(4) Dragons Exalted, McDonalds, BW6 Booster Box Promo - Flygon!, Fall Tins [5/26]

Dragons Exalted is a very fitting name...one that would make sense even if TPCi wasn't trying to force-feed us set names to incorporate "X." I might have to pick up a few boosters -- can't wait to hold some Dragon-type cards in my own hands!

"August's English set will be named Dragons Exalted and will feature Giratina, Rayquaza, Gyarados, and Terrakion on its booster packs. This will be the first English set to feature the new Dragon-type, which was first introduced in Japan this past January in the Dragon Selection mini-set. Along with the aforementioned mini-set, Dragons Exalted will be comprised of cards from BW5 Dragon Blade / Dragon Blast. The set will be released in America on April 15th, with prereleases taking place the weekends of August 4th and 11th. Thanks goes to PokeCollection for the news!"

Whoops.

Well with the new tins, there goes my chance of buying a booster case of the set. Also, am I the only one who thinks the booster packs look like FRLG packs?h

I think there was a typo when you guys said that it was going to be released April 15th. That is false.

I'm mad about the tins. I traded a lot for Darkrai. I yelled when I saw that. And then I remembered that I traded Mewtwo for a Darkrai, and I was like :) and then I remembered that I traded Tornadus-EX FA, 2 FA N and a Catcher for the other one and I yelled again.

Vablakes said:
I think there was a typo when you guys said that it was going to be released April 15th. That is false.

I'm mad about the tins. I traded a lot for Darkrai. I yelled when I saw that. And then I remembered that I traded Mewtwo for a Darkrai, and I was like :) and then I remembered that I traded Tornadus-EX FA, 2 FA N and a Catcher for the other one and I yelled again.

It's not like Darkrai is going to go down in value now. Just get rid of Darkrai while you can after you're done with it. I wish they would have made these tins sooner (except Rayquaza) so we could use them for Nats.

Sell dem Mewtwos and Darkrais now. Or right before Nats and Worlds.

That Flygon IS playable :D! And I'm about 95% positive that discarding a rainbow energy or something will provide both (at least if the translation is accurate)

Oh man, McDolans! I have an interview a local one today at 2, oddly enough. This'll make me try even harder to get the job :D

So... Dragon Exalted... Does that mean whenever a Pokemon attacks alone it gets +1/+1 until the end of turn? :p

LOL Dragons Exalted... one of the worst set names ever IMO, I'm sorry.

Won't be bothering with the McDonald's promotion this year since it looks like all of the cards are reprints.

Love the tin promos because I've been waiting patiently to complete Next Destinies since February, as the two Mewtwo are all I need. It's also nice that they realized the potential for Rayquaza to explode in price like Mewtwo and Darkrai did and they nipped that before it could happen.

New set, great artwork, OK. Cool.
McDonalds toys? Looks like I am going to McDonalds and buying just the toys. Cool.
Flygon? Looks like an interesting card. Cool.
FALL TINS TO FEATURE MEWTWO EX, DARKRAI EX, AND RAYQUAZA EX? This is the best thing Pokemon has done to its players in a while.
Yes, I did waste $150 on Mewtwo EX, but its all good!

I have one word to describe the set name.

Bant.

Also this.

Image.ashx

How fitting, it's from the set called eXodus.

hahahaha those fall tins. Now everyone's collection is worthless again. Pokémon sure doesn't like having valuable cards in print. I'm really glad I just lost $100 worth of cards. Ah, oh well, I'm really excited for the McDonald's promos.

I just really want to see the set list because I suspect TPCI cut some cards since Dragon Selection was 18 new cards, Dragon Blade/Dragon Blast was 106 (not counting secret rares), then the DB/DB theme decks also had 18 new cards which would be 142. We haven't had a set that large since I think Supreme Victors or Secret Wonders, so it makes me doubtful we'll actually get all of those :/

Vulpix Yolk said:
Pokémon sure doesn't like having valuable cards in print.

o_O What? Hasn't there always been an issue with the fact some cards are overpriced due to their rarity and popularity? I don't think the Pokémon Company minds having valuable cards in print at all, they just like throwing players a bone every once in a while (this being one of those times). In recent memory... Wasn't Luxray GL Lv.X super expensive? As far as I can remember, that never really got alleviated in any way.

