...1..." and eventually "5, 4, 3, 2, 1" without any pause. Listen closely to how they are said in his theme here (the first countdown starts at 0:10, and another one can be heard at 0:59, and from there, the numbers are randomly chatted until 1:56 in the vid, which is when the song loops back and goes to that countdown)

Apparently, the countdown originally came from Dance Dance Revolution, specifically in the song Trip Machine. For anyone that is wondering, the Trip Machine songs (yes, it has spawned many remixes) are famous in DDR for being among the first and original "boss" songs (along with the Paranoia songs). Notably, the Trip Machine songs each had a countdown part that were said in the same way/voice as in Akuroma's Battle Theme. Yep that's right, if you want proof, you can click on the the link below to hear the original Trip Machine song, and you'll notice the same countdown spoken in Akuroma's Theme.

The orginal Trip Machine (the countdown part can be heard starting at 0:07 in the vid)

And in the cases with some other Trip Machine songs too.

Trip Machine -luv mix- (the countdown part can be heard starting at 1:02)

Trip Machine PhoeniX (the countdown part can be heard again starting at 0:07)

Other Trip Machine songs play the countdown in reverse (going 1, 2, 3, 4, and in this instance, it would be played around the middle of the song. One good example of a Trip Machine song with this version is Trip Machine Survivor; again, the countdown has the same voice). Also, the original Trip Machine was released in 1998, thus showing the validity that the countdown in Akuroma's Theme was taken from a DDR song.

BTW, all the Trip Machine songs I mentioned are official remixes from the Dance Dance Revolution games, not fan-made remixes.

Now, I really do apologize if this was the wrong thread to post this information, but because it is a Black and White 2 Discussion Thread, interesting observations can be discussed here, as I assumed, so that's why I put it on this thread. I mean, I really found it interesting that Game Freak actually decided to put some DDR elements into this game's music; yet, the turnout was pretty fantastic. The countdown parts in Akuroma's Battle Theme is one major reason why it is one of my favorite tracks in Pokemon Black and White 2 already (along with the Ghetsis Battle Theme).

Back