Pokemon Ash's Pikachu IV Counting

RE: Ash's Pikachu

^I wouldn't get it. If Ash's doesn't, this one shouldn't: If you're being accurate to each EV, why not be accurate to the ribbon, also?
You're right, and I've already decided I won't. I'm sure everyone else will agree. :)

Good. :)

On the topic of ribbons, I'm curious if you guys know what ribbons Pikachu actually has earned, and if so, can you point me to an episode or movie where Pikachu received this ribbon (for the sake of accuracy). I do plan on watching as many episodes and movies as I can, but I would obviously appreciate the help.
I do recall Ash winning at least one league, I'm just not positive which. It's been a while!

Ash won the orange island league, which isn't like the main leagues. Also, once you have trained Pikachu with 510 EV's, and you battle red for the legend ribbon, if I remember correctly it won't earn more EVs once it maxes out. You could battle Red and have Pikachu not be sent out at all if you want to preserve EVs. Do you think Red's level 88 Pikachu counts as an actual "Ash's Pikachu"? My noob friend used an action replay and caught that Pikachu in a Masterball. One more thing. Since Ash's Pikachu hates pokeballs, I think it should be your walking Pokemon all the time in SS. I know of you go into some places (Global Terminal, Battle Frontier) or heal at the Pokemon center Pikachu would have to go inside it's pokeball. You could heal up at the house on Route 27/28 (I forget which, it's the one leading north to Victory Road), where you techincally don't have Pikachu go inside it's pokeball.
To keep in the tradition of Ash's Pikachu, you should try to keep t out of it's pokeball at all times (or just while training it).

yea it was the orange league but i don't remeber any ribbons of corse its been a while since i have watched them and in regard to the pokeball it's not gonna change the way pikachu is trained in any way shape or form so why would it matter if its healed at a pokecenter or remains out of his ball?

Nope just lookes like he has gotten the orange league trophy

One more thing. Since Ash's Pikachu hates pokeballs, I think it should be your walking Pokemon all the time in SS.

He's trying to replicate EVs, not replicate some trivial aspect of the anime.

I know, but it would just be, and I quote, in the tradition of Ash's Pikachu. I know it doesn't affect anything, but it would just be more like Ash's actual Pikachu. Calm down. It's not your decision whether he does it or not.

I know, but it would just be, and I quote, in the tradition of Ash's Pikachu. I know it doesn't affect anything, but it would just be more like Ash's actual Pikachu. Calm down. It's not your decision whether he does it or not.
I read and appreciate your suggestions. I honestly don't plan on keeping Pikachu is SS much longer, as White is coming soon. It will become my main game where I raise and store all of my Pokemon.
He's trying to replicate EVs, not replicate some trivial aspect of the anime.
Correct...
...and dude, for the record, your avatar ROCKS! :)

I plan on continuing watching the anime a little later today. I have a lot of work to get done, but once I do, it's Indigo League time!

I really do hope everyone's liking this so far. :)

I'm kind of suprised that Pikachu has had a lot of episodes where he doesn't do anything.

Don't know if you know or not but pokemon cannot be transfered in to black or white untill after the main story is compleated (been playing the jap versions) so you might wanna just train it in SS other than finding some legendaries/mythical pokemon all you have is the elite 4 and champ left to battle they are at levels 70-75 and quite tough. So get pikachu tough enough if you plan on using him.

most of the episodes are just filler. latter team rocket is in every one and pikachu blows them up but most of the time its "oh no we are lost" "which way do we go" "just go the way that will take the most time"....the only downfall of the anime....the fillers

Don't know if you know or not but pokemon cannot be transfered in to black or white untill after the main story is compleated (been playing the Japanese versions) so you might wanna just train it in SS other than finding some legendaries/mythical pokemon all you have is the elite 4 and champ left to battle they are at levels 70-75 and quite tough. So get pikachu tough enough if you plan on using him.
I do plan on training Pikachu in Soul Silver.
most of the episodes are just filler. latter team rocket is in every one and pikachu blows them up but most of the time its "oh no we are lost" "which way do we go" "just go the way that will take the most time"....the only downfall of the anime....the fillers
Yeah, but some of them are interesting in my opinion, they aren't all bad.

^i wasnt saying that they were bad but alot is filler...but for each filler episode there is an amazing battle that makes up for it. against lance is one and blaine...

edit: also looking at the EV count the first gen of anime really did capture the emotion. when someone left you felt sad. in the newer episodes...its just...who cares....i guess its just less emotionally involved

^i wasnt saying that they were bad but alot is filler...but for each filler episode there is an amazing battle that makes up for it. against lance is one and blaine...

edit: also looking at the EV count the first gen of anime really did capture the emotion. when someone left you felt sad. in the newer episodes...its just...who cares....i guess its just less emotionally involved
Gotcha, and you're right. That's how Pokemon anime (the first season at least) works.

I also agree with your second point. The first season really was emotionally involving, and some of the episodes were touching. I'm proud to say I grew up on that. ;)

Episode 34 is my second saddest rated episode after when Ash releases his Butterfree that made me cry ;(

Saddest episode for me is where Ash leaves Pikachu with the other Pikachu... can't remember the number, but I do remember crying when I was younger because of it... :'(

You know looking at the ev list this could very well take into Sinnoh to compleat seeing as yes there is alot of filler episodes i hated that the closer it got to the chapionships the more there semed to be and i would have to wait an extra month for the kanto league to arrive as well as with other seasons

Saddest episode for me is where Ash leaves Pikachu with the other Pikachu... can't remember the number, but I do remember crying when I was younger because of it... :'(
I just finished watching that one, and I agree with you. I was even touched by it now at 17 years old...
You know looking at the ev list this could very well take into Sinnoh to compleat seeing as yes there is alot of filler episodes i hated that the closer it got to the chapionships the more there semed to be and i would have to wait an extra month for the kanto league to arrive as well as with other seasons
You're right, it could. I'm going to keep on going!

Back