'Alter Genesis,' 'High Class Pack 2019' Sets Announced for Japan!

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Don't be silly Ash, we'll have 8 tiers of whatever the Gen 8 LV. X/EX/GX gimmick is.

But we'll get 1 Aipom card in all of gen 8, so progress!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Don't be silly Ash, we'll have 8 tiers of whatever the Gen 8 LV. X/EX/GX gimmick is.

But we'll get 1 Aipom card in all of gen 8, so progress!
Of course! I truly cannot wait for the Shining Full Art Full-Metal Gold Rainbow Gold Star cards we'll be getting, that's a palette swap of the same thing 6 times over.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
It was picked as the first Pokemon that came to mind as something that hasn't appeared in Gen 7 at all yet. If I really wanted to go for the gutpunch, I would have picked Budew because it only has 2 cards to Mantyke's 3.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
I think it's moreso some of the decisions they made on the collector's side of things that made Gen 7 leave a bit of a bad taste in some people's mouths (such as my own). I've gone on record saying it 10000000 times, but I still do think that Rainbow Rares and the full art items are the worst ultra rares ever printed in the TCG's history. However. I think everything @Blob55 said earlier does apply.

Gen 7 took a LOT of steps forward and a lot of steps back. I would only hope Gen 8's TCG keeps what they did right this time, and not make the same mistakes again. But who knows, they could be even worse than this era. I would hope not, though.
I honestly don't see many non-legendary/mythical/popular Pokémon you can catch outside of Galar or Sinnoh (if it gets a remake) will be getting cards until late Gen 8. Gen 7 TCG added a lot of neglected cards in including babies, which we haven't seen since Gen 4 but they started doing it too late and there's no way the rest of the babies or cardless Megas will get cards at this rate.

Unless each set has 200+ cards in it from the start or they seriously cut back on the variety of Rares, there's always going to be Pokémon like Budew and Sawsbuck.

Who knows, maybe the Gen 8 TCG will mix formats and have Megas and Babies from the start, but with a lot of new Pokémon and forms being released later this year, it's easier to just focus on them for a year or so than continue advertising older Pokémon.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I would very much like to see those Tag Teams, including the golden secret rare that’s gonna be here someday.

Primal Latios

Aspiring Trainer
I do believe most of those will be broken off as boxes or prenium collections.
I would have said that it could be our mini set but we already have hidden fates in the pipeline for that

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Alter Genesis will most likely be a component of our November set along with Remix Bout and Dream League, while so far it sounds like the High Class Pack thing is exclusively reprints.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
>Solgaleo and Lunala and Ultra Necrozma all on the same card

Does that make sense within the series canon? (legitimately asking, as if it matters at all)

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
So Dream League has Solgaleo and Lunala on the pack art, makin the possibility of Solgaleo & Lunala TTGX, Remix Bout will get Solgaleo, Lunala & Ultra Necrozma TTGX but the difference is... possibly SHINY versions. This could be a possible way to introduce Shiny Cosmog in USUM, probably SwoShi. Currently, Cosmog is shiny-locke so does its evolutions. Necrozma also makes a great Shiny introduction.

I assume the Red & Blue was the Battle Tree one.

FlatR0KIT

Aspiring Trainer
According to the new getting BIIIIG mechanism in the new Sword & Shield game,
guess we can use those big ass jumbo cards in the new sets now lolll

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
>Solgaleo and Lunala and Ultra Necrozma all on the same card

Does that make sense within the series canon? (legitimately asking, as if it matters at all)
It's implied (and outright shown in the anime) Necrozma can attain its Ultra form without absorbing Solgaleo and Lunala if it maintains a healthy diet of light. Plus Solgaleo and Lunala are actually just rare interdimensional Pokemon and not unique entities; Cosmog is basically Ultra Wurmple if you think about it.

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
Oh darn here I was hoping for a tag team of four and they use the Tapu's....

But it is a shame there won't be a tag team with the Legendary Beasts, Or Lugia and Ho-oh

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
Well the sun and moon block will be coming to an end probably after December so they can't cram everything into like the last 3 sets. Can someone also tell weather black and white will be rotating after sun and moon ends or will it be 2020's rotation?