(2) BW5 Shedinja and Garbodor, Keldeo Battle Strength Deck + Beginning Set [3/13]

Mudkip4321

Happiness Is A Free Bucket Of PB Cookies~
I like Shedinga now. =3 I can't wait to troll my buddie with it. :p

The Keldeo looks pretty cool, both art-wise and playing wise. (My Pokemon have TONS of time on the Bench for some wierd reason... =l) But for Zorua's Decklist.... you *might* wanna add a few Dual Balls or PokeBalls in case if you only get one or two Nincada's. =D

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Vulpix Yolk said:
I love it when they reprint things for Deoxys. All I have to say is wow. That Garbodor could be such a meta changer. I'm not quite sure what I should think about it. It can be countered by Mewtwo fairly easily, and it does have a three retreat, but the ability does shut some stuff down, mainly Eels. I think that it would work really well with Vileplume or Gothitelle, but I am not sure if it is worth the space. The ability seems vague right now, and I am having a hard time grasping it. "Deal with the discard pile" is some ridiculously vague wording. Electrode discards cards, does that mean it "deals" with the discard pile. I think we will be able to see the full potential of this card when it is finally translated to English. Shedinja is really cool, but I doubt that it will be worth the space in anything. It can snipe Tynamos off of the bench, but Shedinja is a stage 1, so there is a chance they will have already evolved before you can snipe them. I'm not quite sure what to think about either of these cards yet, but they introduce some interesting play elements.

My thoughts precisely. I can see Garbodor being annoying as all get out, but then again, it's Catcher and boom. Free Prize with the Psychic Weakness and low HP. OHKO'd by Zekrom, Reshi, and Mewtwo EX with three Energy, it'll be fun, but not formidable. Lol at the Shedinja. If only it didn't have such low HP and not take six turns to KO a Mewtwo...

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Is it Keldeo or Kelded? I thought it was Kelded XD. Anyway The card and the other cards look pretty cool I hope I can get the cards sometime XD.:)

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
ケルディオ
pronounced "KEL-dee-oh"
so yeah, Keldeo, not Kelded.

Ophie

Aspiring Trainer
That Shedinja would be funny with Rocky Helmet, by the way. Knocking Out Shedinja won't allow your opponent any progress, and their Active Pokémon gets 2 damage counters instead. Not as effective as the Cursed Powder strategy, but still deliciously annoying.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Oh right, I had completely forgotten about Dynamotor.
In that case, I rescind my previous statement about Garbodor about it sucking. The Tool bit is still a problem, but is easily resolvable.

PG24

<Pride> I'm my wildest fantasy
Advanced Member
Garbodor + Vileplume sounds cute to not make Garbodor catcher bait, but that all sounds hard to get out. Raikou EX might come out before Garbodor, totally wrecking Garbodor and reactivating Eel.

EeveeLv99

YouTube, Twitter, Xbox live: HangmanSwingset
Stupid Garbodor. Sharpedo needed help, not a counter. Good thing it's... Well... Garbage.

Unfallible

im more perfecter then u :P
Zorua said:
Oh it's a Stage one?

So pro it doesn't even need the basic.

Although I don't see why someone would want to catcher something that doesn't give off a prize, but whatever.

That's why they Catcher it before it evolves.

Kaiser Dynamo

I Hate Fairies...
There's supposed to be a Kyurem half deck coming with the Keldeo one. I shall find more pleasure in Kyurem.
Stage 3 starter reprints have great artwork.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Vulpix Yolk said:
The ability seems vague right now, and I am having a hard time grasping it. "Deal with the discard pile" is some ridiculously vague wording. Electrode discards cards, does that mean it "deals" with the discard pile. I think we will be able to see the full potential of this card when it is finally translated to English.

EeveeLv99 said:
Stupid Garbodor. Sharpedo needed help, not a counter. Good thing it's... Well... Garbage.

In case you guys didn't notice, Garbodor's ability stops other abilities. As such it doesn't affect Sharpedo (because it's an attack) or Electrode (because it's a Poké-Power).

Anyway, like Taco said, of course this Keldeo is crappy. It's from the BS deck. For sure there will be a set based on the movie/BW2 and there will definetely be better cards of Keldeo (main set cards are always better).

The beginning set reminds me of the Pt era. There was also a beginning set with the sinnoh starters that was released along with the Platinum set (that one also had the dragons though). So, since BW2 is coming, they had to come with something like this. The first BW beginning set was also released a bit before the actual set...

Shedinja is definetely cool.

Garbodor might have potential. But besides Eels, it doesn't shut a lot right now. It also stops Salamence from Dragon Selection. There might be other examples and maybe BW5 (or future sets) has more cards with that type of abilities...

Mist

Yo, my name is Brock. I'm the master of rock
Garbodor here I come to shut down Eelectriks.

Yee haw!

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Well all Garbordor can do right now is shut down Eelectric, but to stop it from being catchered into active you need trainer lock, but if you set up Vileplume before you can attatch your tool card then Gorbordor doesnt work anyway.

Shedninja looks fun but it wont make it to the meta-game, since its a stage 1. However it could be put into a trainer lock deck with 4 rescue energy, but if you use trainer lock then you cant use Good Rod, Junk Arm, or Revive (to get Nincada back). Maybe with Chandelure (the psychic type) to put multiple damage everywhere. Use Chandelure to put all your damage everywhere then end your turn with Shedninja to put final damge across the board (Shedninja pretty much has Chandelure's ability in an attack) and, if they K.O. Shedninja then they get no prizes. Could be fun.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
I retract my previous statement of Garbodor sucking after reading it's new translation, now the only problem I see with it is that it losses to Raikou EX.

Ysmir

Retired Mod
Ophie said:
I'm glad they didn't just use the standar Sugimori art with Keldeo the way they do much of the time new Legendary Pokémon are introduced into the TCG. It's stil Ryo Ueda, who along with Masakazu Fukuda does like half the cards, but it's way better than the generic illustrations Sugimori uses for the cards (which is just plain lazy).

Both artist are good. But to me the TCG's best artist is arguably Mitsuhiro Arita.

dBlue

I really wish I could abuse Shedinja... Maybe with Jirachi CoL and Chandelure some how? Wont De-evolution Spray be out at that point? Could be interesting, make it a disruption deck that denies KOs. Fun to try out.