(2) Pokemon Referenced on 'House,' PokeBeach + Cinedigm Victini Movie Giveaway! [11/29]

...DURRRR.

I don't know what to think of that Pokemon reference. Just...

...DURRRR.

DNA, and we will succeed hard at it.

Not gonna be able to see the movie, but that House reference was awesome. WPM, just sing "Never gonna give you up" when you think someone will beat you to your movie. Solves everything.

I would go to the movie if it was playing in my town. Oh well, thank Arceus for Cartoon Network.

Speaking of which, I immediately caught the reference last night. It was hilarious.

dmaster out.

I LOLed so hard at the Arceus thing that I almost fell out of my chair! Its all like

Dude: Thats why Arceus <blah blah blah> and <blah blah blah>.
Other Dude: ... Arceus?
Dude: Look it up. XD

While I do find reference a tad offensive, how often do you see a Pokemon reference on T.V. nowadays?

LOL I caught this yesterday and had to rewind to make sure I heard him straight. That was a pretty awesome episode. First it starts off with some NHL talk, and then a Pokemon reference!

I would so go to the theatre to see this! I hope the only available theatre is 60 miles away, but it would be so worth it... maybe.. Just hoping they'll host one in my city. I wonder what the contest will consist of too!

FireMeowth said:
Too bad they didn't pronounce Arceus correctly... but still an amazing reference!
Yes they did.
They pronounced Arceus just fine.

Officially it's "Ar-kee-iss." But I think TPCi screwed that up when they dubbed it, so it probably should be "Ar-see-iss" as that is how it is pronounced in Japanese.

I'm pretty sure they didn't mess up - that's just how it's meant to be pronounced in English.
Not all names are pronounced the same in English as in Japanese, after all, even if the spelling is the same...

Makes more sense to pronounce it with a K anyways, in my opinion.

Not all names are pronounced the same in English as in Japanese, after all, even if the spelling is the same...
If they're spelt the same in English and Japanese, then they are supposed to be pronounced the same. Arceus was an Anglicization directly from the Japanese, as was every other Sinnoh Legendary Pokemon. Therefore, regardless of what TPCi might say, "AR-see-us" is the correct translation.

If you think I'm wrong, look it up ;)

It can be argued that Arceus created 4 states of matter, if you include plasma (no relation to Team Plasma)

FireMeowth said:
I'm pretty sure they didn't mess up - that's just how it's meant to be pronounced in English.

Makes more sense to pronounce it with a K anyways, in my opinion.

Not really. PBR said "AR-see-uss". Since the game was made by Game Freak (who designs and names every single Pokemon) and Nintendo, I'd trust their translation a little better than TPCi, as they deal with marketing, anime dubbing, the TCG and whatnot.

xDDD House referencing Arceus... How awesome! I also appreciate them using the "original" pronunciation.

PBR wasn't made by Game Freak, EeveeLv99 - it was made by Genius Sonority. Not that it matters, though - I'm pretty sure the dub announcer wasn't an employee of either.

I see no reason to doubt the anime when that's what we've been using as the guide for pronunciation of Pokémon names since the very start. Also, PBR was released years before Arceus was even a confirmed Pokémon, so I'd rather not trust the announcer in this case...

In Japanese, Arceus is pronounced with a soft C. In English and most other languages, Arceus is pronounced with a hard C. Why do people have a problem with that?

Back