(2) Elite Trainer Box, Championship Series Wi-Fi Tournies [12/5]

What, is Pokemon trying to be like MtG now or something?
Now if only it included sleeves. If I was playing, I'd be fine with even penny sleeves just to protect the cards for a little bit...

So for this VCG Winter Battle GBU is it limited to one game per Global link account?

My day has been made. Almost nothing expresses what a relief it is to be reminded that we get buys for WiFi tourneys now.

Interesting trainer box.

I like the idea of a dek box and I hope it's full-sized.
Looking forward to more details. :)

PRAYUS DA LAWD

FORGET BOOSTER BOXES IMA GET SETS OF THESE THINGS!

also did anyone else think of that guy on pokegym whining about no products with energies?

also i hope we get plasma recycle energy

If I didn't already have a billion energy cards, I'd get the Elite Box in a heartbeat.

That being said, I might still get it, depending on the energy distribution. Wouldn't hurt to have at least some energy from every single card generation.

^ It never hurts to have extra Darkness energy. :)
Purchase also depends on the design and "cool factor" of the box.

Ty_Sylicus said:
^ It never hurts to have extra Darkness energy. :)
Purchase also depends on the design and "cool factor" of the box.

Tell me about it.

I still only have around 20 basic darkness energy and about 18 basic metal energy. I guess I could stand to use a couple more.

It's nice to see Fat Packs for Pokemon now. I have a feeling this will end up over priced though.TPCi seems to like to put a pretty penny on rather valueless bundles.

^ I was lucky to pick up numerous Metal energy at my nearby TCG League. :)

Sadly, there either wasn't any Darkness E. promos last year, or we simple missed out on it. :/

Aw, darn! I haven't even started building my team yet for VGC 2013! Dang, I need to wrap up classes fast so I can get to work. Still, this is a pretty cool idea.
As for the Plasma Storm Elite Box idea? It's a terrible one. Look, I'll show you.

Look here (emphasis mine):
A new type of Pokemon TCG product has been announced called the "Plasma Storm: Elite Trainer Box." The box is clearly intended to help new Pokemon TCG players enter the card game, supplying all of the essentials one would need to begin playing such as Energy cards and deck supplies.

See that? Okay, now look here (again, emphasis mine):
Each box comes with...

7 Plasma Storm booster packs
40 Pokemon TCG Energy cards
2 acrylic condition markers
6 damage-counter dice
A competition-legal coin-flip die
A player’s guide
A deckbox
A collector’s box to hold everything

...But there's no deck. It gives a new player absolutely everything to really get started...except for the deck.
Man, either they're really stupid or really annoying to market this.

DNA said:
Aw, darn! I haven't even started building my team yet for VGC 2013! Dang, I need to wrap up classes fast so I can get to work. Still, this is a pretty cool idea.
As for the Plasma Storm Elite Box idea? It's a terrible one. Look, I'll show you.

Look here (emphasis mine):
A new type of Pokemon TCG product has been announced called the "Plasma Storm: Elite Trainer Box." The box is clearly intended to help new Pokemon TCG players enter the card game, supplying all of the essentials one would need to begin playing such as Energy cards and deck supplies.

See that? Okay, now look here (again, emphasis mine):
Each box comes with...

7 Plasma Storm booster packs
40 Pokemon TCG Energy cards
2 acrylic condition markers
6 damage-counter dice
A competition-legal coin-flip die
A player’s guide
A deckbox
A collector’s box to hold everything

...But there's no deck. It gives a new player absolutely everything to really get started...except for the deck.
Man, either they're really stupid or really annoying to market this.

Perfect Place to put the Team Plasma Gift Set in ... Plasma Sleeves , Deck box and 2 FULL ARTS !!! Another fail from Pokemon ...

If you're new to the game, don't waste your money on this collection . You can get Energy cards for free at pre-releases! Also, I will laugh really long and hard if they release this box after the Holidays (which I am sure they will).

As for the VGC, you guys are really lucky. The TCG is just going way down hill and the video game is getting all the attention right now.

^ Yes yes, I really wish the US team could release gift sets someone closer to their Japanese counterparts. :/

Back