Aromatisse Variants

Is dowsing machine that mandatory?

Isn't Master Ball better? You can instantly add any silver bullets to your hand (for example charizard to counter any metal pokemon matchups) + you can set up aromatisse earlier.

New to the game so I am sorry If I am missing something obvious about the power of the Dowsing Machine...

Jace2012 said:

Isn't Master Ball better? You can instantly add any silver bullets to your hand (for example charizard to counter any metal pokemon matchups) + you can set up aromatisse earlier.

New to the game so I am sorry If I am missing something obvious about the power of the Dowsing Machine...

Trust me your fine. I use scramble switch in all of my decks still. Including this one even though it seems redundant. Master ball can work well if your already fairly consistent but games tend to draw out with the classic Aromatisse style with Max potions so dowsing machine is better for that style or for any slower decks. Computer search Would probably better for a more aggressive style.

Jace2012 said:

The only Ace-Specs I would run in this deck are Dowsing Machine or Computer Search. Computer Search can get out a Pokemon or anyhthing else. This deck doesn't have an insanely hard time getting Pokemon out through Ultra Balls. I don't think there is a good reason to run Masterball instead of Computer Search. Dowsing Machine is good due to the utility and the ability to essentially play an extra copy of a card (Generally Max Potion).

I just do not like discarding cards to recur a card in my discard pile and/or be able to fetch ONLY pokemon...

On this topic, but on a totally different mood, is Base Set computer search legal to use in a deck?

Jace2012 said:
I just do not like discarding cards to recur a card in my discard pile and/or be able to fetch ONLY pokemon...
Play around with it a bit and it will grow on you. Discarding is not as bad as it might seem especially in Fairys.

Jace2012 said:
On this topic, but on a totally different mood, is Base Set computer search legal to use in a deck?
It is not. You must use the Computer Search from BCR (Boundaries Crossed).

Dang it...

Anyways, I did some playtesting with a friend today and I really think that muscle band could be very good on this deck, especially with Xerneas EX.

Some more thoughts... (correct me if I am wrong)

Splashing fire is viable as long as you do not prize your prof. letter.

Keldeo is inferior to switch especially if you do not run any water energies.

That with the techs... I believe the main skeleton should not be touched in favor of consistency.

Edit: Also my friend suggested to run fewer Pokemon, and I was wondering if I should, because I may not have enough on my first-second turn to fetch 2 fairy energies with Xerneas.

Jace2012 said:
Damn it...

Anyways, I did some playtesting with a friend today and I really think that muscle band could be very good on this deck, especially with Xerneas EX.

That with the techs... I believe the main skeleton should not be touched in favor of consistency

Edit: Also my friend suggested to run fewer Pokemon, and I was wondering if I should, beacause I may not have enough on my first-second turn to fetch 2 fairy energies with Xerneas.

Splashing Fire is more a matter of what style of Fairy deck you're running imo; if it's just the one fire type, Rainbow energy gives waaaaay more utility. Running Fire can also hurt some of the consistency that Fairies so excels at and so desires.

Keldeo is fantastic because he is a reusable Switch thanks to Rush In + Fairy Transfer + Fairy Garden (although switch is faster and less tiresome on PTCGO)

OPoShmo said:
Jace2012 said:
Dang it...

That with the techs... I believe the main skeleton should not be touched in favor of consistency

Edit: Also my friend suggested to run fewer Pokemon, and I was wondering if I should, beacause I may not have enough on my first-second turn to fetch 2 fairy energies with Xerneas.

Splashing Fire is more a matter of what style of Fairy deck you're running imo; if it's just the one fire type, Rainbow energy gives waaaaay more utility. Running Fire can also hurt some of the consistency that Fairies so excels at and so desires.

Keldeo is fantastic because he is a reusable Switch thanks to Rush In + Fairy Transfer + Fairy Garden (although switch is faster and less tiresome on PTCGO)

It's nice to have the opinion of someone that plays the game for a longer time... I will definetely try out rainbow energy.

As I understand it I can move rainbow energy with Fairy Transfer as long as it goes from a fairy pokemon to another fairy pokemon, right? If I happen to move it on my charizard then I cannot take it back? Also I cannot fetch it with prof letter and/or Geomancy?

Also any input on the Pokemon density of the deck?

Incorrect. Aromatisse reads:
"As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move a Fairy Energy attached to 1 of your Pokémon to another of your Pokémon."

The only requirement for the moving is that the energy you move is [Y].

