Are These Cards Real or Fake?

RE: Fake cards

Well i reported one fake card stuff seller to the Police but they said they couldnt do anything until the Pokemon company files charges

RE: Fake cards

Machamp has a six pack.

Try also to avoid buying Pokémon cards from shady vendors selling them in the parking lot.

RE: Are these cards real or fake?

SoulWind said:
Try also to avoid buying Pokémon cards from shady vendors selling them in the parking lot.

Did you stop selling in parking lots?

Misprint (?) on cards?

Was wanting to know if anyone else had run into this by chance. Couldn't get pics earlier today when in the chat room but have them now. Bought 2 packs of Legendary treasures and had a couple of regular cards get some faint shine foil and a star pattern all over them. Looks quite cool but was a surprise to see since I already had a shiny in the pack (2 in fact in each pack, yay!). Was the Kirlia (#RC9/RC25) and the Servine (#RC2/RC25). None of the shiny cards have the same star pattern so was curious. See pics below. Tried to show the star pattern best I could.

RE: Misprint (?) on cards?

Finally found the archived post where the scans were but did not see the star effect on the scans so was wondering if something was wrong with the cards. Had totally forgotten about the "Radiant Collection" in this set to be honest. Noticed a couple of the others that I got were also the "RC" numbers and found them on the post. Yet they do not have the star pattern all over them. Got the Eevee with the hearts and such and the full card Emolga that has the confetti effect. The star pattern on these two cards is very faint as well and I would not have noticed it had I not seen part of the card when looking at the shiny for the pack.

Noticed a couple of the others that I got were also the "RC" numbers and found them on the post. Yet they do not have the star pattern all over them.
The RC commons all have the (very faint) starfoil pattern across them. The uncommons (and higher) each have a unique foil pattern found only on that card (Stunfisk has hearts, Cinccino has lace, etc.).

RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Errors - no misprints)

Hey guys. I was going through some of my cards and found this krookodile that has a fingerprint in foil just under the picture. I was wondering if anyone has seen something like this? Cheers, Jared.

RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Errors - no misprints)

Seruler said:
Hey guys. I was going through some of my cards and found this krookodile that has a fingerprint in foil just under the picture. I was wondering if anyone has seen something like this? Cheers, Jared.

Can you post a picture please?

Seruler said:

I bet $10 to being Shiny Krookodile and that fingerprint is the Darkness Energy symbol. ;)

RE: error card?

Sorry to inform you, but the card is fake. The dead giveaways are the text being off, the Japanese set logo on an English card, there being no Grass symbol in the background of the text although it's a Secret Rare, and numerous other things. :(

Card is too dark, probably does not have the black insert in between the front of the card and back of the card (use magnifying glass), misspelling, the biggest and obvious the BW rarity in the bottom right is Japan only.

...fake.

The text font and spacing not being identical to the real thing is always your biggest clue when finding fake cards. If the font and spacing aren't identical to the real thing, it's fake.

No known error cards (that I am aware of) have errors on font and spacing in the main body of the card.

Brave Vesperia said:
Sorry to inform you, but the card is fake. The dead giveaways are the text being off, the Japanese set logo on an English card, there being no Grass symbol in the background of the text although it's a Secret Rare, and numerous other things. :(

this is odd. because i bought single unopened packs. dark explorers. packs came with 7-9 cards. but said 10 on the package. no online codes. but was similar to Japanese sets.
each pack contained a holo on top.
packs contained bw5 red and green. GBR. all of which contain these strange 1st edition symbols, on Japanese exclusive cards. in English, with metric weight and height. with no pokedex entry.
they also included non 1st, non jap exclusive, Next Destinies cards.

so do people repackage fake cards with real cards? u sure these are fake. are they all fake? i'll take more pictures if needed.

a few more.

Those are definitely all fake, sorry.

I never buy packs unless they're from an actual store like Walmart or Target that has sealed packs or Pokémon sealed boxes. Same with card shops. I never buy online unless it's a high rep seller on Ebay or its a seller like TnT. People need to think about who and where they buy from.

Fakes aren't very hard to identify, but if you see cards and you're unsure don't do it!

keep us posted if they do anything

They didnt do anything when i did the same awhile ago, far as i know but the seller stopped selling them awile ago so maybe they did.

Back