Best EX?

Best EX?

• Total voters
And so in the example provided you are going to draw into 3 of your 4 unsearchable Prisms to be able to KO an Eel for 1 prize and then lose 2 prizes on the following turn? No thanks. Mew EX is not good enough to be its own deck, and too few meta decks actually run Prism/Rainbow anyway for it to be of any use in them.

Dark Void said:
And so in the example provided you are going to draw into 3 of your 4 unsearchable Prisms to be able to KO an Eel for 1 prize and then lose 2 prizes on the following turn? No thanks. Mew EX is not good enough to be its own deck, and too few meta decks actually run Prism/Rainbow anyway for it to be of any use in them.
Who says we need 3 prism? You only need two. Also, who says they can ko you next turn? You just took out their eelektrik, and mew essentially has 140 hp. I'm not saying Mew EX is broken or anything, but it's really underrated and can take a lot of players by surprise.
EDIT: Just realized that if you're pairing Mew EX with Zebstrika, you only need one prism.

pokemonjoe said:
Who says we need 3 prism? You only need two. Also, who says they can ko you next turn? You just took out their eelektrik, and mew essentially has 140 hp. I'm not saying Mew EX is broken or anything, but it's really underrated and can take a lot of players by surprise.
EDIT: Just realized that if you're pairing Mew EX with Zebstrika, you only need one prism.

How does Mew essentially have 140 hp? Even still, 2 Prisms is extremely hard to hit, 2 Prisms and a Eviolite/Large Cloak is even harder. You don't seem to be understanding my point anyway: If you're using Mew EX to copy your own attacks, its always better to just use that Pokemon since Mew is very luck-based to draw into the Prisms and there should only be a few cards even worth copying that your deck doesn't already include/have a way to be more efficient due to how its built. Ie using Mew in an Eel deck to copy Terrakion or Rayquaza when you could just use your own Rayquaza.

Dark Void said:
How does Mew essentially have 140 hp? Even still, 2 Prisms is extremely hard to hit, 2 Prisms and a Eviolite/Large Cloak is even harder. You don't seem to be understanding my point anyway: If you're using Mew EX to copy your own attacks, its always better to just use that Pokemon since Mew is very luck-based to draw into the Prisms and there should only be a few cards even worth copying that your deck doesn't already include/have a way to be more efficient due to how its built. Ie using Mew in an Eel deck to copy Terrakion or Rayquaza when you could just use your own Rayquaza.
That's the thing. For the most part, you don't use Mew to copy your own attacks. As you said, you might as well be using your own pokemon. Mew EX is used to use the opponent's attacks without running tons of pokemon yourself. You have access to a total of 12 energy that function as rainbow energy. With sufficent draw power, it's not that hard to draw into your energy.

pokemonjoe said:
That's the thing. For the most part, you don't use Mew to copy your own attacks. As you said, you might as well be using your own pokemon. Mew EX is used to use the opponent's attacks without running tons of pokemon yourself. You have access to a total of 12 energy that function as rainbow energy. With sufficent draw power, it's not that hard to draw into your energy.

12 rainbow energy? Explain. Also, your deck has to have a lot of dedication to Mew EX (several Mew, several DCE) and in the end its damage output and survivability is worse than the main attacker in any deck. You could use it in Durant as a counter to Heatmor, but Durant will be dead anyway. There are no other situations where it will surpass using your main attacker. Also, Prisms can't be energy accelerated. The opponent can simply Catcher+KO your Mew for 2 prizes before you can even attack with it in most scenarios.

He can have 12 energy through Prism and the two Dragon set energies, but even then you only have an option of 4 different types of energy for each one. Rainbow will be rotated (assuming a rotation happens).

But that's honestly a very bad way to play. You are completely at the mercy of Remodling Hammer, you have no way of retrieving energy, and you still have to discard them when you use Rayquaza EX's, Thundurus's, Raikou's, Zekrom EX's, Reshiram's, and most likely more.

So... low HP combined with an EX, dependent on Special Energies and the opponent, and no way to retrieve them from your discard pile (other than Recycle... but honestly?), etc....

Dark Void said:
12 rainbow energy? Explain. Also, your deck has to have a lot of dedication to Mew EX (several Mew, several DCE) and in the end its damage output and survivability is worse than the main attacker in any deck. You could use it in Durant as a counter to Heatmor, but Durant will be dead anyway. There are no other situations where it will surpass using your main attacker. Also, Prisms can't be energy accelerated. The opponent can simply Catcher+KO your Mew for 2 prizes before you can even attack with it in most scenarios.

Please listen to me. You wouldn't use Mew to copy your own pokemon. You can use it as a tech to copy the opponent's pokemon without having to run them.

pokemonjoe said:
Please listen to me. You wouldn't use Mew to copy your own pokemon. You can use it as a tech to copy the opponent's pokemon without having to run them.

My point is not that you are using Mew to use the attack(s) of your main attacker. My point is that your main attacker should always be more consistent and often deals more damage than Mew, and Mew doesn't help in any matchup so its not worth it as a tech. And, if you're running Mew as your main attacker, your whole deck gets foiled very easily by anything.

Dark Void said:
My point is not that you are using Mew to use the attack(s) of your main attacker. My point is that your main attacker should always be more consistent than Mew, and if you're running Mew as your main attacker then your whole deck gets foiled very easily by anything.
Well, yeah. I never said that either. That's a bad idea, I agree with you. You should run other attackers, and you should use Mew about as much or a little less than you use your other attackers.

So since we agree that its not a main attacker and its not used to copy your own attacks, then it must be a tech against some matchup. But what matchup can it actually do any good against?

Dark Void said:
So since we agree that its not a main attacker and its not used to copy your own attacks, then it must be a tech against some matchup. But what matchup can it actually do any good against?
Any matchup where the opponent has a broken attack. You shouldn't add Mew to copy your own pokemon, but if you do copy your own pokemon, it takes less pressure off of streaming your attacker.

alexmf2 said:
What Pokemon has a broken attack that doesn't need support?
Rayquaza needs support, but with Mew, you're not trying to attack consistently with the same attack like Rayquaza is, rather you're trying to use a broken attack, use a different attack, use a different attack, then use a broken attack again. Mew EX is really inconsistent in the way it attacks. No game is the same. Which is why it's good. It's hard to prepare against it knowing any attack can be used against you.

pokemonjoe said:
Rayquaza needs support, but with Mew, you're not trying to attack consistently with the same attack like Rayquaza is, rather you're trying to use a broken attack, use a different attack, use a different attack, then use a broken attack again. Mew EX is really inconsistent in the way it attacks. No game is the same. Which is why it's good. It's hard to prepare against it knowing any attack can be used against you.

How could any attack be used? You still need to set up the other pokemon and have the energies needed on Mew. Also, Mew is really easy to OHKO.

So your using Rayquaza's attack to KO the opponent's Rayquaza. This uses up 3 turns of energy attachments and needed Special Energy. Now what attack are you going to use with only one energy at your disposal? And why would they even have Rayquaza out? They could just massacre you with Zekroms.

iisnumber12 said:
How could any attack be used? You still need to set up the other pokemon and have the energies needed on Mew. Also, Mew is really easy to OHKO.

What do you mean set up the other pokemon?

pokemonjoe said:
Blui129: I want you to look at the worlds winning deck of 2006.

I know that won worlds but look at most of the other Mew. Hardly and are playable.

Back