You're right... I thought it provided energy of the type the pokemon attacked to is :) My bad (btw is there an energy that does that, that confused me?)

Jace2012 said:
You're right... I thought it provided energy of the type the pokemon attacked to is :) My bad (btw is there an energy that does that, that confused me?)

Rainbow Energy, Prisim Energy when on Basic and the upcoming Double Dragon Energy when attached on Dragon energy do/will provide rainbow/all energy types.

Do you guys think Mega Turbo or Wally deserves a spot in M-Gardy? I'm finding it difficult to remove something from my list to try them out. I'm not sure if RSK offer anything for M-Gardy and if I should just not worry about updating my list for the time being.

Do you guys think Mega Turbo or Wally deserves a spot in M-Gardy? I'm finding it difficult to remove something from my list to try them out. I'm not sure if RSK offer anything for M-Gardy and if I should just not worry about updating my list for the time being.

I might try to squeeze in one or two mega turbo, just as an option for getting energy back from the discard later in the game. But personally I like mega-turbo in decks that draw and discard a lot, like RayMin and Groudon. I don't think it is good in Gardevoir or Kyogre.

I don't think that you need Wally- in general you can take a few turns before you need Aromatisse.

In general, though, I find the M-Gardevoir deck to be insanely tight. The need to get two evolution lines, 3-4 max potions, 4 fairy gardens and spirit links, plus to keep everything in high counts for consistency and non-clunkiness- there is no room for anything.

I don't think Wally would be bad. Its not really for the 1st turn, but for late game. When your opponent gets a KO on an aromatisse and you don't have a spriztee down because of space. It would be awesome to set it up late game when you need it badly, but I only think 1 would be used for early ultra ball fodder and later a VS seeker choice.

I might try to squeeze in one or two mega turbo, just as an option for getting energy back from the discard later in the game. But personally I like mega-turbo in decks that draw and discard a lot, like RayMin and Groudon. I don't think it is good in Gardevoir or Kyogre.

I don't think that you need Wally- in general you can take a few turns before you need Aromatisse.

In general, though, I find the M-Gardevoir deck to be insanely tight. The need to get two evolution lines, 3-4 max potions, 4 fairy gardens and spirit links, plus to keep everything in high counts for consistency and non-clunkiness- there is no room for anything.

I disagree on your Wally point. In the Landobats case, Wally helps a LOT. Without Wally, Spritzee will likely get KO'd before it can evolve. But even then, a smart player would Lysandre Aromatisse, Laser it, then use a Strong Energy + MB Hammerhead. In that scenario, if Aromatisse is put to sleep by Laser, one tails and it's KO'd between the Aromatisse user's turn and the Lando user's turn.

^ Aromatisse will surely be glad when Laser goes away next rotation, but after that, the sleep rules could be called into question with the introduction of AT Malamar's Contrary combined w/ Malamar-EX: Will the flip on your side of the between turns be treated as tails, meaning you lose a turn unless you have a Switch? Or does between turns mean Contrary is not considered in terms of Sleep flips?

^ Even w/o the above, given that Rayquaza-EX has taken Gardevoir-EX's role in terms of Fairy-based megas, although Ray is Colorless and Gardy is Fairy. That makes a marriage of Ray and Fairy decks that skips Skyfield and Aromatisse possible. Only that this case involves putting in Silent Lab in Skyfield's place, keeping Fairy Garden, and putting in 3-3-3 Bats in place of Shaymin-EX, Ninetales, and/or Aromatisse to make up for the lack of initial killer damage from the lack of Skyfield. All that can make a more flexible Fairy + Rayquaza deck that essentially downgrades Mega Gardy + Aromatisse to a classic memory...

Last edited:
^ Aromatisse will surely be glad when Laser goes away next rotation, but after that, the sleep rules could be called into question with the introduction of AT Malamar's Contrary combined w/ Malamar-EX: Will the flip on your side of the between turns be treated as tails, meaning you lose a turn unless you have a Switch? Or does between turns mean Contrary is not considered in terms of Sleep flips?
Since the sleep flip is actually done in between turns, Malamar's Contrary shouldn't work (as like Cofagrigus PLF).

Incorrect. Aromatisse reads:
"As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move a Fairy Energy attached to 1 of your Pokémon to another of your Pokémon."

The only requirement for the moving is that the energy you move is [Y].

How in the world did Fairy Energy get referred to as [Y]?

Pink, fuschia, rose, salmon, coral...none of them fit...

Back