BW/BW2 Black 2 and White 2 Discussion Thread

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
(Approved by Chariblaze)

Well, we have enough information at this point classify these games as "revealed", so they no longer fit in the Future Games Speculation Thread. This thread is to discuss anything about Black 2 and White 2. Speculation, current information, ideas, anything.

Discussion of Ruby/Sapphire remakes still belongs in the Future Speculation thread, unless it pertains to Black and White 2. Legitimate theories, like "Hey that main character said he was from Hoenn and I should visit it sometime. Remakes?" Stuff like "OMG RED AND BLUE ARE COLORS THAT MEANS RUBY SAPPHIRE REMAKES" does not go here.

Proceed.

I actually hope there will be more gym leaders, because it's a sequel, so either the other gym leaders moved on or something. This game is going to be great, with all the new features added, like the characters moving their heads, and our rival making poses I believe, or pointing something out, I don't really know. I'm glad we have this thread now!

I'm still skeptical about this. It's a new turn for Pokemon and Nintendo have been dipping it's finger in sequels lately (Galaxy 2) and they have proved that they still can make a direct sequel. I dunno, I just thought the story carried B/W, no imagination in the Pokemon for the most part, bad level scaling *sigh* I hope they are going to try something new and not repeat the formula.

I haven't looked into B/W2 so I don't know if there is even a little bit of information, neither have I read the Future Games Speculation thread.

Edit: Thanks Chariblaze for showing me how useless I am.

"The magazine points out that there is new construction in the Resort Desert and that there is a new building with red and blue decorations. For the latter it says, “What’s it mean?” "

A nice throwback, but I don't think it will be something like THAT. Funnily enough the first thing I thought of was Red and Blue.
I also hope that there are returning characters, considering the pokedex is going to consist of 300 different Pokemon from all regions, I don't think it will be too out there to consider different characters from other regions.

ZOMG HOENN CUD BEE INN VIS GAAM
That aside, I want to see more legendaries. Maybe we could find Celebi in Pinwheel Forest, or Deoxys in Giant Chasm, I don't care. Just give me legendaries.

I agree with the legendaries. I personally think that the Abyssal Ruins could hold Kyogre, Lugia or possibly Palkia. However I don't want it to become like HG/SS in terms of legendaries, that was just ridiculous.

I would love to see Move Tutors around Unova. There are so many moves that aren't spread out with Pokemon, e.g. Drain Punch, the Elemental Punches etc.

As for Kyurem-B/W I want to find out how it transforms in-game. In a trailer for M15 I saw it showed Kyurem making some sort of energy in its tail, the energy surrounds Kyurem, and then it comes out as Kyurem-W. The tubes then come from the spikes on Kyurem's back and go into it's tail.
Make of this what you will.

Notice that Kyurem forme relative to the boxart is the same dragon that N took in BW.

To clarify: in Black, N took Zekrom, and in Black 2, the main dragon is Black Kyurem. Same scenario with White 2.

It's already a widespread theory, but something tells me that N is going to be involved somehow in this game, specifically with Kyurem.

Rusticks said:
Notice that Kyurem forme relative to the boxart is the same dragon that N took in BW.

To clarify: in Black, N took Zekrom, and in Black 2, the main dragon is Black Kyurem. Same scenario with White 2.

It's already a widespread theory, but something tells me that N is going to be involved somehow in this game, specifically with Kyurem.

Totally. Maybe Ghetsis takes N's dragon and then manages to use it to transform Kyurem into its respective formes, but he loses control and the player has to stop it or it will consume the region with it's newly gained power or something. I dunno.

Dialkia198 said:
ZOMG HOENN CUD BEE INN VIS GAAM
That aside, I want to see more legendaries. Maybe we could find Celebi in Pinwheel Forest, or Deoxys in Giant Chasm, I don't care. Just give me legendaries.

Celebi and Deoxys are currently event exclusive, it is highly unlikely that they will be in BW2.
You're other theory is more likely, Groudon or Kyogre could be in the Abbysal Ruins, in a different version to each other.
Palkia/Dialga is alot less likely because, where would they appear?

Blui129 said:
Celebi and Deoxys are currently event exclusive, it is highly unlikely that they will be in BW2

Mm, Deoxys is a borderline event exclusive. If one has Ranger 3 with the event Deoxys mission, one can get an infinite amount of Deoxys, apparently.

Palkia/Dialga is alot less likely because, where would they appear?

Hahaha, yeah, that's something more reserved for a Ranger game.

Here's something about the ice:

qgVHs3ghd0O14B-NvV365Q2.png

Yes, this is the real reason for the Unovian Ice Age!

