'Ancient Origins' Set List Discussion Thread

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have had sets have 1 EX that doesn't have a FA? Like Aegislash and Charizard #12. I don't think pokemon would make 8 FA Pokemon EX that aren't megas in one set. Despite already having the 3 SR Megas, I think pokemon will still put in 2 FA Supporters and maybe SR items too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have had sets have 1 EX that doesn't have a FA? Like Aegislash and Charizard #12. I don't think pokemon would make 8 FA Pokemon EX that aren't megas in one set. Despite already having the 3 SR Megas, I think pokemon will still put in 2 FA Supporters and maybe SR items too.

The thing with Aegislash and Charizard is that those cards weren't released in the main Japan sets but as side sets or promos that didn't feature them with FA's. For the american release they all get crammed together into one set, FA or not. But all EX's that originated from a Japanese main set gets a FA.

The thing with Aegislash and Charizard is that those cards weren't released in the main Japan sets but as side sets or promos that didn't feature them with FA's. For the american release they all get crammed together into one set, FA or not. But all EX's that originated from a Japanese main set gets a FA.
Still, 8 FAs is a lot. The only other set to do this was Primal Clash, but that set had 164 cards in it with tidal storm and gaia volcano having 72 cards in each. This set only has 95 cards, which makes 8 FA regular EXs unlikely to me.

Still, 8 FAs is a lot. The only other set to do this was Primal Clash, but that set had 164 cards in it with tidal storm and gaia volcano having 72 cards in each. This set only has 95 cards, which makes 8 FA regular EXs unlikely to me.
Roaring skies had just as many FA
mega Rayquaza
rayquaza
mega gallade
gallade
mega latios
latios
shaymin
hydriegon
thundurous
wally
winnona
thats 9 full art pokemon and 2 supporters.

Roaring skies had just as many FA
mega Rayquaza
rayquaza
mega gallade
gallade
mega latios
latios
shaymin
hydriegon
thundurous
wally
winnona
thats 9 full art pokemon and 2 supporters.
I'm specifically talking about basic pokemon EX. If this set had 8 FAs of those pokemon I'd be in shock.

Although we've only had two sets, since PRC we've got every single EX as a FA bar the Dragon MRays because they were released as part of pre-made deck in Japan, not in the main set.

It seems likely that every EX in a main Japanese set now gets a FA. Remember, PRC is kinda like a BCR set in that it marks a kind of new era in that generation. In BCR we saw textured FA cards a new concept (ACE SPECS). In PRC we got a new concept (ATs) and I think a new approach to FAs, in that every card gets a FA.

I'm specifically talking about basic pokemon EX. If this set had 8 FAs of those pokemon I'd be in shock.
I honestly think they will all have full arts if we don't see any full art supporter.
If you count in the 2 supporters in ROS than that comes out to 8 full arts minus megas.
so 8 regular pokemon full arts wouldn't be too farfetched if they decide to not print full art supporters.
If they do , skip out on giving a poke or 2 a full art than i hope its Kyurem and giratina because I really want a regular full art lugia lol
not to mention im sick of full art supporters lol especially in japanese because there so much easier to pull than the pokemon full arts so you end up with so many dupes if you buy a case and full arts aren't easy to come by in japanese boxes either lol Waste of a full art im my opinion.

Although we've only had two sets, since PRC we've got every single EX as a FA bar the Dragon MRays because they were released as part of pre-made deck in Japan, not in the main set.

It seems likely that every EX in a main Japanese set now gets a FA. Remember, PRC is kinda like a BCR set in that it marks a kind of new era in that generation. In BCR we saw textured FA cards a new concept (ACE SPECS). In PRC we got a new concept (ATs) and I think a new approach to FAs, in that every card gets a FA.
The textured FA actully started in NXD. The texture was just crappy and it was only the background and some of the pokemon. Then DRX had FA with thhthe pokemon being full textured along with the background.
You are definitely right though with PRC marking a change in how they distribute FA to pokemon.
Judging by that , i would say all ex's in this set get a full art.

Now after the leak of hex trainer im starting to think maybe 2 ex's wont get get full arts and ace and hex trainer will. Kind of makes me nervous because I want a new lugia full art that isn't team plasma!!! But then again I want a new giratina full art too!! Lol kyurem..not so much hahaha this sets so confusing i just want all the scans now hahaha

9- Combee
10- Vespiquen
11- Vespiquen HA

No Leafeon in the Set

16- Larvesta
17- Volcarona
18- Volcarona HA

An I think no more Fire Pokémon (except 1: "13 Flareon")

Primal Kyogre EX UR is 93, Primal Groudon EX UR is 94.
CHgrPRRUwAAnHSa.png
CHgrPPsUkAAp62a.png

looks like we aren't getting full art trainers

Last edited:
I'll admit, I'm slightly disappointed by that. I've loved the FA Supporter cards we've gotten and really would have loved to see one for the Hex Maniac, which is one of my favourite classes. I suppose it's still possible if they, perhaps, decide to not make FA Megas in XY7 and instead save those to be Shiny FA URs in the next set, but I don't really think that's super likely.

I'll admit, I'm slightly disappointed by that. I've loved the FA Supporter cards we've gotten and really would have loved to see one for the Hex Maniac, which is one of my favourite classes. I suppose it's still possible if they, perhaps, decide to not make FA Megas in XY7 and instead save those to be Shiny FA URs in the next set, but I don't really think that's super likely.
I honestly think the shiny UR megas are just a one time thing.
The mega FA are too popular to stop printing now so if we were to get 2 FA supporter i think it would be 1 or 2 of lugia , kyurem or giratina to not get full arts to make space for them.
or they really did just decide to skip out on them altogether. This is a set based around the new movie so in order to make space for all the pokemon they are skipping the full art supporters this set.
We will find out on friday or saturday when the whole set leaks!!!

So the reveal of Golett is actually one of the most confusing thing in this set. It is 34/81, which puts it right next to the AT Golurk, leaving no space for a non-AT Golurk.

Have they ever done a AT Pokemon without a non-AT Pokemon accompanying it?

So the reveal of Golett is actually one of the most confusing thing in this set. It is 34/81, which puts it right next to the AT Golurk, leaving no space for a non-AT Golurk.

Not yet, but ATs have only been around for a few sets, so it's not really all that surprising if they choose to change that now.

Also, yeah, I don't think the Shiny URs are going to be an on-going thing either, but it is one possible way that we could still get Supporter FAs in this set.

Remember that Golurk is a dual Ground/Ghost type Pokemon, so we might get a fighting type non-AT Golurk. Also the reveal of Vespiquen basically confirms that Cottonee and Whimsicott are fairy types, since there's no more room before Virizion.

Back