(4) Dragons Exalted, McDonalds, BW6 Booster Box Promo - Flygon!, Fall Tins [5/26]

I want dat Flygon. Third favorite Pokemon all time. As for the McDonalds promotion, you can bet your PokeDollars that I'm buying the Dewott and Pikachu.

Pretty cool pack art and AWESOME tins. Finally gonna get my hands on some darkrai!

I think I just lost 200 bucks.

Am I the only one mad about the tinned EXs?

Glaceon said:
I think I just lost 200 bucks.

Am I the only one mad about the tinned EXs?

Pretty much, everybody is happy to get more cheaply. Besides, mid-September is after worlds and nationals and all, so if you're going to those then buying Darkrai/Mewtwo wasn't that bad a waste.

^ That is a really good point, and I think I think it is mainly for young players.

This is the best news ever. Of all time. :)

I can make so many decks I wanted to make now, I am too overjoyed about the tins to comment on anything else right now. :)

Pokemon, I love you.

Ok, now that I've taken a minute I can talk about the other stuff. Flygon actually looks quite playable, with a nice ability and an at least decent attack (paralysis is always nice). I personally would probably run him with Terrakion EX (energy acceleration) and Groudon EX (abuse the damage counters from Flygon). I think hay could be a fun deck.

Also, the pack art on Dragon Exhalted is awesome, and the name sounds a lot better than I thought I would- I actually like a lot.

I need to start saving my money. :)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH!!!

Okay, now that that's over with.

I want those tins now! Whoever put those cards in the new tins needs to be promoted and get a raise!

Not too happy about McDonalds promos again, they sucked last time so this time better make up for it. (plus I don't ever get happy meals anymore)

That Flygon will be fun to play with Gothitelle EP and Blend Energy GRPD! Imagine it, all you have on your bench is a few Gothitelle and your opponent needs to Catcher something other than Flygon up, because Sand Prison will let one of their Pokemon be in KO range on your next turn, all they can Catcher up is Gothitelle and then be Trainer Locked until it is KO'd or Flygon comes back out.

Or you can play Flygon with Darkrai for annoying spread.

The name isn't all that great in my opinion, but the Dragons Exalted pack art is amazing. I think I'm going to buy as much as this set as possible just to look at the packs xD.

The McDonalds toys don't look as good as last time, although I do like the Pikachu one.

That Flygon looks pretty good, artwork and playability. I'd probably want to test it out with something once it's realesed in the States.

Once I read what's in the Fall tins, I sat there laughing for a few minutes. Darkrai EX and Mewtwo EX's prices are going to drop. A LOT. These may be the first tins I buy multiples of.

*Sigh* time to go to 5 different mcdonalds...again to collect all the toys!!! Good thing I just buy the toy for like 1.25 instead of eatting those nasty salty happy meals. Hey hey, my League is at a McDonalds=win!!! :p OMG YAYYY Flygon!!! HOOOLLYYYYYY COOOOWWWW YAAAY TINS TINS TINS!!! I think I just saw my wallet just whimper and run away...

Brave Vesperia said:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH!!

Okay, now that that's over with.

I want those tins now! Whoever put those cards in the new tins needs to be promoted and get a raise!

Not too happy about McDonalds promos again, they sucked last time so this time better make up for it. (plus I don't ever get happy meals anymore)

That Flygon will be fun to play with Gothitelle EP and Blend Energy GRPD! Imagine it, all you have on your bench is a few Gothitelle and your opponent needs to Catcher something other than Flygon up, because Sand Prison will let one of their Pokemon be in KO range on your next turn, all they can Catcher up is Gothitelle and then be Trainer Locked until it is KO'd or Flygon comes back out.

Or you can play Flygon with Darkrai for annoying spread.

Gothitelle is useless with Flygon imo. Both can't be active at the same time and the scenario you described is pretty rare. Adding to that, once they Catcher Gothitelle sure they're trainer locked, but Gothitelle's damage output is very poor and many metagame cards can just 1-2HKO it. I think Flygon's best pairing would be with Garchomp and possibly Terrakion EX-they all use Fighting and the same Blend Energy. Also, with Flygon and Garchomp's one retreat, you can send in Flygon, attack and paralyze, then switch back to Garchomp and hit for 100 resulting in a KO on any EX without the EX attacking. It might have a bit of trouble with space though, but it seems pretty good on paper.

Edit: oh wait Flygon uses Grass and Fighting not Electric and Fighting. Meh, that puts a damper on the combo, but it might still be plausible.

Um, the release date for the new set is probably August 15th, not April. Otherwise we'd all be pretty excited already!

Back