News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

Or Venasur, Blastoise, and Charizard BREAK?

I recall reading somewhere (probably actually an article on Pokebeach LOL) that BREAKs are only for Pokemon who don't have a Mega and won't be getting one for the foreseeable future.

So no BREAK Kanto starters, sorry.

can't wait to see the base set Hitmonchan. Electabuzz. Blastoise. Chariard. and Venusaur.

As for trainers, i wouldn't mind seeing Lass again. a far more balanced version of Ghetsis.

Analysis: If they want to revive the "Base Set" thing, that means the HP will be cap to 120. Come on! Players want 150-200 on the damage!

I think we can safely assume the Abra line won't be reprinted since they're still spineless about making Kadabra cards.

Although I fully expect the starters, Pikachu and Raichu, and Mewtwo, Chansey and Zapdos at least

Once I see it in writing for America, i'll believe it. Though I've been saying we will see a reprint set at the end of the year for a while now, I could see these cards and some cards from CP5 also being in the set, besides the obvious reprints for cards from sets we're about to lose.

Somehow, I just don't get my hopes up that we'll get any really good cards or that we'll be seeing any use from the older Pokemon, due to their very low HP, pitiful damage and high cost. Any we certainly wont see a Professor Oak unless he is changed into a supporter, which will suck. I also doubt we'll see the return of Computer Search since ACE SPEC cards seems to have died off, unless they suddenly decide they aren't OP anymore and bring them back as normal cards, which I doubt.

I'm not going to get my hopes up too high about it until the time comes.

Ok after months of lurking at Pokebeach daily, I have finally signed up just to reply to this :p

And I know it says "Base Set" but if people are mentioning they wish for a full-art Moltres, then I'm gonna hope it includes not just cards from Base Set, but also from Jungle and Fossil. :D

I'd love to see the original 3 starters reprinted! :D
Their attacks (specially the stage 2's) need serious overhaul though

Alakazam's damage-transferring ability would be epic :O
Imagine that with Max Potion, Super Scoop Up, or AZ!

Will Clefairy still be rare and have that awesome Metronome attack (similar to M-Gengar-EX's and Zoroark-BREAK's attack) and will it be Fairy type now, together with Clefable? And speaking of Fairy types, there's Mr. Mime with that "I only take 20 damage or nothing" ability. :eek:

One of the best cards from back in the day was Gyarados from that Overgrowth theme deck. :D :D :D
The art on that card was just EPIC! The attacks need upgrades though :p

Hitmonchan was cool then, but a good upgrade to its first attack (Jab, F, 20 damage) would be added effect like Latios-EX's Fast Raid attack, wherein, if you play first, you can hit the opponent anyway. :p

Hopefully there will be a card similar to Fossil Researcher, but for the Gen 1 Fossils.
And Supporter cards of Brock, Misty, and the other gym leaders! :D

I think people are missing that they only mentioned they are using the art: that doesn't mean the exact card from the original base set. Let me give an example of what they might do with this:

The Base Set had a Lass Trainer card that shuffled both players' Trainer Cards back into their deck. Doubt we'll see that effect hit standard even as a supporter limited to items as that would be a pretty cruel effect BUT we have had Lass's Special Printed in Fates Collide. What I'm expecting to see is a reprint of Lass's Special with the original Lass Art.

Chances are we MIGHT see some cards similar to the originals but I expect there to be updated versions or possible that it might be a completely new card with preexisting art. Take advantage of the Breeder and Trader to make new Supporters effects possibly with a spin to them.. Make an Oak not like the others maybe a Tutor for a Pokemon and a basic energy Or maybe have another Supporter like Giovanni's Scheme with multiple options there needs to be more of those.

Also side note on Giovanni make a print of 'Giovanni's Scheme' that with the art from 'The Boss's Way'. Also 'Misty's Determination' use the art on 'Misty's Wrath'

2d2f5b639a2c1c325df804e537f6dc11980b3f353e96c378a6d4135e29673a78.jpg

The line about "reinvention of the very first Pokémon trading cards" makes me hopeful that we may see old concepts with updated HP, Energy costs, damage, etc to make them playable instead of just straight reprints that would be outclassed. That's the right move.

Ask Professor Oak to get you started
Don't tease me like this.

Okay, I am HYPE. Kanto megas with Spirit Links this time? Old school Trainers... Is Oak going to be the new Sycamore and Professor Kukui going to do something entirely different? Or are we getting a Professor Oak's New Theory reprint? Or... or... aaaaa I don't even know but I'm hype.

I'm pretty sure we can safely say the unknown 5th mega is Pidgeot, though. 3 Kanto starters + Slowbro means Pidgeot's the only mega of a Kanto mon to not be printed yet.

Also YES NO DUMB REPRINT SET, RIP IN HELL COMPRESSOR AND TOAD AND TREVENANT

(also Karen totally counts as old-school right guys? TPCi please)

Last edited:
One unknown Mega-EX? I hope for @crystal_pidgeot that it is Mega Pidgeot! I also think it's interesting that both Ninetales and Machamp get BREAK cards, when they already both have EXs! The last two BREAK cards, could be Mandibuzz and Crobat, seeing as they are the only Japanese BREAK cards, that have yet to be released in English.

Kinda hoping for that Dragonite-EX to be Colourless, just to represent its' Flying-type!

With the Base Set remade it's a chance to relive my childhood in the current meta game makes my giddy with joy!

Charizard will reign again!!

They just need to increase the damage output and HP for this bad boy and we'll be good to go.
DCE + 2 Burning Energies.
Charizard.jpg

It looks like megas will continue in SM or we won't get Sableye, Banette, Medicean, etc. Also this is going to be very interesting

This is going to be so awesome. Bring back Computer Search! Bring back Item Finder!

...keep Energy Removal out of this though. Please.

Back