August's English Set: 'Darkness Ablaze,' Plus Two New Types of Products!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Is this list official or just a guess counting all the info that we already have?
I was shown a majority of the set's cards, so the list is unofficially official! :p Any gaps were logical fill-ins, except for the two rainbow rares I mentioned.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
It is a shame that Absol, Victini and Zygarde were cut from the set. Hopefully they will be in either our September set or our November (End of Year) set.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Also, side note: I really hope they're not just going to re-use the Rebel Clash GD/Sirfetch'd. That is really lazy and does absolutely nothing to highlight star cards in that set. I've been pretty disappointed with that overall -- I'm sure any one of us could come up with decent theme deck ideas "starring" only Pokemon from within these massive sets and not needing to resort to other sets.

Nailed it!! Zen Gal-Darma as a Fire type only using Water Energy, and it looks like they are going to re-use the old Gal-Darma and the old Sirfetch'd for the theme decks, although with different art. Which is pretty whack.

These cards are actually not very good overall. Hmm. And it's ridiculous they had the audacity to print something that buffs Pokemon V with an extra +50HP. Are you kidding me??? Where's the item that does that with Stage 2s????

Still looking forward to making that Copperajah deck though (in my head of course).

I knew it as soon as I saw them back in May that they would be reprints. Extremely disappointing, baffling, strange... all things that we associate with Pokemon now I guess, much to my dismay :(

As far as Theme Deck meta goes, GalDarma will probably be interesting because it contains Pokemon of two types (remember when that used to be the norm?) but using the same Energy, so it'll be able to hit two types for weakness. The two GalDarmas aren't that great, but the Ice type one OHKOs Charizard + 10 to the entire Bench for WCC so that's not too bad if you can consistently 2HKO. It's going to struggle against Rillaboom though (who in turn struggles against Charizard, haha).

I wonder what the secondary Pokemon will be in Sirfetch'd. Hopefully Tyranitar but that's probably wishful thinking. More likely Hippowdon or Diggersby. Unless it comes with a good supportive Trainer engine I just don't see Sirfetch'd being that great though.

Luplayz

The Master of bad Pokemon
woop! i pretty much called the zen mode!

038153_P_GARARUHIHIDARUMA.jpg

(it happpened when the theme decks were first revealed)

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
Thats breakimg street date also. Hope they not adverting and pokemon doesn't find out

No it isn't, pre-releases have been a thing for years. I'm not sure what you're saying, since Pokemon themselves advertise said events on their website.

Xeno

Zacian: The best boi
Am I the only one who was read V-MAX Grimmsnarl's attack and was confused as hell?

Eternatus V +VMAX with Grimmsnarl V + VMax seem like a potent dark type combo.

Scizor VMax seems like quite the combo (With Zacian V + ADP) as well.

Overall nothing toooo big in this set (yes I know Crobat V, wooh wooh)

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Am I the only one who was read V-MAX Grimmsnarl's attack and was confused as hell?

Eternatus V +VMAX with Grimmsnarl V + VMax seem like a potent dark type combo.

Scizor VMax seems like quite the combo (With Zacian V + ADP) as well.

Overall nothing toooo big in this set (yes I know Crobat V, wooh wooh)
Whats confusing about the attack?

The Fish

0.o
I’m very surprised that the gym promo reprints (Dartrix/cufant/trapinch/spinarak) weren’t included, but some cards from the Japanese theme decks were (ampharos/melmetal).
I REALLY wanted that Trapinch :(
I don’t really see how they’ll bring them into English form now, unless it’s through blister promos.

I knew it as soon as I saw them back in May that they would be reprints. Extremely disappointing, baffling, strange... all things that we associate with Pokemon now I guess, much to my dismay :(

As far as Theme Deck meta goes, GalDarma will probably be interesting because it contains Pokemon of two types (remember when that used to be the norm?) but using the same Energy, so it'll be able to hit two types for weakness. The two GalDarmas aren't that great, but the Ice type one OHKOs Charizard + 10 to the entire Bench for WCC so that's not too bad if you can consistently 2HKO. It's going to struggle against Rillaboom though (who in turn struggles against Charizard, haha).

I wonder what the secondary Pokemon will be in Sirfetch'd. Hopefully Tyranitar but that's probably wishful thinking. More likely Hippowdon or Diggersby. Unless it comes with a good supportive Trainer engine I just don't see Sirfetch'd being that great though.

For all we know there could be a Coalossal or Frosmoth included for either of them. How crazy would that be XD. Also the secondary mon in SirFetch’d will be hitting Thundurus and Lanturn for weakness so the Dragonite deck might be less good. If either deck gets Furret or Dugtrio this’ll be a meta reliant on coin flips which is never good (remember Rapidash in Charizard?)

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
The best thing of this set is that my all-time favourite Pokèmon(Decidueye,Charizard,Talonflame,Staraptor and Corviknight)are in.I wasn't so excited for a TGC set since Celestial Storm!

Plaquesanta

೭੧(❛〜❛✿)੭೨
I haven't been on this forum for a few years, but the big surprising thing for me is the return of a Night March variant (with more night marchers) for a new era.

Given the lack of discard power available right now, it won't be very good in standard, but I could see it being super annoying in expanded, where there are plenty of ways to get around the fact that there's only one basic attacker with a [cc] attack cost.

TheRealBro..

Is it me or does every Gardevoir art since XY look the same.. Meh. Also, no Charizard RR, whether it was always going to be so or not, it sucks.

Last edited:

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Not 1 but both featured card for the theme deck are reprint plus they are both recent reprint, don't they have other card good enough for theme decks

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We have confirmed the rainbow rares of Eternatus VMAX (#192) and Rose (#196) are in! This means we still don't know which two rainbow rares have been cut. The potential candidates are two of the following: Scizor VMAX, Salamence VMAX, Kabu, Piers, and Pokemon Breeder's Nurturing.