Aromatisse Variants

do you think it would be worth it to ry a victory star victini to try the flip again on mega kangaskhan. it could be the difference between a one and 2 hit ko. although it makes it an easy lysandre target

You're better off running Trick Coin. It's not a Lysandre target and isn't shut down by Garbodor. I however still prefer to use Muscle Band/Hard Charm in Kanga, as you aren't likely to OHKO stuff with it anyway.

I think the new regirock coming out with the omega barrier would be useful for aromatisse since you could attach a rainbow energy to it and it could take the 10 dmg and not put the 10 dmg on something important and your opponent wouldnt be able to get rid of the rainbow with enhanced hammers or xerosic if I understand the "omega barrier" correctly. so the rainbow energies become a lot safer for you

Trying to decide which attacker to use for my Aromatisse deck. I've been using Xerneas-EX with rainbow energy and a variety of EX attackers. My biggest problem is Mega Manectric decks, especially with Black Kyurem EX, and I'm not sure that any Aromatisse deck has a good answer for that.

Xerneas-EX:
Can hit for 140, taking out Donphan, Yveltal, and Kyurem in 1 hit.
Pairs well with Keldeo-EX, Aegislash-EX, Mewtwo-EX, Mr. Mime, etc.
Requires 4 energy, which can leave you vulnerable if it gets KO'd.

Florges-EX:
Requires only 2 energy; quicker to set up and less vulnerable to Yveltal-EX.
Pairs well with fairy and grass types. But between Fairy Transfer, Tasting, and Sweet Veil there's a lot of support.
Only 160HP.
Only hits for 120 (if you have a full bench)

So I'm thinking about switching to a straight fairy build, with Florges and was wondering how that had worked for any of you.

You could use Landorus EX against Mega Manectric EXs but it would take a lot of hits to kill it unless you use 2 Rainbows to use Land's Judgement.

I don't think you should have a problem with Mega Manectric EX as long as you use your Max Potions to prevent Mega Manectric EX from 2HKOs on your Pokemon.

Gengar master said:
I don't think you should have a problem with Mega Manectric EX as long as you use your Max Potions to prevent Mega Manectric EX from 2HKOs on your Pokemon.

Yeah; it's when they charge up a Black Kyurem EX and 1HKO my dudes. I mean, I could tech in Druddigon with hard charm so it maybe survives the turbo bolt, but that's all I've got.

MagikarpEX said:
Gengar master said:

Yeah; it's when they charge up a Black Kyurem EX and 1HKO my dudes. I mean, I could tech in Druddigon with hard charm so it maybe survives the turbo bolt, but that's all I've got.

Black Kyurem EX is rarely seeing play in Cities (for some reason) so I wouldn't worry about it right now. Plus it was kind of made that it OHKOs everything. Aromatisse decks aren't the only deck that gets OHKOed.

I've just opted for an Aromatisse deck. Bought the cards a couple of days ago and am hoping they'll arrive from the US (UK here) in time for Cities in mid February. I originally was going for a Seismidor deck with Yveltal as my main attacker, but it seems very boring to play. I like the Aromatisse deck after trialling with it. I could have gone Donphan, but that would be too easy and also boring. I like a challenge, see.

I went for Aromatisse and Yveltal EX main attacker, with a Xerneas EX as a back-up attacker, a Latias as a potential staller, a few Pokemon Centre Ladies (Full Heal were sold out unfortunately) and the usual necessities like N.

I could opt for M Manectric techs instead as I got lucky with random booster pack purchases and acquired Manectrics and M Manectrics, but I'll try my original decklist out first and make necessary changes if I feel they're necessary.

I will let you all know how I get on at cities.

I suggest Max potions over pokemon center lady. You will want to save your supporter for something else.

pygohan said:
I suggest Max potions over pokemon center lady. You will want to save your supporter for something else.
I took your advice. I dropped one MP to field a Xerosic just in case I face a Seismidor Deck.

Shame Wonder Energy won't be out in time to block Toad's Item lock.

Wonder Energy blocks effects on the pokemon not the player so Toad Item lock will still be in play since its hits the player.

So what's the opinion on Diancie vs. Gardevoir? Does Gardevoir completely overshadow Diancie, or will she add to the deck in any way?

fieryseraph said:
So what's the opinion on Diancie vs. Gardevoir? Does Gardevoir completely overshadow Diancie, or will she add to the deck in any way?

Gardevoir does have a spirit link...so it already is better to run in the deck.

Gardevoirs damage output is also greater than diancie. And with many Non EX attackers in the format Diancie is fraigle and a lot of setup for a M pokemon.

For the Mega Gardy EX list, I think the Xerneas count should be maxed at 4 because you want to start with Xerneas to get the Fairy Energy in play quickly.

Instead of Combustion Blast Zard EX, I like the Stoke one better because it only takes one fire energy to use it's 120 damage atk.

Gengar master said:
For the Mega Gardy EX list, I think the Xerneas count should be maxed at 4 because you want to start with Xerneas to get the Fairy Energy in play quickly.

Instead of Combustion Blast Zard EX, I like the Stoke one better because it only takes one fire energy to use it's 120 damage atk.

The thing about Stoke though is that you have to discard an energy (hurts M Gardevoir) and the attack cost is so high. Combustion blast only takes 3 fairy energy and always has the second attack as an option if you really need it. Stoke also can't hit through Aegislash EX. With Combustion Blast instead of Stoke you just slowly deal damage over time while healing off the damage they deal.

I was using Fire Energy in my list for some reason so it can attack Aegislash EX. I was looking for a way to OHKO Grass and Metal Pokes. I guess 2 Hit KOs are fine because Metal can't really OHKO Charizard EX and you can heal it with Max Potion.

Gengar master said:
I was using Fire Energy in my list for some reason so it can attack Aegislash EX. I was looking for a way to OHKO Grass and Metal Pokes. I guess 2 Hit KOs are fine because Metal can't really OHKO Charizard EX and you can heal it with Max Potion.

Of course M Aggron would flip the whole Charizard thing on its head. :p

Camoclone said:
Gengar master said:

Of course M Aggron would flip the whole Charizard thing on its head. :p

Ugh, M Aggron...That's partially why I think Stoke one is better because it can OHKO a M Aggron, which really gives this deck trouble.

Back