Aromatisse Variants

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
This thread is used for all competitive discussion on Aromatisse variants, including M Manectric, M Gardevoir, Xerneas/Xerneas EX, and any other deck revolving around Aromatisse and big basics. This includes strategies, playstyles, and techs.

You may post decklists here, but only as a means to add to the discussion. If you're looking for advice on your list, post in the Deck Garage.

Aromatisse / M Manectric EX Skeleton List:

Pokémon: 14
  • 3 Aromatisse
  • 3 Spritzee XY
  • 2 M Manectric EX
  • 2 Manectric EX
  • 2 Xerneas
  • 1 Mewtwo EX
  • 1 Aegislash EX
Trainers: 28
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Max Potion
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 3 Fairy Garden
Energy: 10
  • 6 Fairy Energy
  • 4 Rainbow Energy
Open Spots: 8

Strategy:
The goal of this deck is to slowly get Energy into play, either with Geomancy, or manual attachments, and conserve them by moving them off your Pokemon, using Fairy Transfer, then Max Potion that Pokemon and moving the Energy right back on. Rainbow Energy can be moved by Aromatisse, and allow you to use many different tech Pokemon for specific match ups. M Manectric EX is not only great against Yveltal EX decks, but can also recover your lost Energy with Turbo Bolt. This deck can have trouble with Garbodor decks, and decks that easily kill your Pokemon in one hit. Obviously Fairy Transfer is the focus of the deck, so Garbodor shutting it off can lead to trouble, and Pokemon that one shot you render Max Potion useless. But most decks won't have either of those, allowing you to slow the game down with Max Potion enough to take the win.

Good Additions:
  • Xerneas EX
  • Yveltal EX
  • Keldeo EX
  • Virizion EX
  • Suicune PLB or Sigilyph DRX
  • Landorus EX
  • Charizard FLF Stoke or Combustion Blast
  • Genesect EX or Trevenant EX
  • M Kangaskhan EX instead of M Manectric EX
  • Manectric Spirit Link
  • Startling Megaphone or Xerosic
  • Pokémon Fan Club
  • Lysandre's Trump Card
  • Muscle Band
  • AZ

Aromatisse / M Gardevoir Skeleton List:

Pokémon: 13
  • 3 M Gardevoir EX
  • 3 Gardevoir EX
  • 3 Xerneas
  • 2 Aromatisse
  • 2 Spritzee XY
Trainers: 31
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Max Potion
  • 3 Gardevoir Spirit Link
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 3 Fairy Garden
Energy: 11
  • 11 Fairy Energy
Open Spots: 5

Strategy:
The goal of this deck is to slowly get Energy into play with Geomancy, then once you have enough in play, send in M Gardevoir EX and Brilliant Arrow until you win. Max Potion can essentially heal your Pokemon for free, since you can move the Energy off with Max Potion before you have to discard them. This deck can have trouble with Garbodor decks, and decks that easily kill your Pokemon in one hit. Without Fairy Transfer, your M Gardevoir EXs will eventually get knocked out, while taking your precious Energy along with it, and Pokemon that one shot you render Max Potion useless. But most decks won't have either of those, allowing you to plow through them with an unkillable M Gardevoir EX.

Good Additions:
  • Florges EX
  • Xerneas EX
  • Thicker Aromatisse Line
  • Switch or Keldeo EX
  • Rainbow Energy and Other Attackers
  • EXP. Share
  • Startling Megaphone or Xerosic
  • AZ

I'm looking over Regional results and only one question is coming to mind. What's holding this deck back? Too much Garbo? No dedicated Pyroar counter? You would think a deck that could splash in virtually whatever it wanted would be able to handle the current meta a little bit better than actually shown, which is not at all.

On a side note, I do think the upcoming sets are going to help, but I still don't get why this deck is doing so badly.

