August's English Set: 'Darkness Ablaze,' Plus Two New Types of Products!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, May 4, 2020.

1. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

I was shown a majority of the set's cards, so the list is unofficially official! :p Any gaps were logical fill-ins, except for the two rainbow rares I mentioned.

ronangorski likes this.

2. Kangaflora Aspiring Trainer
    Kangaflora

It is a shame that Absol, Victini and Zygarde were cut from the set. Hopefully they will be in either our September set or our November (End of Year) set.

3. OVERGRO Pokemon is lyfe.
    OVERGRO

I knew it as soon as I saw them back in May that they would be reprints. Extremely disappointing, baffling, strange... all things that we associate with Pokemon now I guess, much to my dismay :(

As far as Theme Deck meta goes, GalDarma will probably be interesting because it contains Pokemon of two types (remember when that used to be the norm?) but using the same Energy, so it'll be able to hit two types for weakness. The two GalDarmas aren't that great, but the Ice type one OHKOs Charizard + 10 to the entire Bench for WCC so that's not too bad if you can consistently 2HKO. It's going to struggle against Rillaboom though (who in turn struggles against Charizard, haha).

I wonder what the secondary Pokemon will be in Sirfetch'd. Hopefully Tyranitar but that's probably wishful thinking. More likely Hippowdon or Diggersby. Unless it comes with a good supportive Trainer engine I just don't see Sirfetch'd being that great though.

The Fish likes this.
  4. Luplayz The Master of bad Pokemon
    Luplayz

woop! i pretty much called the zen mode!

[​IMG]
    (it happpened when the theme decks were first revealed)

5. ShaQuL That's what I do, I clown on you.
    ShaQuL

No it isn't, pre-releases have been a thing for years. I'm not sure what you're saying, since Pokemon themselves advertise said events on their website.

6. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

Where did you get the actual factual English cards? I want to see the cards on its full glory. Pls

7. Xeno Zacian: The best boi
    Xeno

Am I the only one who was read V-MAX Grimmsnarl's attack and was confused as hell?

Eternatus V +VMAX with Grimmsnarl V + VMax seem like a potent dark type combo.

Scizor VMax seems like quite the combo (With Zacian V + ADP) as well.

Overall nothing toooo big in this set (yes I know Crobat V, wooh wooh)

8. Pokécario Aspiring Trainer
    Pokécario

I’m pretty sure he can’t show that to us

9. SableyeGuy Aspiring Trainer
    SableyeGuy

Whats confusing about the attack?

10. Xeno Zacian: The best boi
    Xeno

The wording had me really confused.

It's not a 2 energy attack, its a 3, it said it doesn't do bonus damage after *2* energy.

11. Kaizaac Aspiring Trainer
    Kaizaac

No water type V Cards? Disaspointed. I was hoping the might bring Wailord V in.

12. The Fish 0.o
    The Fish

I’m very surprised that the gym promo reprints (Dartrix/cufant/trapinch/spinarak) weren’t included, but some cards from the Japanese theme decks were (ampharos/melmetal).
    I REALLY wanted that Trapinch :(
    I don’t really see how they’ll bring them into English form now, unless it’s through blister promos.

For all we know there could be a Coalossal or Frosmoth included for either of them. How crazy would that be XD. Also the secondary mon in SirFetch’d will be hitting Thundurus and Lanturn for weakness so the Dragonite deck might be less good. If either deck gets Furret or Dugtrio this’ll be a meta reliant on coin flips which is never good (remember Rapidash in Charizard?)

13. FireLizard Dragon shipper
    FireLizard

The best thing of this set is that my all-time favourite Pokèmon(Decidueye,Charizard,Talonflame,Staraptor and Corviknight)are in.I wasn't so excited for a TGC set since Celestial Storm!

14. Plaquesanta ೭੧(❛〜❛✿)੭೨
    Plaquesanta

I haven't been on this forum for a few years, but the big surprising thing for me is the return of a Night March variant (with more night marchers) for a new era.

Given the lack of discard power available right now, it won't be very good in standard, but I could see it being super annoying in expanded, where there are plenty of ways to get around the fact that there's only one basic attacker with a [cc] attack cost.

15. TheRealBro.. Let's get drowzee
    TheRealBro..

Is it me or does every Gardevoir art since XY look the same.. Meh. Also, no Charizard RR, whether it was always going to be so or not, it sucks.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  16. GM DracLord Shadow of Death
    GM DracLord

Not 1 but both featured card for the theme deck are reprint plus they are both recent reprint, don't they have other card good enough for theme decks

17. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

We have confirmed the rainbow rares of Eternatus VMAX (#192) and Rose (#196) are in! This means we still don't know which two rainbow rares have been cut. The potential candidates are two of the following: Scizor VMAX, Salamence VMAX, Kabu, Piers, and Pokemon Breeder's Nurturing.

18. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

We have confirmed Kabu and Piers's rainbow rares have been cut!

19. Number51x Blasting off at the speed of light!
    Number51x

Gotta love the theme for the Mad Party attack if nothing else.

20. Xeno Zacian: The best boi
    Xeno

Well this is peachy, are they coming in the special September set?

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 1 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?