Arcticwhite's Fake Cards *Update* Fakémon Water Starter! 28/03/2016

RE: Arcticwhite's Sprites!

Sheodon said:
Koitogon and Itogon? These are combination of the Japanese words Koito (Puppy) / Ito (Dog) and Doragon (Dragon). Or if you prefer English sounding names, Doddy and Doddon or Doggon. By the way, nice designs, even thought there are some major differences in the designs, it is a really good evolution line.

Good idea, what could the last evo be?

Last evo for fire starter!
10q9s9e.jpg

Please comment!

Nice design, it reminds me of the Chinese Dragons (which are one of my favourite creatures along with Dinosaurs), but also has its unique features from its evolution lines! Keep up the good work!

The name could be Itolong, as Long is Dragon in Chinese language and mostly referring to the dragon in the Asian culture, which is different from the original European dragon. Or also Lonkami, referring to both Long and Japanese Okami, word for wolf.

Sheodon said:
Nice design, it reminds me of the Chinese Dragons (which are one of my favourite creatures along with Dinosaurs), but also has its unique features from its evolution lines! Keep up the good work!

The name could be Itolong, as Long is Dragon in Chinese language and mostly referring to the dragon in the Asian culture, which is different from the original European dragon. Or also Lonkami, referring to both Long and Japanese Okami, word for wolf.

Thanks, I'll give you credit for those names! I also like Chinese dragons, and since no one has crated a starter like that, I thought it would be a good idea!

Arcticwhite said:
Sheodon said:

Thanks, I'll give you credit for those names! I also like Chinese dragons, and since no one has crated a starter like that, I thought it would be a good idea!

Sure, no problem, and thank you for giving credit for the names! I'll give more ideas if you need more. :) Yeah, it's nice to see some chinese folklore references connected with Pokémon. The story of Sun Wukong is just screaming to be created in this universe.

RE: Arcticwhite's Fakémon Cards, sprites and stuff!!!

POKÉMON STARTERS:

17ab2e.jpg

Sorry if they're not the best of quality, as I made them a bit too small whilst sketching them...

My first ever full art card attempt:

30vchsw.jpg

I tried to give the image a texture like on real full art cards. I also added on a holo sheet.
Please comment, as I'm pretty proud of this one!
Might even be the best fake I've made so far...

Credit to aschefield101 for the AWESOME blank and symbols!

I like the cards and Pokemon. On the last card, the energy symbols (I mean Grass, Lightning, Fire, etc.) comes before the colorless symbol. The starters are pretty great specially the bird one.

ALSO:
Cosmegon coloured + textured original size
EDIT: Aaargh! How did I miss those white patches on the spikes!!!??? *Throws computer across the room*

ic07bc.jpg

Flygon2071 said:
I like the cards and Pokemon. On the last card, the energy symbols (I mean Grass, Lightning, Fire, etc.) comes before the colorless symbol. The starters are pretty great specially the bird one.

Whoops, just a mistake I made in the energy symbols. Just a one-off...
Glad you liked the Fakémon, though!

I'll be updating those FA EX blanks tomorrow hopefully arctic, so watch the website for those :)

I like the textures you've used, the gold outlines are always a tiny bit thicker though and have a varying yellow/gold gradient (to simulate a shine etc)

Bang on another background image/texture, like some sort of element related to the pokemon used and/or type of card and voila, supreme FA'ness :D

aschefield101 said:
I'll be updating those FA EX blanks tomorrow hopefully arctic, so watch the website for those :)

I like the textures you've used, the gold outlines are always a tiny bit thicker though and have a varying yellow/gold gradient (to simulate a shine etc)

Bang on another background image/texture, like some sort of element related to the pokemon used and/or type of card and voila, supreme FA'ness :D

I'll keep that in mind next time. Also, I'll update the new card with the energy symbols in the right order.
I think I drew the Pokemon a bit too big with a sharpie, so when I shrunk it on the computer the lines were too thin.

Arcticwhite said:
I'll keep that in mind next time. Also, I'll update the new card with the energy symbols in the right order.
I think I drew the Pokemon a bit too big with a sharpie, so when I shrunk it on the computer the lines were too thin.

I've done that many a time as well :)

Pokémon Cosmegon (Eternal Forme) EX:
33arton.jpg

Oops, missed out the word 'Damage'!

A mythical Pokémon that transforms during the solstice and equinox; becoming strong and large during solsice, and fast and nimble during equinox. Past solstice until equinox, the Pokemon stays in the same forme, and same goes for equinox.

I've not had much time this weekend sadly arc, for the blanks etc. Won't be able to get a few of them uploaded until Tuesday now :(

aschefield101 said:
SR EX ones uploaded and updated Arctic :)

Cool, I'll go check those out!
(In your usual thread, right?)

Ooh, cool! I don't think the background quite works, though. Too dark, or something. :/

Back