Are These Cards Real or Fake?

RE: Are These Cards Real or Fake?

Yeah, I caught the shadow on it, and from the research I've done it seems like there's some confusion on whether or not there are Shadowed 1st edition cards (have seen a few high-end collectors split over this). I took a look to see if PSA has graded any 1st editions with Shadows, but haven't found anything for sale yet, so guess someone stuck a 1st edition stamp on it since the card it self looks real.

Patriots Fan said:
So, was surfing on eBay and found this. Is it real or fake?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Charizard-1st-Edition-4-Base-Set-Holo-/121419097102?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=ILgF6twQ%252FGRULSt9MJAbxnJKLpM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

far as i know there was 0 shadowed First Edition cards ever made only the non shadowed are first edition

The-Kaiser said:
Patriots Fan said:
So, was surfing on eBay and found this. Is it real or fake?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Charizard-1st-Edition-4-Base-Set-Holo-/121419097102?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=ILgF6twQ%252FGRULSt9MJAbxnJKLpM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

far as i know there was 0 shadowed First Edition cards ever made only the non shadowed are first edition

Yeah, the only thing that sorta confuses me with this, is that I know some of the international 1st Edition Base Set cards have the shadow lol.

Thanks for the help guys! Someone bought it anyways, so no headache for me xD

That 1st Edition looks very suspect. Compare how thick and fuzzy it is to http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-index-of-guides-for-collectors?pid=2233071#pid2233071

Hello everyone! I recently ran into my old pokemon cards and kind of got into it again.
I was sorting some and came across this Muk wich doesn't have a fossil logo thingy on the right. :|
Is this a fake? Also are there any other ways you can tell other then the missing logo?

Hdxu0e4.png

That is a well known error see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-card-errors-database-provide-a-picture-when-reporting-errors-no-misprints

That bottom number dont look like the right font as i think only Jungle Cards were missing set symbols

The-Kaiser said:
That bottom number dont look like the right font as i think only Jungle Cards were missing set symbols

You are right, I was thinking it was a Jungle card.

Nope that is a Fossil set card. I have the Regular one and I also have it holographic as well. Some Muk cards had missing fossil symbols but it was a select few though. If you have one hang onto it cause it could be worth a lot someday.:)

It definitely looks fake to me. In particular, the info bar below the image box seems way off to me, in colour (to be fair, this COULD just be the picture being a bit low-quality, but if it does look rather similar to the image, this is definitely off), font, and there seems to be a bigger gap at the top than there should be. The card number is pretty off, too. It's really hard to tell, but I'm guessing it's a little more rigid than a legitimate card, too, looking at the edges.

It's fake. Many of the fonts are incorrect; 'STAGE 1' doesn't look as bold as it should, the HP font is close but not exact, the stats bar text is off, the attack damage font is incorrect (not bold enough/tracking is too large), and the illustrator/copyright/set number should all be lined up on a proper card. Check PokéBeach's scan of the real version. The rarity symbol is also too small.

A decently made fake (much better than others), but I could recreate it better than that.

This could also be a first print. Remember those cards with light coloring? Those cards had really bad font and the text was messed up on some cards as well. That was before they started reprinting the cards.:)

Wait until you get the real Muk before you throw away that one XD.:)

Or keep it. It's nice to keep those and laugh when you look at it from time to time. :p

Yeah put it in a fake card binder or something. Put a mark on it so you know the card is fake XD.:)

xxashxx said:
Yeah put it in a fake card binder or something. Put a mark on it so you know the card is fake XD.:)

Why keep it? It has no value.

It has no value but you could use it in a just for fun TCG match until the real card is obtained.:)

[split] Card Errors Database - Provide a Picture When Reporting Errors - No Misprints

so...i believe i have a misprint that has never before been seen....i could be wrong, but i cannot find anyone else with the same misprint

Back