News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

Who else is hoping for the classic Scyther and Hitmonchan cards?

Hitmonchan would be very odd to exclude, but I wouldn't hold my breath for Scyther - it was released in Jungle rather than Base Set. Electabuzz is fair game though.

I have to feel a little sorry for the Unlimited players though. First they lose Bill, then Rare Candy gets nerfed, and now Oak's going to become a Supporter. Possibly Lass too, depending on how closely they hew to the original Base Set. Though I don't know if people actually use Lass in Unlimited.

I wonder how they'll handle some of the Trainers. Pokémon Breeder and Pokémon Trader ought to be Supporters based on current design aesthetic, but Rare Candy and Pokémon Communication suggest those effects are suitable power for Item cards. And then, of course, you have Energy Removal, Gust of Wind, Computer Search, and Item Finder, which are way above what an Item card should be able to do. I wouldn't be surprised if Energy Removal and Gust of Wind were given coin flips, if they appear at all.

More Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise EX cards? I like them pokemon but to keep making EX of them is not a good thing in my opinion.

9 of the 12 EX you can already gather from the set description. So that means 3 remain unknown. Atleast print other pokemon yet to get a EX.

I want to see a Mr.Fuji card but that was in Fossil set.

Another thing I should add is even if they give Pidgeot and Pinsir an EX card, there is nothing saying they will get their mega since Camerupt and Sharpedo never got theirs.

lol You must be new...
-------------

Anyway,
inb4, people saying the last Mega is Pidgeot when the set might have both Mega Charizards... I wouldn't be surprised if they did that...

I don't know if they will simply reprint the previous Kanto Megas' cards or if they will be new, but I hope there are FAs of them and Spirit Links this time. Again, I believe the Kanto Starters, Pikachu and Mewtwo/Mew FAs we're getting in the Red & Blue Collections / Super Premium Collection might have their japanese release in CP6, so whether or not there are other FA, those don't count for the 100 cards mark of this set.

Also, the description doesn't mention any sub-set of Mythical/Legendary Pokémon so they may not include the non-FA cards from Japan's CP5. In fact, it seems this set will be like Steam Siege and won't have many extra cards other than the promos from the Mega Slowbro + Surfing Pikachu pack. That's a shame as I was hoping they could include a few unreleased XY-P Promos of some Gen 1 Pokes. At least, Karen might be in it as it is a new card, not a reprint.

I doubt Crobat and Mandibuzz BREAK will be in this set as it seems it only contains Gen 1 Pokémon.

Finally, why another Dragonite-EX? Ninetales and Machamp will be BREAKs, they could have done a Dragonite BREAK instead... As for Starmie, I'm betting it is an EX.
Well actually there was the M Charizard X EX in Generations, so maybe this one will appear as the mega Y version. What we really need in this expansion is spirit links for the starter trio. Because there are like three megas each of these starters and no spirit links.

theory: Dance/Trans/Energy Burn will be the abilities of the big three EX cards instead of more faithful stage 2 retreads.

I hope they skip Electabuzz, Scyther and Hitmonchan because they already got their time to shine with the DP reprints. I'm going to try to keep my hype for this set down because I feel like there might not be as many reprints as we'd expect.

This was unexpected in my mind...

But, the possibility of a Fairy Transfer for grass-types(Venusaur's energy trans from Base Set)? I'm still excited for this! Who cares about the loss of Compressor to Expanded when you've got a different-type Aromatisse(Venusaur), and a Rain Dance Blastoise w/ the exact same effect as Deluge(Both originally from base set)??? I wonder what they will do about the cons of their original prints' limitation regarding Special Conditions?

^ Don't get me started on Kadabra... Although it's a Base Set card, one sighting of Kadabra here, and Uri Geller could be as mad as he was last decade after Dark Kadabra(?) convinced him to sue back in November 2000... So unless Geller and Nintendo settle prior to the release of this set, don't expect Kadabra reprints here, but if Alakazam appears in this set, expect Abra to have an ability that allows it to skip the "Geller taboo" card and evolve straight to Alakazam...

Last edited:
This is going to be so awesome. Bring back Computer Search! Bring back Item Finder!

...keep Energy Removal out of this though. Please.

Don't worry! We have hammers!

Wouldn't it be fantastic if one of the cards reprinted were to be Kadabra (from Vending S3, the second one with 70HP and a retreat cost of 2)?

Kadabra is still BANNED, remember?! So it is very impossible.
Please reprint this, that would look amazing.
148829.jpg
I want to but the Kadabra what I am worrying.

I love this one. I played TCG ONE before using these "Old School" cards, so I know most of them.
If you want the Blastoise Rain Dance back, remember! Rain Dance = Deluge
I hope the HP and damage of these Pokemon will fit in today's meta which 120 is normal damage and 200 is devastating.

Please reprint this, that would look amazing.
148829.jpg
That's exactly why I suggested reprinting the Kadabra card from the Vending Machines 3 (the second one with 70HP and a Retreat Cost of two). The "reprint" is the loophole needed to get round the ban on Kadabra.