The prevelance of Garbodor and the metagame's focus on one-shorting are giving Aromatisse decks trouble. The core of this deck is moving energy around and using Max Potion to keep your Pokemon alive. Mega Kangaskhan helped, and granted the deck a Top 4 at Worlds this year, by focusng on a Pokemon that was almost impossible to OHKO. The release of Furious Fists changed that however, since Kanga's weakness to Fighting makes it easy for common threats like Landorus-EX and Lucario-EX to slam it. Also, the attackers that don't require Rainobw Energy just don't have the oomph to hit that magic number of 180 and,get one-shotted in return. Mega Diancie's attack I think has a lot of potential though, for a defensive deck. It could very well be the godsend that Fairy needs to become top tier.

^

Yeah, I think Diancie looks very promising. The fact that it's an attack effect and not an ability makes it immune to Garbodor. The only thing it could have to worry about is G Booster, but if that's a problem, there's always Spiritomb LT.

Not only that, but there's very little in the format that could one-shot it. If Bronzong/ attackers becomes a thing, it will definitely focus on Aegislash-EX and Cobalion-EX. While the latter can break through Diancie's effect, Steel Bullet also doesn't apply Weakness, so you can simply Max Potion next turn. Cobalion NVI/LTR could do some serious damage, but in order to one-shot Mega Diancie it would require Laserbank (and some Fairy decks run Slurpuff), or a Muscle Band. It's also a fragile Pokemon that could easily be KO'd the following turn by a Xerneas-EX on deck, so Mega Diancie really has a lot in its favor. We'll have to see what the metagame looks like when the card is actually released though. While it looks very promising now, something could come out between now and then that turns the game on its head.

Aside from Cobalion, the only thing I'm really worried about is the upcoming Heatran, particularly it's second attack (130) on a 130 HP non EX basic. Maybe a Wing Attack Charizard EX could take care of that problem (plus muscle band).

*Looks up Heatran* Jesus...

Has anyone looked at the new Xerneas in the Vs Pack? I'm thinking it may serve as a decent tech card.

Quick update, just found out Pooka went 7-0-2 a few days ago. Check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/KyleSucevich/photos/a.785396071483316.1073741829.782525025103754/804205596269030/?type=1&theater

My Little Keldeo said:
(and some Fairy decks run Slurpuff)
Really? Isn't it easier to just run Rainbows+VirizionEX? I mean Virizion even helps against Seismitoad a little. Sure there's 10 damage with the attachment but you just have to be smart with what you play it on.

Slurpuff can be used in "Straight Fairy" varients. I have seen it, but not often. Even I have my doubts about Rainbow Energy, not because of the damage but because you can only run four and Prism rotated. Especially with Enhanced Hammer back in the format, and possibly Xerosic, Aromatisse still has a lot going against it. What the deck really needs is a reliable Fairy attacker, or at least something defensive like M-Diancie-EX that could go toe-to-toe with the likes of Yveltal. VirGen's still going to hurt it thanks to G-Booster though.

My Little Keldeo said:
Slurpuff can be used in "Straight Fairy" varients. I have seen it, but not often. Even I have my doubts about Rainbow Energy, not because of the damage but because you can only run four and Prism rotated. Especially with Enhanced Hammer back in the format, and possibly Xerosic, Aromatisse still has a lot going against it. What the deck really needs is a reliable Fairy attacker, or at least something defensive like M-Diancie-EX that could go toe-to-toe with the likes of Yveltal. VirGen's still going to hurt it thanks to G-Booster though.
Not only do we need to worry about Bronzong/Steel decks coming up and exploiting our key monster's weaknesses, we are also getting splash damage from the hate that Enhanced Hammer and others will give. sigh...

It looks like Florges will be our "big attacker" in pure fairy builds until Mega-Dancie comes. I still think the new Xerneas could serve as a tech against Yveltal, albeit an expensive one...

I think another good addition would Malamar EX - you can attach energy than fairy transfer energy to someone else - except it would face the same problem as garbador.

