'Alter Genesis,' 'High Class Pack 2019' Sets Announced for Japan!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jun 3, 2019.

1. AngryBokoblin Guzzlord is fun
    AngryBokoblin

Does the supporter use your GX attack?!

Lord Goomy likes this.

2. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

I’d like to see the art on the Solgalunacrozma. I’d also like to see how much damage it does.
    The Tag Team supporter... will it have the [+] sign? Or something else? This is very interesting.
    Also, should it be a <>, because you’re only supposed to be able to use 1 GX attack in a game?
    I like these a lot, thank you.

3. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

Nah, Black and White will never rotate.
    In all actuality, it looks like they’re gonna rotate all of BW and all of XY at the same time with the rate we’re going at.

4. OVERGRO Pokemon is lyfe.
    OVERGRO

I had initially guessed that they wouldn't re-use any of the old LEGEND combos on Tag Teams to keep things distinct. Then, this set was announced and kinda blew that theory away. I mean, it still might hold true if they go with Dialga Palkia & Giratina(Altered?) TTGX rather than just D&P... but that's unlikely given that Giratina-O already got TTGX treatment alongside Garchomp as the star of GG End.

Good old LEGEND cards.

5. Merovingian Time to get surreal!
    Merovingian

Articles Staff Member

Hot take on the "Tag Team Supporter":

I'm all for new mechanics, but I can see the Tag Supporters going in two directions. And these effects can be looked at on a sliding scale. For this example, garbage effects could be on the far left side, and something game winning could be on the far right side:

- Subpar X effect (far left), supremely difficult to complete Y condition. Uber secondary Z effect (far right)

- Decent X effect (left, closer to the middle), easy to obtain Y condition. Better X effect (right, closer to the middle)

I do not envy TCPi R&D in this one because I feel like these designs are going to look super exciting, but fall flat (1st example), or not be as exciting or innovative, but potentially overpowered (second example).

The "Double trainers" look like the closest example we have to go off of (Puzzle of Time, Missing Clover, Custom Catcher, Power Spray, etc). And from that, we have seen that there's either crazy fun effects that will rarely, if ever, see play, or overpowered effects. I think Custom Catcher is probably the closest we have to balance at the moment and I hope that they have harnessed this.

But at the same time, I'm looking at how neat the Prism Star mechanic was and I felt like they didn't tap into it as hard as they could have between type-specific stadiums, covering all the types for Prism Pokemon, and covering more of the antagonists (namely the RR bosses).

At least with the Tag Supporters, there's less of an expectation as to what they could cover as far as card thematics. Seems more palatable.

Grass-Type Farm Owner likes this.
  6. Number51x Blasting off at the speed of light!
    Number51x

Blue is the new Green.

"The preorder sheet confirms a “Red & Green” Tag Team Supporter card will appear in the set, as you can see with the dummy image above."

7. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

Well yeah, the girl is Blue in Japan so they're not going to have our names on their hype sheets. lol

8. Blob55 Aspiring Trainer
    Blob55

Yeah, August 2020 will only have sets from Team Up on and 3 SwSh sets.

TheAquaPiplup likes this.
  9. Volkner123 Champion in training
    Volkner123

The supporter card is an interesting idea. Although I think it’s gonna be ‘Red and Blue’ not ‘Red and Green’
    That’s what their called in the Let’s go games and in the game there is a completely different character named ‘Green’

10. Number51x Blasting off at the speed of light!
    Number51x

Ooooh. I was unaware of that!

11. pokeraider123456 Aspiring Trainer
    pokeraider123456

could be like the z crystals

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?