Art Gallery Avatars and Art v.2. [Xerneas and Yveltal Avatars Added in Latest Post]

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Galvantula v.2 (Normal and Shiny) added.

I'll be using the Yveltal for my avatar. Thanks!

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Galvantula v.2 (Normal and Shiny) added.

I have many new pieces of art to add to the thread (Sylveon and a few Generation 3 favorites) but I don't really have the time to upload everything right now. In the meantime, I did complete a Xerneas "LEGEND"-esque piece:

legendary_xerneas_by_xous54-d5vhaqp.png

I may end up making one for Yveltal, but at the moment I'm not really sure.

Xous said:
I have many new pieces of art to add to the thread (Sylveon and a few Generation 3 favorites) but I don't really have the time to upload everything right now. In the meantime, I did complete a Xerneas "LEGEND"-esque piece:

Holy moley how did you do that? It's so pretty and awesome!!!
Some kind of 3D model program?

Arcticwhite said:
Xous said:

3D model program? Nah, I just drew it. Everything there was done by hand / tablet.

Does it really look 3D? That style is meant to look faux-3D, but I'm still far from being able to make it look close to 3D.

Xous said:
Arcticwhite said:

3D model program? Nah, I just drew it. Everything there was done by hand / tablet.

Does it really look 3D? That style is meant to look faux-3D, but I'm still far from being able to make it look close to 3D.

How did you draw it like that? I always try to draw 3D on Photoshop, but the shading and everything looks weird, especially when I try to draw art for EX cards and lv. X cards. How????

Arcticwhite said:
Xous said:

How did you draw it like that? I always try to draw 3D on Photoshop, but the shading and everything looks weird, especially when I try to draw art for EX cards and lv. X cards. How????

Basically, I just colored the art in, then colored over the outline so that it blended with the colors. (As I colored over the outline, I used the color that was closest to the area I was coloring in.) It's something that takes a lot of practice, and it's taken me years to get where I am now. When I started drawing in that style it didn't look nearly as convincing.

Xous, why are you not Sugimori yet?

Antler-mon looks fantastic! Can't wait for 'three-wings'.

Well, I never planned on actually making a piece for Yveltal, but I did anyway:

legendary_yveltal_by_xous54-d5w1yns.png

I should be uploading Sylveon and the other Pokémon I promised earlier within the next few hours.

Edit: Added Sylveon, Blaziken v.2, Aggron, Flygon v.3, and Absol v.2 to the thread.

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Sylveon, Blaziken, Aggron, Flygon, Absol added.

I'll be using the Deoxys-A avatar. Thanks, Xous!

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Sylveon, Blaziken, Aggron, Flygon, Absol added.

Those are awesome.

I'll be using Flygon v.3.

I will be using the latest version of Absol.

I'll be using Sylveon as my avatar.

EDIT: Actually never mind, going to use Blaziken v2 as my avatar instead.

I'll also be using Blaziken v2 (my favorite pokemon)

You should make LEGEND avatars for Yveltal and Xerneas. :p
They're too awesome to pass up.

I'll be using Charizard V.2 Shiny. Thanks!

Using Absol v2

Back