I feel like Mega Manectric can come forward and replace Mega Kangaskhan in fairy decks- it doesn't have to wait a turn to evolve, resists steel, and can help combat one of fairy deck's biggest problems- getting energy out of the discard, as well as being able to power up the right guy even if aromatisse gets sniped, as well as having free retreat to never have to rely on fairy garden. Lightning typing has the same weakness as colorless, except it also knocks yveltals out all day and does enough to ko pyroar without muscle band or a heads flip. And then non-mega Manectric EX has a decent attack for a colorless energy and can attack without rainbow. while it doesn't solve the problems of enhanced hammer it is solving a lot of other grievances for the fairy deck. And vs fighting decks I wouldnt even play down the Mega Kanga, and the same probably applies to Mega Manectric

Pipotchi said:
I feel like Mega Manectric can come forward and replace Mega Kangaskhan in fairy decks- it doesn't have to wait a turn to evolve, resists steel, and can help combat one of fairy deck's biggest problems- getting energy out of the discard, as well as being able to power up the right guy even if aromatisse gets sniped, as well as having free retreat to never have to rely on fairy garden. Lightning typing has the same weakness as colorless, except it also knocks yveltals out all day and does enough to ko pyroar without muscle band or a heads flip. And then non-mega Manectric EX has a decent attack for a colorless energy and can attack without rainbow. while it doesn't solve the problems of enhanced hammer it is solving a lot of other grievances for the fairy deck. And vs fighting decks I wouldnt even play down the Mega Kanga, and the same probably applies to Mega Manectric

M Manectric does seem decent, but there are still some perks to playing M Kangaskhan. It's 20 extra HP can be helpful against Genesect decks (G Booster + Deoxys kills Manectric, which will probably become a thing because of Manectric), and the Lighting Energy cost makes it too reliant on Rainbow Energy. If 4 get discarded by Enhanced Hammer, are prized, or the Pokemon they were on got KOed, M Manectric is useless. And to be honest, Manectric can do the same strategy as Kangaskhan/Aromatisse all by itself. Just Turbo Bolt onto a Benched M Manectric (getting 2 M Manectric isn't that hard, especially if you make room for it), Max Potion the Active, and repeat. Only difference is you don't have an inherit weakness to Garbodor.

Plus, those perks aren't that helpful to Kangaskhan. If you keep M Kangaskhan alive for long enough, you won't need Energy acceleration. The Pyroar match up is so incredibly easy with Kangaskhan that the extra 10 damage is just a minor perk. The free retreat is nice, but not that helpful. Yveltal isn't a particularly hard match up, but I admit that Manectric makes it basically a cakewalk.

I feel like M Manectric/Aromatisse won't be a thing for the above reasons. If you want an Aromatisse deck, Kangaskhan is safer. If you want to take advantage of M Manectric, just play it by itself/with something else.

In the future what do you think would be better for a list. Mega Kangashkan or Mega Gardevoir? Also will fairy transfer work on wonder energy?

Aviste said:
In the future what do you think would be better for a list. Mega Kangashkan or Mega Gardevoir? Also will fairy transfer work on wonder energy?
M Gardevoir does look GREAT for Aromatisse. 30 for each Fairy Energy in play, you'd be needing 6 Energy in play to OHKO EX after EX. It isn't really hard to achieve, and M Gardevoir even has its Spirit Link card. The 210HP could be a problem tho, as G Booster+Deoxys EX OHKOs.
Yes, as long as it's attached to a Fairy-Type.

I still prefer Mega Kangaskhan, sturdier. Buuuuut Gardevoir can benefit from other boosts like Slurpuff's protection AND Klefki's resistance enhancement

Problem with Kang is it's weakness. Gardevoir has a better weakness and built in protection if it comes to that (shinning wind).

I'm still half way convinced that Diancie is the better choice.

I think Mega Gardevoir EX is better. With Geomancy, you can pile on lots of damage with all the fairy energy in play.

Back