'Alter Genesis,' 'High Class Pack 2019' Sets Announced for Japan!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

Don't be silly Ash, we'll have 8 tiers of whatever the Gen 8 LV. X/EX/GX gimmick is.

But we'll get 1 Aipom card in all of gen 8, so progress!

2. AshCo I gotta spruce this place up for the GAAAEEEEMS
    AshCo

Of course! I truly cannot wait for the Shining Full Art Full-Metal Gold Rainbow Gold Star cards we'll be getting, that's a palette swap of the same thing 6 times over.

TheAquaPiplup and Frost like this.
  3. NaganadelIsBeast Pun Intended
    NaganadelIsBeast

Hold on do I see that Naganadel GX reprint! (It saw play is Beast Box so it’ll probably be in High Class Pack).

4. Merovingian Time to get surreal!
    Merovingian

Articles Staff Member

I’ll bet a Gold Star Celebi that the hinted at UB Tag Team is Kartana and Celesteela.

5. Number51x Blasting off at the speed of light!
    Number51x

Started a conversation on this. Check your inbox.

6. Merovingian Time to get surreal!
    Merovingian

Articles Staff Member

Mantyke says “quit your bellyaching in regards to Aipom”

7. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

It was picked as the first Pokemon that came to mind as something that hasn't appeared in Gen 7 at all yet. If I really wanted to go for the gutpunch, I would have picked Budew because it only has 2 cards to Mantyke's 3.

8. Blob55 Aspiring Trainer
    Blob55

I honestly don't see many non-legendary/mythical/popular Pokémon you can catch outside of Galar or Sinnoh (if it gets a remake) will be getting cards until late Gen 8. Gen 7 TCG added a lot of neglected cards in including babies, which we haven't seen since Gen 4 but they started doing it too late and there's no way the rest of the babies or cardless Megas will get cards at this rate.

Unless each set has 200+ cards in it from the start or they seriously cut back on the variety of Rares, there's always going to be Pokémon like Budew and Sawsbuck.

Who knows, maybe the Gen 8 TCG will mix formats and have Megas and Babies from the start, but with a lot of new Pokémon and forms being released later this year, it's easier to just focus on them for a year or so than continue advertising older Pokémon.

9. crystal_pidgeot Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
    crystal_pidgeot

How many sets do they have coming out this year?

10. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

I would very much like to see those Tag Teams, including the golden secret rare that’s gonna be here someday.

11. Primal Latios Aspiring Trainer
    Primal Latios

Advanced Member Member

I do believe most of those will be broken off as boxes or prenium collections.
    I would have said that it could be our mini set but we already have hidden fates in the pipeline for that

12. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

Alter Genesis will most likely be a component of our November set along with Remix Bout and Dream League, while so far it sounds like the High Class Pack thing is exclusively reprints.

13. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

14. DMYSYS DUMMY SYSTEM
    DMYSYS

>Solgaleo and Lunala and Ultra Necrozma all on the same card

Does that make sense within the series canon? (legitimately asking, as if it matters at all)

15. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

So Dream League has Solgaleo and Lunala on the pack art, makin the possibility of Solgaleo & Lunala TTGX, Remix Bout will get Solgaleo, Lunala & Ultra Necrozma TTGX but the difference is... possibly SHINY versions. This could be a possible way to introduce Shiny Cosmog in USUM, probably SwoShi. Currently, Cosmog is shiny-locke so does its evolutions. Necrozma also makes a great Shiny introduction.

I assume the Red & Blue was the Battle Tree one.

16. FlatR0KIT Aspiring Trainer
    FlatR0KIT

According to the new getting BIIIIG mechanism in the new Sword & Shield game,
    guess we can use those big ass jumbo cards in the new sets now lolll

17. TheRealBro.. Venusaur used FlowerPower; his chillness rose 300%
    TheRealBro..

Red & Blue on a tag ''team'' card.. That's not how I remember the good old days when you actually had a rival

18. Grass-Type Farm Owner Aspiring Trainer
    Grass-Type Farm Owner

It's implied (and outright shown in the anime) Necrozma can attain its Ultra form without absorbing Solgaleo and Lunala if it maintains a healthy diet of light. Plus Solgaleo and Lunala are actually just rare interdimensional Pokemon and not unique entities; Cosmog is basically Ultra Wurmple if you think about it.

The Last Shaymin and Blob55 like this.
  19. Snowy Lilacs Aspiring Trainer
    Snowy Lilacs

Oh darn here I was hoping for a tag team of four and they use the Tapu's....

But it is a shame there won't be a tag team with the Legendary Beasts, Or Lugia and Ho-oh

OVERGRO likes this.
  20. Tytus Aspiring Trainer
    Tytus

Well the sun and moon block will be coming to an end probably after December so they can't cram everything into like the last 3 sets. Can someone also tell weather black and white will be rotating after sun and moon ends or will it be 2020's rotation?

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?