That's exactly why I suggested reprinting the Kadabra card from the Vending Machines 3 (the second one with 70HP and a Retreat Cost of two). The "reprint" is the loophole needed to get round the ban on Kadabra.

How on earth would a reprint be a "loophole" that would get around the ban?

I AM VERY, VERY, VERY DISAPPOINTED! Is this the way they end the XY era?
First of all, the Generation set was not as good as we expected. They reprinted a bunch of cards, threw some promo's in it and voila. And why did they put Leafeon and Meowstic in the set, but not reprinted Crobat, Slowbro, Kingler, etc. This was one big mess numero uno.

This set feels to me like a second Generation-set. Even the name Evolutions has the same feeling as Generations. With AGAIN the 1st gen starter Pokemon EX and Mega cards. If anyone is sick of M Gardevoir? I am sick of those three ******. only the word "new" EX cards gives me hope, that they are not reprints. I hope Pidgeot will get the fifth mega-spot, but why not Pinsir?

They promised us Base Set 2016 with Generations and all we got was Slowpoke and Tauros. Now they promise it again and I only feel a very big chance to be disappointed.

And finally, why end an XY-era with a non-XY related set. I really hope they bring Base Set and XY together in this set and give XY the ending it deserves. It feels like the most rushed and and uncarefully ended Generation ever. Look how they rushed Zygarde and Volcanion into the last sets. TPCi even skipped a seconds installment of the XY games (No Z and no XY2)

If actually feel bad for generation 6.

How on earth would a reprint be a "loophole" that would get around the ban?

Trust me. It's worked with Slowpoke from Fossil, so it'll work with Kadabra. And remember: if Uri Geller has a problem with it, then tough. There are Kadabra fans out there.

Trust me. It's worked with Slowpoke from Fossil, so it'll work with Kadabra. And remember: if Uri Geller has a problem with it, then tough. There are Kadabra fans out there.

I still don't follow. Can you explain why its a loophole?
And how is Slowpoke from Fossil comparable?

Guessing we're getting a reprint of Dragonite-EX, which I'm very happy about. That plus a Ninja Boy could be a pretty decent combo in some decks.

Besides, the three are getting EX and Mega cards, so it might be a little too much of the three.

Remembering the sheer amount of Mewtwo cards in BREAKthrough, I have to agree.

EDIT: also, Kadabra got banned? I thought Uri Geller's case got thrown out of court, but Nintendo just decided not to print them in case he tried to sue again.

I hope dual type returns! ( doubtful -.-)

Reprints of Celfairy's family, Jigglypuff's and Mr. Mime with the Fairy type would be nice :)

And take you bets guys, is it gonna be Mega Pidgeot or Mega Pinsir? ;)

I hope dual type returns! ( doubtful -.-)

Reprints of Celfairy's family, Jigglypuff's and Mr. Mime with the Fairy type would be nice :)

And take you bets guys, is it gonna be Mega Pidgeot or Mega Pinsir? ;)

My gut is telling me its going to be Mega Charizard Y. Don't ask me how I know but I feel its time for a Pokemon that don't get much love to shine!

*crosses fingers* Please have base set Charizard, that costs hundreds of dollars. I need it.

Don't worry! We have hammers!

Kadabra is still BANNED, remember?! So it is very impossible.

I want to but the Kadabra what I am worrying.

I love this one. I played TCG ONE before using these "Old School" cards, so I know most of them.
If you want the Blastoise Rain Dance back, remember! Rain Dance = Deluge
I hope the HP and damage of these Pokemon will fit in today's meta which 120 is normal damage and 200 is devastating.
Make Kadabra unbanned again.

I AM VERY, VERY, VERY DISAPPOINTED! Is this the way they end the XY era?
First of all, the Generation set was not as good as we expected. They reprinted a bunch of cards, threw some promo's in it and voila. And why did they put Leafeon and Meowstic in the set, but not reprinted Crobat, Slowbro, Kingler, etc. This was one big mess numero uno.

This set feels to me like a second Generation-set. Even the name Evolutions has the same feeling as Generations. With AGAIN the 1st gen starter Pokemon EX and Mega cards. If anyone is sick of M Gardevoir? I am sick of those three ******. only the word "new" EX cards gives me hope, that they are not reprints. I hope Pidgeot will get the fifth mega-spot, but why not Pinsir?

They promised us Base Set 2016 with Generations and all we got was Slowpoke and Tauros. Now they promise it again and I only feel a very big chance to be disappointed.

And finally, why end an XY-era with a non-XY related set. I really hope they bring Base Set and XY together in this set and give XY the ending it deserves. It feels like the most rushed and and uncarefully ended Generation ever. Look how they rushed Zygarde and Volcanion into the last sets. TPCi even skipped a seconds installment of the XY games (No Z and no XY2)

If actually feel bad for generation 6.
THANK YOU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back