Art Gallery Avatars and Art v.2. [Xerneas and Yveltal Avatars Added in Latest Post]

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Zekrom v.3 added.

Hey again bro, Flameh back for more :D lol

Is it okay if I use Gardevoir for a fake card please? It'll be posted around the usual places, mainly here in the EX: Darkness Reborn thread, Acanthite and on DA. :D

EDIT: It says the "upload file is too large". What do I do?
You're supposed to be using the small box-avatar versions. The maximum avatar size is 150x150, and as such Xous' full arts are too big. Select the smaller version for your avatar instead.

Nevermind.

Using Shiny Suicune v.2. Thanks!

EDIT: Changed my mind, using Samurott v.2.

Flame Claw said:
Hey again bro, Flameh back for more :D lol

Is it okay if I use Gardevoir for a fake card please? It'll be posted around the usual places, mainly here in the EX: Darkness Reborn thread, Acanthite and on DA. :D

Remember, no need to ask permission as long as it's not LEGEND artwork. :3

So yes, that's fine.
---

Added Kameeleaf, Calfire, and Fawng to the thread. Avatars for them can be located in the "Fakemon" post at the bottom of page 2.

Here's their basic information:

Kameeleaf (Chameleon + Leaf)
Chameleon Pokémon
GRASS
"Kameeleaf use their strong tails to hang from branches to get better shots at prey with their long, sticky tongues. Their rotating eyes give them an incredible field of vision."
---
Calfire (Calf + Fire)
Calf Pokémon
FIRE
"Calfire enjoy setting fire to things but don't mean to do so maliciously. Although small, they can pull up to 20 times their own weight."
---
Fawng (Fawn + Fang)
Water Deer Pokémon
WATER
"Although born with sharp fangs, Fawng eat grasses and reeds. Despite their build, they are adept swimmers and can walk on the surface of water for a short period of time."
---

Kameeleaf: Since all of the other Grass starters are reptiles, of course Kameeleaf had to follow suit. Unfortunately, having that as a limitation made it hard to come up with something that wasn't already a Pokémon. So, in the end I picked a chameleon. Yes, I know Kecleon is a chameleon, but that doesn't mean there can't be more than one.

Calfire: All of the Fire starters are an animal from the Chinese Zodiac, so that's what I had to choose from. In the end, the Ox was the animal I could think of the most ideas for. I tried my best to make sure it didn't look too much like Tepig, but the two animals are similar in some ways, so it couldn't be helped. Thankfully its evolutions will look unique enough to justify the similar design.

Fawng: I had a hard time coming up with the Water starter. I wanted it to be something that could walk on land, so something like a dolphin was out of the question. After a few weeks of planning, I remembered water deer, which are basically fanged deer. Water's right in the name, so I had to do it. Its design does look a bit like Deerling, but again, it couldn't be helped. There's only so much I could do. xD

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Fakemon Starters added.

Ohmaigawd... SOOOO ADORIBLEEEEEE!!!! *dies of how cute Fawng is*
Would you mind if I re-drew that on paper, hung it on my wall, and stared at it, all day long?

KAMEELEAF IS A STRAIGHT-UP G
Nice work man, I hope you plan on doing evolutions. ;)

Ah, really? Sweet, you truly are a great man Xous *gives cookies*.

Im gonna use the Darkrai avatar (the third one). I would love to see Deino also. I'd flip out.

Kameeleaf is my favorite. Fawng looks like Deerling. But it's OK.

I'll be using the following Stunfisk art on a Pokemon card that will be posted on Deviant Art:
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/162/a/7/stunfisk_by_xous54-d3ineqk.png
Thanks!

I'll be using the following art for Pokemon cards that will be posted on Deviant Art:
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/030/a/c/conkeldurr_v_2_by_xous54-d38f657.png
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/122/7/b/throh_by_xous54-d3fflc2.png
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/122/2/d/sawk_by_xous54-d3fflk9.png
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/341/1/8/kojondo_by_xous54-d34frc0.png

Thanks!

EDIT: I'll also be using this Zekrom art for a Pokemon card that will be posted on Deviant Art:
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/361/4/6/zekrom_v_2_by_xous54-d35s3pw.png

I like the starters, Xous. What are they supposed to be based off of? (I mean, what animals are they based off of.)

I will be using the Umbreon V1 shiny. Thanks Xous!

Going to use Braviary! Thanks!

I'll be using articuno thanks!

Sweet Dawn Berlitz said:
I like the starters, Xous. What are they supposed to be based off of? (I mean, what animals are they based off of.)

He has descriptions in his post just a few above yours:
Xous said:
Kameeleaf: Since all of the other Grass starters are reptiles, of course Kameeleaf had to follow suit. Unfortunately, having that as a limitation made it hard to come up with something that wasn't already a Pokémon. So, in the end I picked a chameleon. Yes, I know Kecleon is a chameleon, but that doesn't mean there can't be more than one.

Calfire: All of the Fire starters are an animal from the Chinese Zodiac, so that's what I had to choose from. In the end, the Ox was the animal I could think of the most ideas for. I tried my best to make sure it didn't look too much like Tepig, but the two animals are similar in some ways, so it couldn't be helped. Thankfully its evolutions will look unique enough to justify the similar design.

Fawng: I had a hard time coming up with the Water starter. I wanted it to be something that could walk on land, so something like a dolphin was out of the question. After a few weeks of planning, I remembered water deer, which are basically fanged deer. Water's right in the name, so I had to do it. Its design does look a bit like Deerling, but again, it couldn't be helped. There's only so much I could do. xD

As always bro -- awesome work. Let me know if you'd ever like them TCG-ified! I'm always happy to do requests for ya. I can whip up some spiffy new blanks for your region, too. :)

Is anyone else using Fawng? I don't want to break the avatar rule.

I'll use the bottom Reshiram avatar, thx
Also on the following websites:
bisafans.de
raupyboard.de

PS Also I'd like to see another version of Umbreon

CMP said:
As always bro -- awesome work. Let me know if you'd ever like them TCG-ified! I'm always happy to do requests for ya. I can whip up some spiffy new blanks for your region, too. :)

Thanks for the offer. I'll keep that in mind. :3

And to LuckyPokeGirl: Nope, as far as I know no one is using the Fawg avatar currently. :3 (Unless they never posted here, then I'd have to hunt them down and give them a talking-to.)

Anyway, I'm currently trying to find out if the avatar rule can be returned to what it used to be, which allowed everyone to have whatever avatar they wanted (as long as it wasn't offensive, etc.). However, if it's decided that the rule isn't going to change, I'm going to have to make some changes to the rules of this thread.

Back