Arcticwhite's Fake Cards *Update* Fakémon Water Starter! 28/03/2016

RE: Arcticwhite's Fakémon Cards, sprites and stuff!!!

The Fire Wyrm said:
We need to do a duo sometime.

Okay, what do you have in mind?

Zeto said:
I do not know the 'science' of pokemon sprites, but imo, they are definitively worth the attention. Very well made, congrats

Thanks!

Arcticwhite's Sprites!

Hello! Here, I will post all my Fakémon sprites.

You originally saw them in my other thread:

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-arcticwhite-s-fak%C3%A9mon-cards-sprites-and-stuff?pid=2308519 .

But, I've decided to move them all into a new thread so they are easier to find.

I can make sprites as icons, put them onto banners etc, but you can find them on my ART thread here:

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-the-art-request-thread-read-before-using-this-thread?pid=2315055#pid2315055

Here are a few samples:
205uypt.jpg

2s5yx7a.jpg

ejvbwh.jpg

Enjoy!

OLD SPRITES:

fm4e2x.jpg

Please comment!

RE: Arcticwhite's Sprites!

I must eliminate you, for you have a high chance to surpass me.

*HYPER BEEEEEAAAAAAAM*
Dang, I missed. Oh well.

Getting better, just make the shapes smoother.

The Fire Wyrm said:
I must eliminate you, for you have a high chance to surpass me.

*HYPER BEEEEEAAAAAAAM*
Dang, I missed. Oh well.

Getting better, just make the shapes smoother.
Your ego compared to your actual skills... climb down man.

Arcticwhite, you are improving, but I suggest you study the size/line/anatomy of official sprites. =) The small ghost dino is really good! By far the best!

These a nice, I really like the bluish dragon looking one you put in the old category because I really enjoy the shading and detail, If it wasn't for the white around it I think it would look great. In the new ones I am stuck between the parrot and the white dragon, although I like them all but those are my favorites. Good job.

silazu said:
These a nice, I really like the bluish dragon looking one you put in the old category because I really enjoy the shading and detail, If it wasn't for the white around it I think it would look great. In the new ones I am stuck between the parrot and the white dragon, although I like them all but those are my favorites. Good job.

Thanks!

I do study them, but on the dex template I'm using, the boxes are larger than 80x80- the average sprite height. So they don't look to small, I try to do them in proportion to the boxes...

NEW CARD!

mh7xtt.jpg

Sorry if it isn't very good, it's all my tired mind can come up with.
EDIT: Also, what is the font used in a footer on Pokémon cards?

Well, stop doing it if you know it's wrong.

I think it is pretty good, I especially like the artwork for your own Fakemon... Keep trying and you can get a reaaaaaally good Faker...

Cansu, Gurasinu and Poislorain V.2!!!

25hpm41.jpg

I have tried to brush up on my spriting skills, so please tell me if I've improved, or if
you just like the sprites.

Teal said:
They are definitely better.

Thanks, I've tried to smoothen out shapes and make the sprite sizes more like the real sprites. I also added more of a dimension to them, and more careful shading.

Well I love the shading and highlights, makes me want to get into sprite stuff more :D

aschefield101 said:
Well I love the shading and highlights, makes me want to get into sprite stuff more :D

Thanks, seeing Pokémon sprites are so inspiring, especially if they're Fakémon ones!

Indeed, really high quality. I really like every new sprites in the first post. Most of them are unique and have better designs than the original ones. My favourite ones are all of your words, especially the colorful one, it is really authentic - but the other ones are also cool too, like the snake. If I need to say some critics, the only thing I can tell is that a few of them, like the new one's basic version, looks a bit identical to already existing Pokémon. For example, Cansu looks like as a ground version of Eevee. The penultimate one looks like as Sigilyph. However, as I said, it's only a few, and the bird ones are really unique and don't need any fixes for them. I like them, and keep up the good work!

UNAMED POKÉMON:

2hfonth.jpg

I don't know what to name these ones! The first one is a basic starter Pokémon, the second it's evoloution.
Some kind of eastern dragon type starter.

Koitogon and Itogon? These are combination of the Japanese words Koito (Puppy) / Ito (Dog) and Doragon (Dragon). Or if you prefer English sounding names, Doddy and Doddon or Doggon. By the way, nice designs, even thought there are some major differences in the designs, it is a really good evolution line.

Back