Art Gallery Avatars and Art v.2. [Xerneas and Yveltal Avatars Added in Latest Post]

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Fakemon Starters added.

*is shocked at Xous's new banner* Kammeleaf's second evolve is a Libbeeleaf? Calfire's second evolve is a... Calflame? And Fawng's evolve is a Defnnang? Only a idea for the names, thanks!

Wow,the new fakemon(and evos) are EPIC! Great job as usual!:D:D:D

Xous, are you planning on making Avatars for the fake-starter evos? *stares in awe at Fawng's final evo*

Hi. I'm using Emboar. That is all for now.
also afaik no one is using that one currently.

Awesome starters. This is the first time since RSE that I've actually liked all three starter designs. I especially like the Kameeleaf line. Game freak needs to hire you so we don't ever have a repeat of the starters from DPP and BW.

Shadow Arceus said:
Awesome starters. This is the first time since RSE that I've actually liked all three starter designs. I especially like the Kameeleaf line. Game freak needs to hire you so we don't ever have a repeat of the starters from DPP and BW.
QFT

To PokemonRulez101: Not that I know of, so you can use it. I'm still trying to get the avatar rule changed back to something a little more reasonable, so unfortunately no updates on any changes.
---

I will make avatars for each of the starters' evolutions, but it's going to be a little while until I can.

Fakemon Starters Second Stages
Fakemon Starters Final Stages

Here's the basic information on them:
Second Stages
Code:
Keleflage (Kelelesa, an Indonesian term for Chameleon + Camouflage)
Camouflage Pokémon
GRASS
"Keleflage are able to move with astounding speed and maneuverability, using their prehensile tails to launch themselves across the forest with ease. However, they're normally slothful and stay put for hours on end. Forest tribes believe they do so to keep their ever-growing minds focused so they can predict the future."

Pyrox (Pyro + Ox)
Fire Ox Pokémon
FIRE / DARK
"With tempers as hot as their flames, Pyrox are feared by people and Pokémon alike. They travel in large herds and terrorize the lands they visit, setting fire to forests and villages and trampelling anything that gets in their path."

Torrusk (Torrent + Tusk)
Fanged Deer Pokémon
WATER 
"Torrusk normally live alone and hone their fang-based attacks all day long in the harsh cold of the north. If two should ever meet, they'll begin fighting using their fangs in an attempt to prove which is stronger."
---

Keleflage: Original name was Chambranch, but I thought Keleflage sounded cooler. With this next step in Kameeleaf's evolution, I wanted to hint at what kind of powers the final stage will be able to pull off. I'm sure it's obvious going by the description. And just so no one asks, Keleflage is just pure Grass-Type at this stage because its "powers" aren't really at a level in which they're usable in battle.

Pyrox: Original name was Pyroxen, but I dropped the -en because the name didn't really roll off the tongue. Sure, Pyrox is a little simplistic, but I still like it. Anyway, with Pyrox I wanted to show where the Calfire line is going - not another Fire/Fighting, but instead Fire/Dark. They're very mean Pokémon when they evolve, and its final evolution will really expand on that.

Torrusk: Not too much to say about this guy. It's a relatively simple step up from Fawng, but that's intentional. Overall the line evolves with reasonable differences (similar to, say, the Mudkip line) instead of huge design changes (like the Oshawott line). The changes are still enough to make them look acceptable as evolutions, though. :3

Final Stages
Code:
Arkimaleon (Archmage / Archimage + Chameleon)
Shaman Pokémon
GRASS / PSYCHIC
"Forest tribes worship it for its amazing psychic abilities, which it can use to see the future. When it disappears using its camouflage, many believe it actually vanishes into a different realm. It shakes the beads on its legs and tail to put itself in a magical trance and enhance its psychic powers."
Base Stats: (HP/ATK/DEF/S.ATK/S.DEF/SPEED)
80 / 78 / 74 / 117 / 85 / 100
Move Learn List:
Level/Attack
-- Megahorn
-- Tackle
-- Tail Whip
7 Razor Leaf
9 Growth
13 Camouflage
16 Horn Attack
20 Tail Slap
24 Future Sight
28 Leaf Blade
32 Barrier
38 Psychic
44 Hypnosis
50 Horn Leech
56 Calm Mind
62 Leaf Storm

Minotorch (Minotaur + Torch)
Minotaur Pokémon
FIRE / DARK
"It leads foolhardy travelers deep into its labyrinth using torches made of its flames. Once the travelers are deep inside, it extinguishes the torches and leaves its prey lost in the darkness. Then the hunt begins."
120 / 120 / 70 / 90 / 70 / 64
Move Learn List:
Level/Attack
-- Megahorn
-- Tackle
-- Growl
7 Ember
9 Fury Attack
13 Focus Energy
16 Beat Up
20 Horn Attack
24 Punishment
28 Flamethrower
32 Take Down
38 Fire Punch
44 Sucker Punch
50 Head Smash
56 Nasty Plot
62 Flare Blitz