Anyway, I like the name "Dragons Exalted" - makes them sound royal and important. The pack art is pretty neat as well, though Giratina's background / effects look a little odd from that picture.

Ok, everyone complaining about the tins... They're not out for MONTHS. A solid month after the new set. Rayquaza EX alone would have dropped the price of the other 2 EX's. They will still be in high demand for nats and world's. the reasons to trade high for darkrai still exist: collection (since a real collector won't settle for tin promos. If they did, they would just wait for the world championship decks) and competitive play. with the 2 biggest tournaments of the year coming before, you will still need the cards to win.

That leaves hoarders and price gougers in the cold (kind of). Since the tins will keep the prices down as son as they come out. But, before they're out, it'll only lower it by $5ish.. So why complain?

Xous said:
o_O What? Hasn't there always been an issue with the fact some cards are overpriced due to their rarity and popularity? I don't think the Pokémon Company minds having valuable cards in print at all, they just like throwing players a bone every once in a while (this being one of those times). In recent memory... Wasn't Luxray GL Lv.X super expensive? As far as I can remember, that never really got alleviated in any way.

Anyway, I like the name "Dragons Exalted" - makes them sound royal and important. The pack art is pretty neat as well, though Giratina's background / effects look a little odd from that picture.

A lot of older cards are pretty $ too.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but TPCI makes their $$$ from people buying products right? That's how I know Konami(the company in charge of YGO) makes their money. If so, then these tins make sense because people will eat this up.

CarlosDuranJr said:
Ok, everyone complaining about the tins... They're not out for MONTHS. A solid month after the new set. Rayquaza EX alone would have dropped the price of the other 2 EX's. They will still be in high demand for nats and world's. the reasons to trade high for darkrai still exist: collection (since a real collector won't settle for tin promos. If they did, they would just wait for the world championship decks) and competitive play. with the 2 biggest tournaments of the year coming before, you will still need the cards to win.

That leaves hoarders and price gougers in the cold (kind of). Since the tins will keep the prices down as son as they come out. But, before they're out, it'll only lower it by $5ish.. So why complain?

Well said.

And last time I checked, this wasn't Yugioh(a game where there's pretty much always multiple cards that are $50-$100). People now have a shot at running Darkrai or Mewtwo.

crazynattyboy said:
I think dragons exalted is a horrible name. Dragon explosion would have been so much better
Agreed.

Now for the rest of everything else.

~Mewtwo, Darkrai, and Rayquaza tins = YAY!
~Dragon-types in the next set = YAY!
~Dragon Selection, Dragon Burst, and Dragon Blast all in the next set = YAY! (How do I know this? It's got Terrakion EX.)
~McDonalds food being salty and unhealthy = I agree; it's disgusting
~Flygon having Dusknoir's Poke-Power = YAY!
~Dragons Exalted as the next name = meh

And now the rest of us won't have to shell out $60. For those of you who are mad about the tins lowering the price so that the rest of us can get them, it's really not all about you. People complained that Uxie and Claydol were league promos, but most of us were very happy.

Wow that's awesome! Those tins will definitely take down the way too high prices of Darkrai EX and Mewtwo EX. I already accepted the fact those cards probably remained that high in price and I would have to either put a lot of money together or wait until the got out of formation.

Also, I am excited to see the new dragon types in english play, wonder if there are some Dragon types that will get high in the meta. Don't think Flygon it's all that great though.

About the Mcdonalds cards, I've yet to see Mcdonalds and Pokémon together in my country. Maybe I just missed them, because I rarely go to Mcdonalds.

Mudkip711 said:
Also, am I the only one who thinks the booster packs look like FRLG packs?

Personally, they reminded me more of EX Dragin Frontiers, for obvious reasons. Also I was hoping no one had pointed out the "April 15" yet. :p Prereleases 8 months before the set? Attendance will be crazy! The tins... are funny. Darkrai EX and Mewtwo EX's prices will skyrocket for Nats and Worlds. Then once Worlds is over, they'll slowly drop until the tins make them fairly low.

Back