News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

I thought you were implying something else....I really hope you weren't

What do you mean? I think a dual type Fighting / Normal would be very interesting.
It would be weak to psychic, instead of fighting as most normal types are.
Then, it would have "Scrappy" as its ability - if the active Pokemon is resistant to Lopunny's typing, the attacks of Lopunny do 30 damage more, not less.

just a little curious
1. how did you get this info it wasnt on the pokemon website
2. 100 bucks for the kanto starter breaks

Wouldn't it be fantastic if one of the cards reprinted were to be Kadabra (from Vending S3, the second one with 70HP and a retreat cost of 2)?

100 bucks for the kanto starter breaks
Seeing as Pokémon with Mega Evolutions don't get BREAK cards, I would avoid betting money on the trio getting BREAK cards. Besides, the three are getting EX and Mega cards, so it might be a little too much of the three.

I'd be down for a non-ACE SPEC Computer Search as well tbph.
I'm iffy on Crobat BREAK being in here tbph, because it'd only be usable in Expanded given Crobat is being rotated out.

So by the size of this set along with the only unique cards in the mass reprint set being outsourced this means we are not getting it.

Refreshing: although now I wonder why they didn't put Mega Beedrill in this set for the English one it would make sense.

Well I doubt this will happen but I'm going to 'request' that any Venusaur line in this set be purple bordered instead of green bordered.

just a little curious
1. how did you get this info it wasnt on the pokemon website

lol You must be new...
-------------

Anyway,
inb4, people saying the last Mega is Pidgeot when the set might have both Mega Charizards... I wouldn't be surprised if they did that...

I don't know if they will simply reprint the previous Kanto Megas' cards or if they will be new, but I hope there are FAs of them and Spirit Links this time. Again, I believe the Kanto Starters, Pikachu and Mewtwo/Mew FAs we're getting in the Red & Blue Collections / Super Premium Collection might have their japanese release in CP6, so whether or not there are other FA, those don't count for the 100 cards mark of this set.

Also, the description doesn't mention any sub-set of Mythical/Legendary Pokémon so they may not include the non-FA cards from Japan's CP5. In fact, it seems this set will be like Steam Siege and won't have many extra cards other than the promos from the Mega Slowbro + Surfing Pikachu pack. That's a shame as I was hoping they could include a few unreleased XY-P Promos of some Gen 1 Pokes. At least, Karen might be in it as it is a new card, not a reprint.

I doubt Crobat and Mandibuzz BREAK will be in this set as it seems it only contains Gen 1 Pokémon.

Finally, why another Dragonite-EX? Ninetales and Machamp will be BREAKs, they could have done a Dragonite BREAK instead... As for Starmie, I'm betting it is an EX.

Ninetales Break is kind of disappointing. Will have to see what the full art exs are before knowing if I'll collect the set.

Ninetales needs a full art. Not gold, regular.

Really looking forward to what will be in this set. I think it would be pretty cool if we got the 4 special grandmaster cards from the GBA TCG game and change them so they would be usable in the physical game and not just the video game

Please reprint this, that would look amazing.
148829.jpg

One unknown Mega-EX? I hope for @crystal_pidgeot that it is Mega Pidgeot! I also think it's interesting that both Ninetales and Machamp get BREAK cards, when they already both have EXs! The last two BREAK cards, could be Mandibuzz and Crobat, seeing as they are the only Japanese BREAK cards, that have yet to be released in English.

Kinda hoping for that Dragonite-EX to be Colourless, just to represent its' Flying-type!

I was hoping for that as well but we already know 4 of the 5 megas and they are Mega Blastoise, Mega Venusaur, Mega Charizard and Mega Slowbro and while Mega Pidgeot would make me drain my bank account, people seem to be forgetting that Charizard has 2 megas so the 5th mega could just be the other Charizard form. Now this I think is the only Pokemon set to have more than 2 megas so to see that 3 of those Pokemon have at least 2 format legal megas is worrying for me.

Lets say Pidgeot is the 5th, that still leaves Pinsir EX and its mega shafted because they have to have a 7th Mega Charizard EX.

Maybe, though I highly doubt, we'll get some of the super strong trainers from Base Set reprinted in their original forms. I would love to see Pokemon Trader reprinted, though preferably as a trainer rather than supporter to act like the old Pokemon Communication did. Some other notable powerhouse cards include Itemfinder, Computer Search, and Super Energy Removal. Though considering they were Ace Specs, I doubt we'll see Computer Search or Itemfinder (Dowsing Machine) again. And I'm sure Super Energy Removal would anger ALOT of people.

More Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise EX cards? I like them pokemon but to keep making EX of them is not a good thing in my opinion.

9 of the 12 EX you can already gather from the set description. So that means 3 remain unknown. Atleast print other pokemon yet to get a EX.

I want to see a Mr.Fuji card but that was in Fossil set.

Back