August's English Set: 'Darkness Ablaze,' Plus Two New Types of Products!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, May 4, 2020.

1. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

2. Necrozma Aspiring Trainer
    Necrozma

I want eternities vmax

3. cardgjammer Aspiring Trainer
    cardgjammer

I wonder why this set will be released one week late...

Maybe it's because as soon as it becomes tourney-legal, if last year's rotation week is any hint, maybe they want the number of Standard-tourney-legal sets at the start of the P!P regional season to equal to a more manageable nine, and as the season goes on, go as high as 12, and when the 13th tourney-legal set would have joined if not for the rotation, they will disconnect the older four by means of rotation to make it a more manageable nine once more...

Anyway, Charizard VMAX for me!

4. Pokécario Aspiring Trainer
    Pokécario

At my Walmart I did see a premium blister for Rebel Clash which came with a holographic obstagoon from sword and shield base set along with a galarian Zigzagoon, Linoone and a coin

5. Serperior 464/500
    Serperior

Advanced Member Member

Yay more Darkness-type-specific product /s

6. OVERGRO Pokemon is lyfe.
    OVERGRO

But Serp, this isn't Darkness, this is Poison! /s

Nyora likes this.
  7. TheWicky Random and evil: first one, then the other
    TheWicky

Was it confirmed whether or not Dragon types were discontinued along with Fairy types? No dragon type cards were printed in the last two sets, and I get the sense from the advertising that Eternatus is gonna be a Darkness card...
    Really, it would probably work out since all the new Dragon mons are dual typed and could fit in to another card type category

8. Clam Almost decent
    Clam

the 2 pack blister is probably gonna have those 3 card packs you can find at the dollar tree and some other goodies

9. Mudkip_Is_God Aspiring Trainer
    Mudkip_Is_God

ETERNATUS!!!!!!

Clam likes this.
  10. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

Once the setlist of Infinity Zone comes out and the total no. Of V/VMAX, I will prove that Charizard VMAX will be on that set.
    EDIT: Well possibly it is.
    Srsly, Charizard and Hydreigon are promising cards.

11. ADP Big Rat 212/???
    ADP Big Rat

Yes it was confirmed in a Japanese interview that Dragons were discontinued with Fairies. Although why TPCI didn't make an announcement I have no idea. It makes it weird for pure Dragons like Druddigon or Haxorus, but I can only assume they'd go back to Colorless.

OVERGRO likes this.
  12. AshCo Coming back with the BLOST
    AshCo

It only JUST dawned on me that Eternatus is going to be a dark-type card. I'm so used to poison being Psychic in the modern-day TCG to this day that I kept imagining an Eternatus card as such.

13. OVERGRO Pokemon is lyfe.
    OVERGRO

Or they'll do what they did to Babies and just stop printing them altogether. Something tells me we won't see pure Dragons again for a very long time.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  14. Kangaflora Aspiring Trainer
    Kangaflora

Yo, @Water Pokémon Master , you forgot to mention in the article that within the Darkness Ablaze set, we will also be getting the cards from Eruption Walker.

15. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

"As its name suggests, the set will be based on Eruption Walker featuring Centiskorch VMAX and Japan’s upcoming set World Down featuring Eternatus VMAX."
    It's there :p

16. DaLoc Aspiring Trainer
    DaLoc

so since this comes out as the same day as worlds, it is highly likely that Worlds would be post rotation of TEU-RC

17. Badolfob Aspiring Trainer
    Badolfob

5 sets are being rotated out not just 4

18. Swampert Full Art #GROOKEYGANG
    Swampert Full Art

Target has actually been selling these for every set starting with Team Up, and it looks like Walmart has finally started carrying them. They are currently selling for $4.99. I doubt they are going o be the same thing but if any company will charge an extra dollar for an extra five cents worth of cards, it would be Pokémon.

19. Snowy Lilacs Aspiring Trainer
    Snowy Lilacs

Cool, this means we are getting closer to seeing the release of the holiday sets, which means Gold ReshiZard is coming to town!

20. AuraJackle Aspiring Trainer
    AuraJackle

Worlds was canceled

bbb888 likes this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 2 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?