Chariblaze said:
Mm, Deoxys is a borderline event exclusive. If one has Ranger 3 with the event Deoxys mission, one can get an infinite amount of Deoxys, apparently.
Yeah, I know Deoxys can get you infinate Deoxys, but you need a friend, and one that has a decent level and partner, that's why I have no legit Deoxys (borrowed from friend went to GTS traded, attacks Tackle/Haze/Psychic/PsychoBoost :/)

edit: Deoxys cannot appear in Giant Chasm because Kyurem was there, this would be impossible because Kyurem would be all get out now (not really :p) but one legend per area (unless in different versions (or ranger, or Mystery Dungeon))

The fact that Celebi and Deoxys are rare is all the more reason to include them in BW2.

Nah, I don't believe the game will have event exclusive pokémon (non-Unova at least). It just seems too unlikely...

Speaking of speculation, some of the fans on forums outside PokéBeach have speculated that The Gym Leaders of Striaton City (Cilan, Chili and Cress) are the Shadow Triad as their masks represent the three element monkeys used by these Gym Leaders. Oddly, they were the only three Gym Leaders whom did not come to the player's rescue.

If that were true, that would make them infinite% cooler

please let it be true

I found something interesting on Bulbapedia: the translation for the second Abyssal Ruins panel. It reads:

Life is gratitude.
Eating is receiving life.
Good or evil isn't all.
Do not be barbaric.
One must not waste.
All is precious.
Wars create tears.
Shine if agreed.

Call me crazy, but the first 6 lines seem to be, in a way, justifying Kyurem's, err, dietary habits. The second to last line may refer to how the war, as in the war between Truth and Ideals, caused Kyurem to look as weak as it is now.

Kangaflora said:
Speaking of speculation, some of the fans on forums outside PokéBeach have speculated that The Gym Leaders of Striaton City (Cilan, Chili and Cress) are the Shadow Triad as their masks represent the three element monkeys used by these Gym Leaders. Oddly, they were the only three Gym Leaders whom did not come to the player's rescue.

Sorry, but Bianca made it to the Straiton City Gym and they did not make it in time, that would be awesome though. Also hair style and colour, they are completely different to the Straiton Gym Leaders (esp. Cilan)

Blui129 said:
Sorry, but Bianca made it to the Straiton City Gym and they did not make it in time, that would be awesome though. Also hair style and colour, they are completely different to the Straiton Gym Leaders (esp. Cilan)

Don't know about the hair style, but Bianca being late doesn't change anything. If anything, it would be the perfect excuse, as that would mean no one would know where they are.

I like the theory, but coming from a storyteller's view, they weren't there because there's three of them, and only seven sages, who were already occupied with the others. Also, they were the only leaders that didn't really have an out-of-gym interaction in the story.

Is it me, or do these Black/White 2 characters look more Japanese than the Black/White 1 characters? By that, I mean choice of clothing, hair (as wild as it is, I suppose), and the overall increased fetishistic nature of the characters. The Black/White 1 characters, at least the playable characters, the Juniper family, and the Gym Leaders, seemed to embody more western looks and behavior. (N doesn't, but he doesn't count because he's weird.) Hilbert and Hilda wear what American kids their age might wear (except for possibly those short shorts), and we have decidedly western influences on the character design, most notably Lenora and Clay.

For Black/White 2 though, we have a girl with a highly unusual and perhaps physically impossible hairstyle wearing an impossibly short skirt, a boy in oddly wide khaki shorts that's more associated with scruffy middle-aged mountain men (or scruffy artists) than guys his age and a visor only beach-goers and tourists wear, a tweenage tsundere with oversized clothing and an undersized skirt, a boy with a spiky anime afro and tight-fitting jeans, and a man who seems to have Tron lines on his shirt and a lab coat that must've required a restaurant's supply of starch to keep stiff. Shizui is the only one who looks even remotely like he'd fit in in an America-themed place.

Where are all the wife beaters, sunglasses, women in loose and long-sleeved pants, hoodies, untied sneakers, jewelry, tank tops, jeans work down low so as to expose your underwear, and baseball caps merely placed (and not fitted) on one's head? For that matter, where are all the regular T-shirts, collared shirts, dress shoes, occupation-related hats, cotton or polyester jackets, turtleneck sweaters, cardigans, and normal-length socks?

Ophie said:
Is it me, or do these Black/White 2 characters look more Japanese than the Black/White 1 characters?

Yeah, the Japanese have a weird selection of hairstyles. lol

Back