Sabretain (Sabre Tooth + Chevrotain, a type of fanged deer)
Frozen Fang Pokémon
WATER / ICE
"Sabretain are prideful and live alone their entire lives, making sightings extremely rare. Because of this, they are often referred to as gods of the icy forests they inhabit. Their hooves emit a mysterious force that allows them to walk on the surface of water."
85 / 110 / 75 / 108 / 70 / 86
Move Learn List:
Level/Attack
-- Megahorn
-- Tackle
-- Leer
7 Water Gun
9 Charm
13 Fury Attack
16 Aqua Ring
20 Aqua Jet
24 Ice Fang
28 Jump Kick
32 Roar
38 Icicle Crash
44 Aqua Tail
50 Swords Dance
56 Blizzard
62 Hydro Pump
---

Arkimaleon: Based on the horned chameleon. I wanted the Kameeleaf line to be something other than just Grass-Type chameleons, so I decided to take a different route in the end. The shaman / witch doctor idea was the most interesting idea I could think up, so I went with that. The head is supposed to look like a witch doctor’s headdress. The shaking idea just came from the fact that whenever I think of a tribal shaman casting spells, I think of him shaking a magical staff with leaves, beads, and skulls on the top. 

Minotorch: Thanks to MrCoal for the idea of the Calfire line ending with a minotaur. When I first thought up the evolutions I had it evolving into a big Ox, but it felt very dull compared to a minotaur. Because of the minotaur’s mythology it allowed me to expand on the Dark aspect a lot better. The fire on its head starts at the top and travels down its back a bit, like a mane. They wait deep within their labyrinth and can sense anything that happens inside, so when travelers get led inside by the torches Minotorch set, they can immediately extinguish them from anywhere inside the labyrinth and begin hunting down the travelers.

Sabretain: I shaped the fur on its chest to look a little like a scarf blowing in the wind to make the Ice aspect a little more believable. I didn’t make the antlers anything astounding, since water deer aren’t supposed to have antlers in the first place and its main forms of attack are meant to be its fangs. Sabretain are supposed to be mysterious and very rare Pokémon, so the overall design is very “flowing” to give it an elegant appearance.

ahahahahahahahahaha they all start with Megahorn

Interestingly enough, the middle-stages of all of these starters are actually the kind of middle-stages you'd actually like to see, and not just incredibly ugly ones (*coughCombuskencough*). This...actually pleases me. I'm not exactly a big fan of the Water line, but at least all of the final evos have interesting dual-types.

I assume you have Dex entries written for all of these already, but would you mind if I wrote DNA-Dex style entries for your Fakemon? (DNA-Dex is right now a script I have on the chat that brings up Pokedex entries with a few keystrokes.) They look really cool and I think it'd be nice if they got entries.

DNA said:
ahahahahahahahahaha they all start with Megahorn

I assume you have Dex entries written for all of these already, but would you mind if I wrote DNA-Dex style entries for your Fakemon? (DNA-Dex is right now a script I have on the chat that brings up Pokedex entries with a few keystrokes.) They look really cool and I think it'd be nice if they got entries.

xD Yeah, the Megahorn bit was just something I realized after designing their second stages. I quickly realized they all had horns in their second and final stages, so instead of trying to avoid it I just accepted it as a "unifying theme" between them and made them all capable of learning Megahorn by Heart Scale.

As far as the Dex entries go... I guess it couldn't hurt. Would you need additional information on any of them, or would the information I provided in their descriptions be enough?

How about you send me a PM with all information you think is relevant? I won't need base stats or level-up moves, unless you think those might help. I'll whip them up within the next couple days and then ask you what you think.

Just a quick suggestion I thought of. What if you had a list of all your avatars, and whenever someone posts saying that they're using it, you put their name next to the avatar. Then, all people need to do it post if they switch / remove the avatar, and you can keep track of who's using the avatars under this new system.

If you wanted, I'd go through and do the list and stuff.

pokemon99 said:
Just a quick suggestion I thought of. What if you had a list of all your avatars, and whenever someone posts saying that they're using it, you put their name next to the avatar. Then, all people need to do it post if they switch / remove the avatar, and you can keep track of who's using the avatars under this new system.

If you wanted, I'd go through and do the list and stuff.

You gotta remember how much work that'll take, and that there are members who have not been active, unless you wanna look back like 58 pages and the old art thread.

Could I please use the starter banner on the first post?

Thanks!

-PR101

I will be using http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv149...rXousM.png because someone is using the one I already have

I'm using Golurk v. 1 :)

PokemonRulez101 said:
Could I please use the starter banner on the first post?

Thanks!

-PR101

It's not a banner, and like I said in the rules, I don't want my non-avatar Fakemon art used by anyone else at all. So unfortunately no, you can't use it.

To DNA: Sure, I'll do that later today.

Gliscor said:
You gotta remember how much work that'll take, and that there are members who have not been active, unless you wanna look back like 58 pages and the old art thread.

If the members aren't active, then I don't see how having the same avatars as them is a problem.

Xous, would you like me to start making a list? Or do you want to wait and see if you can get the rule changed?

No, I'll do it. I'll update the list later... Wait, this is impossible.

And someone is copying Nickwolff2's avatar... Without even posting in this thread.

Back